• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

If you have family back in Sri lanka, Parents or Husband/wife I think they can do it on your behalf, but i'm not sure about that,

Here is my last year DV lottery experience at Colombo. This will help for you guys.

hey can i know what are the interview questions..........?

My dv lottery visa journey - 2013 - Colombo/Sri Lanka

For the second time I applied for DV lottery on the closing date, just after an examination. I was not with big hopes about winning but I just applied it once again.

It was 05th of may in 2012. I checked my notifications and got amazed by the news that I have selected for further processing. I hadn't any idea about further processing. I just thought that they would select and send me a green card.

When I'm filling the forms I had to get the support of some forums and people. After that I sent the forms to KCC. I was so lucky to receive my second notification on 12th of march.

My next work was to complete my documents according to the check list sent by the embassy. Even if I have completed everything, I was confused and nervous about the interview. I hadn't any address of USA, but I was lucky to get an address from a friend. It was a luck to be helped by the people who me I have never known.

It was the day of interview. I got ready with everything that I needed for the interview.It was 1.00 pm and I was waiting out side of the security unit. They asked me to enter in to another building where my interview was. There was a lady from our country. She asked me to submit my documents one by one. I could manage to do that work easily. She noted some errors in my forms and completed my file after checking with the details and the copy of DV form that I have sent early. At the end of the document works I was called for the finger print.

Finally I went to pay the fees and while I was there, they called me for the interview. I just faced it without any problem.

CO: Raise your right hand ... do you swear to tell the truth n ..nothing but the truth?
ME: I did.
CO: asked me to to sign the DS230 form
CO: Who is this person (about sponsor)?
ME: one of my friend
CO: Currently what are you doing?
ME: nothing. just had my convocation on 2nd of may.
CO: Which university?
ME: Answered
CO: what degree
ME: B.Sc
CO: Do you wish to stay in sponsor's place?
ME: Yeah
CO: took a yellow paper and wrote the name with Visa collection date
ME: thanks.

That was the interview.

Just after coming out I got to know that I have to pay the fees before going to the interview. They have accidently called me before paying money.

After coming out of the embassy first I phoned my home. Next I thanked everyone who helped me through out this work..

professional programmes

If the HND is not a vocational program, you should be fine. But call the embassy and check they should give you a better insight.

What about professional exams ? like business management and human resource mgt. ?

Need some help please

Hi All,

Selected
CASE number 2014AS00019XXX
Forms sent to KCC
Confirmed from KCC - Nov/2013
2NL - not yet
Interview - not yet

According to the visa bulletin numbers being processed for Asia are ,
March 4325
April 5350
So according to the 2013 visa bulletin also the maximum number in the visa bulletin was 9850 (in July) .Other months are saying "Current"
What does " current" mean? does that mean all the other remaining numbers are getting interviews in August and September?

And another question .

After I move to USA after getting visa, how long will it take to get green card?
after getting green card , if I come back and get married, can I bring my wife there?
or if I can't do so , If I go back to USA how long will it take to bring my wife to USA?

Please someone answer...

Hi All,

Selected
CASE number 2014AS00019XXX
Forms sent to KCC
Confirmed from KCC - Nov/2013
2NL - not yet
Interview - not yet

According to the visa bulletin numbers being processed for Asia are ,
March 4325
April 5350
So according to the 2013 visa bulletin also the maximum number in the visa bulletin was 9850 (in July) .Other months are saying "Current"
What does " current" mean? does that mean all the other remaining numbers are getting interviews in August and September?

And another question .

After I move to USA after getting visa, how long will it take to get green card?
after getting green card , if I come back and get married, can I bring my wife there?
or if I can't do so , If I go back to USA how long will it take to bring my wife to USA?

Please someone answer...

Current mean it has enough visa slots for remaining selectees that return their forms to KCC. DV14 is different from DV13, in DV13 it has around 11k CN for 16k selectees and in DV14 it has roughly 27k CN for 23k selectees. So, we can say the ratio for primary selectees to derivatives ratio in DV14 is lower compare to DV13. That's also mean higher CN in Dv14 for the same ranking of DV13. Your CN is a bit on the high side and if the interview come it will be in either August or September. Once you activate your green card when you arrived to your POE, it will takes few week to get your physical green card. If you get married after you get your green card, you need to apply green card for your wife visa family visa program and that takes few months to years.

Tip for the identification second notification letter for the interview

THE BEST WAY TO CHECK YOUR SEND NOTIFICATION LETTER FOR THE INTERVIEW IS THE FIRST WEB SITE LINK BELOW https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ BY GIVING THE FIRST CONFIRMATION DETAILS OF YOUR APPLICATION.

THANK YOU

NAUSHAD

Sri lankan tread

THE BEST WAY TO CHECK YOUR SEND NOTIFICATION LETTER FOR THE INTERVIEW IS THE FIRST WEB SITE LINK BELOW https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ BY GIVING THE FIRST CONFIRMATION DETAILS OF YOUR APPLICATION.

THANK YOU

NAUSHAD

Hi where are you casper21 who started this tread.by now you must have faced the interveiw..also mr sudusingha.....pls share some info for the other sri lankans ...we appriciate your help.thank you in advance..

Hi where are you casper21 who started this tread.by now you must have faced the interveiw..also mr sudusingha.....pls share some info for the other sri lankans ...we appriciate your help.thank you in advance..

No one will help us......... i think we won't call for an interview.................

Hi guys,
2014AS2XXX winner from Sri Lanka, i got my visa.

wish you all get soon and the interview is very simple.

Hi guys,
2014AS2XXX winner from Sri Lanka, i got my visa.

wish you all get soon and the interview is very simple.

Congratulations and good luck for your new journey. As a fellow Sri Lankan it's very nice to see someone from sri lanka got selected.

Are you selected based on A/L or Work Experience and if you have time let us know how it went at the embassy

Work Experience Qualify

Unless your in the Job Zone 4 and SVP 7 & higher you will not get a chance of green card.
Since my friend was refused and he was under Job Zone 2 and SVP 4 so he is denied from refuse of visas,
Work Experience Qualify applicants please look into your job zone and SVP which categories you fall into before attending the visas interview......

Unless your in the Job Zone 4 and SVP 7 & higher you will not get a chance of green card.
Since my friend was refused and he was under Job Zone 2 and SVP 4 so he is denied from refuse of visas,
Work Experience Qualify applicants please look into your job zone and SVP which categories you fall into before attending the visas interview......

That is very clear in the instructions. Why on earth did your friend even try???

Thanks and mine got A/L also i have submitted work experience saying that i am not burden on the country while Job Zone Five and SVP Range 8.0 and above.

guys interview is very very simple please don't be confused only spent time to prepare your documents to avoid further question from visa officer and delay process.

My interview was in neighbor country not in sri lanka bcz im not living in Sri Lanka, if you dont have A/L its ok but work experience is fine. so please relax and get ready for your interview.

The only question by visa officer: what you are going to do in the USA?

Its lottery so they need only basic requirements.

Please feel free for further questions.

plz help me

hi friends...im from sri lanka...my cn is as111**
any chances to get an interview...if have when will get interview an mail interview notification...?
plzzz help me

hi friends...im from sri lanka...my cn is as111**
any chances to get an interview...if have when will get interview an mail interview notification...?
plzzz help me

You will get an email to the email address you mentioned in your visa forms... I think they are giving you a link OR instructions to log in their site(www.dvlottery.state.gov) using your initial confirmation number.... there you will find your appointment information.