• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

S
OK we have enough posts on the subject of controlling what is OK in the forum and what is not. We have moderators - we'll do the moderating. Questions and answers from now on please.
Sounds gud..lets keep on discussing..Sussie and Simon has helped alot in one way or the other. They should keep the ball rolling..

Last edited:
Guys in USA eti kindergarten fee can be even like USD900 per month?...

Some public schools have kindergarten and even pre-K. In public schools that education is provided free. However these are for children 4 and 5 - and the school day is short (kids will finish school between 1pm and 2:30). So - if you are looking for childcare you will need to pay - and then yes - $900/month is in the ballpark but will vary greatly on area and circumstances.

Question... Assuming your name is Gee....your are a beneficiary in the DV process... On your. Birth certificate your biological dad is ABC... However this guy has never been in your. Life at alll. Your mother married someone else who is XYZ... He is the person who has been there as your dad n has provided for you all through your life.your passport just bears your names Gee without your dad or step dad named.most of your other document bear your step dad names. In the ds 260,on the part for parents name for the father 's name you indicated your step dad names. What would bwould advise the beneficiary. To do... Note the spouse is the principal applicant

I'm confused by your post, not quite sure what the background picture you're trying to paint is or what the actual question?

Are you saying:
1 - the spouse/husband/beneficiary of the DV selectee has a birth certificate with his first name listed as GEE and the biological father listed as ABC

2 - he has his step dad's name, XYZ, listed on some of his documents?

3 - only his first name, GEE, is listed on his passport - no last name?

4 - he listed both his first name, GEE, and his step dad's name, XYZ on the DS form?

Why doesn't he simply get a passport with his first name GEE and his step dad's name XYZ listed? If he has no last name listed on his passport, whatever document he's issued by the U.S. government will always have him listed as GEE NLM (no last name) and I doubt he wants to be identified as such.

T
Some public schools have kindergarten and even pre-K. In public schools that education is provided free. However these are for children 4 and 5 - and the school day is short (kids will finish school between 1pm and 2:30). So - if you are looking for childcare you will need to pay - and then yes - $900/month is in the ballpark but will vary greatly on area and circumstances.
Thanks...for sure one need to be earning alot..its a matter of working hard..its not a joking subject especially if u have other 2kids in std 3 and 5.

Hey Brit,so wat do u usually do with the kids from 2:30pm? Is the only alternative one of the parents working half day or getting a nany? Are there anyother better alternatives.

Hey Brit,so wat do u usually do with the kids from 2:30pm? Is the only alternative one of the parents working half day or getting a nany? Are there anyother better alternatives.

One alternative would be for one parent to work, and the other stay at home, another would could be for one parent to work part time or be self employed which leaves room for the parent to be available to run the kids around.

Another alternative would be for both parents to work full time and put the kids is some after school programs. There are different after-school program options, some could be located with the school premises or a couple of blocks away from the school in which case the program usually pick up the kids from school and the parents pick up the kids from the after-school program when they close from work. These programs of course are not free.

Depending on the city where you're located and the school which your kids will be attending, there may also be an option for a free after school program. One of such free after school program is provided by an organization known as the Boys and Girls Club. They typically provide a safe environment for kids to stay after school - parents are responsible for for dropping off and picking up the kids (or making the necessary arrangements). If you know the city where you will be staying you can google the particular city to find out if they have such a program. Pending that, here's a link to the overall program in general:

http://www.bgca.org/Pages/index.aspx

I'm confused by your post, not quite sure what the background picture you're trying to paint is or what the actual question?

Are you saying:
1 - the spouse/husband/beneficiary of the DV selectee has a birth certificate with his first name listed as GEE and the biological father listed as ABC

2 - he has his step dad's name, XYZ, listed on some of his documents?

3 - only his first name, GEE, is listed on his passport - no last name?

4 - he listed both his first name, GEE, and his step dad's name, XYZ on the DS form?

