• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Visit the website (below) yourself and get the information you need or that is applicable to you:

https://www.wes.org/
For CPA, it depends on the state that you want to get your license in. Each state has its own licensing regulations. First decide which state you will want to practice in. Then, contact their state board for the requirements. The state board will evaluate you raw transcript from Kenya and will know using their own assessment criteria, how to interpret your degree as it compares to the American degree, and the rule is that you need 150 credits hours, which means you must have a masters degree, since an undergrad program only gives about 126 or less hours. I have first hand information as my husband just got licensed as a CPA in 2012.

For CPA, it depends on the state that you want to get your license in. Each state has its own licensing regulations. First decide which state you will want to practice in. Then, contact their state board for the requirements. The state board will evaluate you raw transcript from Kenya and will know using their own assessment criteria, how to interpret your degree as it compares to the American degree, and the rule is that you need 150 credits hours, which means you must have a masters degree, since an undergrad program only gives about 126 or less hours. I have first hand information as my husband just got licensed as a CPA in 2012.
Hi Imaradaima...good to learn that you have an idea...please I guess I meet the requirements...link me to sites or information on accountancy...does having a local CPA(k) help?

@imara, can one combine let say a first degree and a professional course like cpak to be able to meet the 150 credit hours

i wish to know more about social security number and selective system for men age 18yrs to26yrs
Thanks,Edmond-the other guy am talking north Carolina is also planning to enroll in the military .I will request him to email you so that you may have personal communication.
Hope it helps

you dont realy need your masters for that and i gess it depends on which state...you can do exams for a state that fits you requirements then i hea thea is a way to tranfer that to the state you want.......as for me all they need is a four year degree not 3 and since mine took four years am good to go...i just need my results evaluated by wes so they can send to the skul i want to go and the board i want.plus cpa doesnot help coz of the fact that things like tax planing and law units are not relevant in stato we did the europe law and kenyan tax system and the exams are only for if you pass one you have a limitted number of month to do the three...

Thanks,Edmond-the other guy am talking north Carolina is also planning to enroll in the military .I will request him to email you so that you may have personal communication.
Hope it helps
@sermon i will be glad to have their email because i want to join US military ,i dont care on my career,i will improve on my career while am working in the military.

you dont realy need your masters for that and i gess it depends on which state...you can do exams for a state that fits you requirements then i hea thea is a way to tranfer that to the state you want.......as for me all they need is a four year degree not 3 and since mine took four years am good to go...i just need my results evaluated by wes so they can send to the skul i want to go and the board i want.plus cpa doesnot help coz of the fact that things like tax planing and law units are not relevant in stato we did the europe law and kenyan tax system and the exams are only for if you pass one you have a limitted number of month to do the three...
i hea that NASBA is the one that is used for guys doing cpa but before you do it make sure you ask at the skul ur going to attend so that they advice you accordingly which company that is best for evaluation and its well known....coz evaluations are like 200 to 400 dollars but it depends.

@sermon i will be glad to have their email because i want to join US military ,i dont care on my career,i will improve on my career while am working in the military.
I have talked to him and he accepted I share his phone number and email to you.
Hope all goes well.
Thanks @Simon not @sermon

Wish all those slated for interview in the coming month's success.just to inform you that the date's you chose to take your medicals becomes the beginning of your 6 months visa expiration. Example I took my medicals on 14th Oct 2014 and my family members had theirs on 27th oct 2014.we attended our interview on 4th nov 2014 and visas issued on 7th Nov 2014.however my visa indicates it was to expire on 14th April 2015 while the rest are to expire on 27th April 2015.as you plan consider this...my family will be joining late february.i purchased my first vehicle on 3rd Jan 2014 and the next project is to shop a good 2 bedroomed house.in newjersey house rent is high as on average it costs $1,000-1,300. One bedroomed goes for $900.jobs opportunities is in plenty...I got several other opportunities to work other shift(very simple tasks) but am yet to figure out some logistics, timing etc..In summary am expecting to earn past $20 an hour.its sounds personal and confidentiality but I promised not to keep quiet for the sake of better planning for you guyz.the delay in my greencard (which I haven't received) has cost me lot of opportunities.the validity of my driver licence was capped at the expiration of my endorsed visa since I had no proof of living here after expiration of the endorsed visa ( I.e 1year my current lpr status without green card is valid for 1 year).Some organization insist on seeing the greencard...
Happy New Year... Way to go @Simon. Thanks your your very informative updates and Gods favor this year and the years to come....