• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

@usken go
Read this post-submitted by his host @Nesh422
http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-kenya-selectees-forum.320783/page-65 click this link
Hey guys! Congrats on your winnings and welcome to the good old uncle Sams!Been around for a year and 8 months and fully settled. I won the DV 2013. I applied for someone who won and did the medicals today. I'm to host him and the family. The issue is on the KCSE certificate, nobody so far as responded to the question correctly. DO YOU NEED VERIFICATION FROM KNEC IF YOU HAVE ORIGINAL CERT?To be honest I think if you have original KCSE cert you don't need any kind of verification. ..The only reason you would be put on AP due to cert is because it's either it's counterfeit or didn't have the original. If it was counterfeit, and you go back for second interview you can kiss freedom and America good bye coz you u be going for the handcuffs. ..but may be things changed, inform me if possible. The reason I'm saying this is because in our DV2013 they had this restriction on the average grade which put many a winners in a temptation to go for river road certs....and boy, were they all arrested. But your case is different and maybe that's why they would require confirmation from KNEC but I still don't get it...I directed the person I'm asking on behalf of here but has not been able to post for some reasons. ..and once again guys I share in your joy of winning. ...so gorgeous 1 year and half. ..have been able to get into a top notch USA pharmacy school. ..together with my wife...works over the weekend. ..has our own place 2 cars and the going is great but very busy...we can't complain so let nobody discourage you. ..especially if you are young. ..we left our university education mid way in kenya and no regrets so far.Ifnyoubare coming to East Coast Holla!
Nesh42:Infact i met the guy(family) you are talking about and I introduced myself to him as we waited for the medicals(my family) medicals.Initially he couldn't understand why its necessary but after informing him of a lady who was put on AP yesterday and requested to visit KNEC for a confidential report he and wife agreed to visit KNEC:Now the KNEC issue is NOT a must:however,when almost everyone take that route and another decide NOT to,the Embassy might think you are hiding something and instead of being put on AP before you prove AUTHENTICITY of your document,most of us( with genuine documents) have opted NOT to test the depth of the water-but instead cushion ourselves by visiting KNEC.It only cost ksh 2350/=Am in contact with your friend and we have shared a lot.Hope this settles your concern.

Usken I hope this puts the debate to REST

@Simon[/USER]! re read my post. In simple number work book its three oranges, 3 cartoons, 3 hares,3 apples , 3.... 3 untill it is 3 in the young mind, 3.This is objectivity. Forget about your friend or any other example, and i guess many members here take the lesson not how it was packaged - the lesson. You took the wrong turn here!:confused:

@Simon[/USER]! re read my post. In simple number work book its three oranges, 3 cartoons, 3 hares,3 apples , 3.... 3 untill it is 3 in the young mind, 3.This is objectivity. Forget about your friend or any other example, and i guess many members here take the lesson not how it was packaged - the lesson. You took the wrong turn here!:confused:
Point noted:-

@Simon this is also my plan - to become a truck driver! Can you do some investigations on what is required to qualify. Like the company sponsored truck driving schools etc....
You pay through the nose for the track drivers course-returns are very very good:-Am torn between -

Simon, indeed you are doing a good job as far as updates are concerned together with forum moderators and members such as me. I read and re-read through the posts and they add value to the process as a whole. My date with the CO is almost and God with us.

Simon, indeed you are doing a good job as far as updates are concerned together with forum moderators and members such as me. I read and re-read through the posts and they add value to the process as a whole. My date with the CO is almost and God with us.
Success brother:The VISA is yours-post your experience and be an encouragement to to others-Give dada a call she will give you my temporal number

All is well, life continues..adjusting and all. Learning the roads as I drive around..
Hi Mzee...Last time I checked you were torn btn VW polo and passat.So which one did you settle for and at what budget?I wanted to know the trusted sites to shop for used autos in houston.Thanks

You pay through the nose for the track drivers course-returns are very very good:-Am torn between -

Yap Simon the courses are expensive but there are many truck companies that have their own driving schools were you can train and then they employ you where they will deduct the training costs from your salo. But I understand you should have a driving license for atleast an year.