Why doesn't he simply get a passport with his first name GEE and his step dad's name XYZ listed? If he has no last name listed on his passport, whatever document he's issued by the U.S. government will always have him listed as GEE NLM (no last name) and I doubt he wants to be identified as such.
yes.. It is per your summary above and the person is not sure of whom they should list a her dad.

Question,
I have someone already willing to host me which i had actually indicated in my d260 completed in may. I however have my fiance who is in a different state but has been in the US for only seven months. She is working now but i can't say she has a very good job. Just the normal jobs for starters. At the moment she lives with the father. Yesterday we were discussing that I get to move in with her when I get there,meaning I change my address during the interview. If i can raise money and let her pay for rent say for 3 months and let her buy a car so that we can use with her, do i need to let the embassy know about my plan and will this affect me if i change the address and not go to the previously stated place? Is there a duration within which one has to be in the US to host someone? Kindly help @Britsimon ,@Sm1smom and all friends a like here.

My wife will be present at the interview alone in a different embassy, does she need like a copy of my foreign resident card just in case?

One alternative would be for one parent to work, and the other stay at home, another would could be for one parent to work part time or be self employed which leaves room for the parent to be available to run the kids around.

Another alternative would be for both parents to work full time and put the kids is some after school programs. There are different after-school program options, some could be located with the school premises or a couple of blocks away from the school in which case the program usually pick up the kids from school and the parents pick up the kids from the after-school program when they close from work. These programs of course are not free.

Depending on the city where you're located and the school which your kids will be attending, there may also be an option for a free after school program. One of such free after school program is provided by an organization known as the Boys and Girls Club. They typically provide a safe environment for kids to stay after school - parents are responsible for for dropping off and picking up the kids (or making the necessary arrangements). If you know the city where you will be staying you can google the particular city to find out if they have such a program. Pending that, here's a link to the overall program in general:

http://www.bgca.org/Pages/index.aspx
Thank you so much mom. Thay was helpful.

Question,
I have someone already willing to host me which i had actually indicated in my d260 completed in may. I however have my fiance who is in a different state but has been in the US for only seven months. She is working now but i can't say she has a very good job. Just the normal jobs for starters. At the moment she lives with the father. Yesterday we were discussing that I get to move in with her when I get there,meaning I change my address during the interview. If i can raise money and let her pay for rent say for 3 months and let her buy a car so that we can use with her, do i need to let the embassy know about my plan and will this affect me if i change the address and not go to the previously stated place? Is there a duration within which one has to be in the US to host someone? Kindly help @Britsimon ,@Sm1smom and all friends a like here.

I think I would not change at the interview if I were you. The new plan sounds uncertain, so stick with the solid plan and once you are moving you are not restricted in any way...

Question,

No need to inform the CO about is plan, keep your current plan/host as is. When you get to your POE, you can let them know that you wish to change your address - this will ensure your GC gets delivered to where ever you're going.

yes.. It is per your summary above and the person is not sure of whom they should list a her dad.

Since the person in this scenario isn't the PA and is not a minor, much attention isn't going to be paid to the person. Based on the narration earlier provided, it seems the person considers the step dad to be their dad, so nothing wrong with listing the step dad's name - the assumption is that the person has been adopted by the step dad. And because the person is not a minor, it's not like they would be asked to present adoption papers. However, I still highly advise this person to get a new passport with the step dad's name listed.

My wife will be present at the interview alone in a different embassy, does she need like a copy of my foreign resident card just in case?

Okay, it seems like your mind is made up to gamble this opportunity by not attending the interview with your wife contrary to what we previously advised. We don't know if your wife will be asked for a copy of your residence card or not, but there's nothing wrong with her having it on hand just in case.

No need to inform the CO about is plan, keep your current plan/host as is. When you get to your POE, you can let them know that you wish to change your address - this will ensure your GC gets delivered to where ever you're going.
thank you so much....I am satisfied

So I did research the use of Medicaid by pregnant women and children does not make you a public charge. It also does not affect your future citizenship application. Also, immigrants can get health insurance at relatively moderate costs from the marketplace. I will let you know of my experience when and if I deliver in the USA Inshallah.