• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

As a motorbike rider (very vulnerable to getting wiped out by a huge truck) I'm very pleased to hear that!
True and good for drivers to be well trained , always on extra look out for riders. Did a research on it and it happens mostly at the intersections. IDSYM (I Din't See You Mate.) is the most common response from drivers who hit riders.

Last edited:
Is it possible tounlock the ds260 after getting 2nl?
2nl implies that your ds260 has been processed and forwarded to the embassy.It is wise to wait and make any changes during your interview. There is a case in this thread, i think ms Dada brought it here about someone not in the forum who was given a day and link by the embassy in Nairobi to go and update his ds260, i think he was adding dependant? I am not sure about the exact details but he got his visa the following day.

Today we were taken through some orientation lessons for the new Job. Am also considering taking another part time Job (3-4)hours which have been offered to me. For the Commercial Driving License,I was told to be considered the first requirement is proof of a one year drivers experience in the States. This are my plans buddies-wishing all those going,waiting for theirs interview/being current success in their future endeavours
Simon, you mean you are already on the first job! Amazing. Kwani majob ni mob sana yaani zinangojea sisi mara hiyo!

Hi all, I don't have a KCSE certificate, only the transcript we weregiven when the results came out. Will this work or do I have to ask KNEC for a certificate?

Additionally, How do i go about getting a police certificate? do i just go to any police station and what do they need from me?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Hi all, I don't have a KCSE certificate, only the transcript we weregiven when the results came out. Will this work or do I have to ask KNEC for a certificate?

Additionally, How do i go about getting a police certificate? do i just go to any police station and what do they need from me?

Thanks,

You require the original certificate not the result slip and by the way, when did you clear your o levels because the certificates are available
at your school within 1 year. If it is less than an year, then I think you need to request from KNEC. Concerning the police clearance certificate, you can visit
any CID offices near where you reside. Any more input from members? Remember KNEC has to provide confidential confirmation report.

Last edited:
You require the original certificate not the result slip and by the way, when did you clear your o levels because the certificates are available
at your school within 1 year. If it is less than an year, then I think you need to request from KNEC. Concerning the police clearance certificate, you can visit
any CID offices near where you reside. Any more input from members? Remember KNEC has to provide confidential confirmation report.
Besides the knec certificate...you MUST visit the nairobi knec offices to confidentially sent a report to the nairobi US embassy;this you do after getting your 2NL.about the Police certificate visit any divisional police quaters that has a CID unit,you shall be sorted out.Thanks

Thanks,
The police charges 1k,you go in person for finger printings with your ID.remember if you have derivatives above 16yrs;they shall need a similar certificate.The Knec fee a is around 2300khs.
Thanks

Today we were taken through some orientation lessons for the new Job.
Am also considering taking another part time Job (3-4)hours which have been offered to me.
For the Commercial Driving License,I was told to be considered the first requirement is proof of a one year drivers experience in the States.
This are my plans buddies-wishing all those going,waiting for theirs interview/being current success in their future endeavours
Hi Simon..it nice to note the progress made in such a short period.such auspicious beginings makes us back here optimistic.God bless you.
Thanks

Hi all. i took data for 2004-2014 and it shows what is have attached. I took out 2012 (752 visas) and replaced that with the 11 year average (1730) as it was out of range. What is your take on this?

Attachments

• dv kenya scenario.pdf
    169.7 KB · Views: 48
Halleluya, halleluya, halleluya,Hallelu, halleluyaaaaaaaaa aaa My My SSN is here with me halleluyaaaaaaaaa.
The host just opened the mail box and what...SSN....GOD has just answered my prayer and goodwill wishes from people close to my heart.
Thank you forum ates
congrats Simon

Thanks Ingwe and Gitma. I finished high school over 10 years ago so i guess i should go to the school and pick it up.

Sorry another question about police certificate. I live in Nairobi but work in another county for significant amounts of time over the last year. Do I need police certificates for both Nairobi and the other county?