Life in US:-
Social : People are very social they always meet each other(planned) meetings as opposed to the usual way back at home where you are heading somewhere
meet a person on the way(unplanned) and start a chat that takes hours
Infrastructure : State of the art infrastructure,planned estates.
Housing : 2 bed roomed houses are in the range of kshs 70,000-kshs 110,000/=($1=kshs 90)
Mobile : Very cheap calling within but expensive calling to Kenya-You buy a card and you have to exhaust it(one time call)-So you end up having a lengthily and unnecessary conversation that
at times goes for an hour,its better send some money and receive calls from kenya (skhs 90 or $1 calling from home will have a talk time of almost an hour and credit is reusable any time.
Food : Some shops stock African products: A lot of Mbuzi meat (whole carcass ) you chop it the way you want fro roasting,Uji9mmixed millet,sorgum,yam),Ugali
sukuma wiki-is tasteless,mukimo-depends with host
CAR : A car is a must-Yesterday I took a walk and for over 5 kilometers i never met any one walking-In big streets you will have pedestrians moving up and down though
A policeman who was standing on a Highway asked me
Are you Ok ?
Me-Very Ok Sir
Corp-Enjoy your walk
Me-Sure
The whether was very fine though and people prefer indoor activities
Money : Guyz are making cool money-There is NO day and Night-wages range from $10-15 10 per hour and most of them work for an average 15 hrs.
They don't like those white collar jobs,They are comfortable with the blue collar jobs

Long hauliers(track drivers) : Thats where money is,I guy is making $ 2,500-4,000( A WEEK) monthly is kshs 1,000,000/= depends with the company
CAVEAT-The trailer will be your permanent house-you take bath there ,dining is there is there sleep is there..lol!!
Will share more on this very soon..This first hand information of a person close to me

Thank you bro, that is great information. Out of curiosity, are jobs readily available

The following has been copied form the Daily Nation, Kenya's favourite daily.

"Fake US Visa documents cost man60k (kenyan Currency-say 660usd)
A man was yesterday fined sh60,000 for applying for an American visa using fake documents. In default.................................. one year in jail.
He was arrested at us embassy in Nairobi when he presented a bank statement and an enrollment letter he had forged...................
He pleaded guilty but asked for leniency, saying he was an orphan and his siblings depended on Him."

Is this worth it , i mean the forgery part?? Surely?
If you can crack it hear, i mean the livelihood puzzle, then you can too elsewhere. You cannot crack it here through forgery- that is for sure.

Hi Mzee...Last time I checked you were torn btn VW polo and passat.So which one did you settle for and at what budget?I wanted to know the trusted sites to shop for used autos in houston.Thanks

Ha ha ha true. Tell us Guriix about your pursuit for that VW GT. Here, average blokes talk Toyotas 1500cc-2000cc. My friends In US say that a new vw gt will cost you about 20k.
Of course starters do not splash out that and it is a horizontal financial movement, that is if you had a car before flying out.You think about 8k and you will be mobile, in good condition, spoilt for choice.

The following has been copied form the Daily Nation, Kenya's favourite daily.

"Fake US Visa documents cost man60k (kenyan Currency-say 660usd)
A man was yesterday fined sh60,000 for applying for an American visa using fake documents. In default.................................. one year in jail.
He was arrested at us embassy in Nairobi when he presented a bank statement and an enrollment letter he had forged...................
He pleaded guilty but asked for leniency, saying he was an orphan and his siblings depended on Him."

Is this worth it , i mean the forgery part?? Surely?
If you can crack it hear, i mean the livelihood puzzle, then you can too elsewhere. You cannot crack it here through forgery- that is for sure.
For bad to worst. May God save everybody from doing such mistake.