• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

Suggest meh , 9 years before my school name was XYZ .... I made new character certificate but now my same school name has little bit changed like WXYZ ...does it makes difference while in interview ?. Should i certify from the school ? XYZ and WXYZ are same school...!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Majority of the winners will get a chance for an interview......... no doubt about that............................. it can be everyone

OK - it all sounds good. Good luck with it!

Hey Simon,

Was able to get hold of a US embassy contact here and she told me that, The degree should be fine. As long as you have a university (formal) qualification and not a vocational diploma, then it shouldn't be a problem. but again final decision of approving a visa is in the hands of a CO.
P.S: she also told that there is an 80% chance that Asia will increase by a little next month probably another 500-800, but cannot guarantee this info, as they really cannot confirm it yet, as this was more like an inside info.

Hey Simon,

Was able to get hold of a US embassy contact here and she told me that, The degree should be fine. As long as you have a university (formal) qualification and not a vocational diploma, then it shouldn't be a problem. but again final decision of approving a visa is in the hands of a CO.
P.S: she also told that there is an 80% chance that Asia will increase by a little next month probably another 500-800, but cannot guarantee this info, as they really cannot confirm it yet, as this was more like an inside info.

That is very good news. The difference she made between formal and vocational is absolutely correct and referred to in instructions. Anyway, that takes the pressure off - although for me, I would still take something in terms of work experience qualification even if it is just to push for AP if the interview is going toward denial on the education grounds. AP would then give you time to compile evidence of work experience qualification.

Interesting on the AS prediction - she may well be correct if no special cutoff is placed on Iran/Nepal.

hey can i know what are the interview questions..........?

There are some accounts of interviews - some good ones in the African threads. no two interviews are the same and they are not asking you questions on general knowledge etc. It will just be about you, your application and what you intend to do in the US. Many interviews last 2 or 3 minutes.

I need to get a copy of the birth certificate in English and also I've lost my national ID card. I'll be visiting Colombo soon. I'm hoping to get these while I'm there. It has been a while since I've been in Sri Lanka. From what I can gather, I need to go to Divisial Secretariat in Colombo (in colombo 12?) to get a copy the birth certificate and for National ID I need to go to Department of Registration of Persons in Colombo 5. Is that correct? Any info. is very much appreciated.

hi, i have 7 pass in o/levels and i didnt do a/levels. after successfully completing the o/level then i followed a BTEC Level 5 HND (EDEXEL) in computing and systems development at IDM city campus now i have completed it too. am i qualified for the dv lottery?

hi, i have 7 passes in o/levels and i didnt do a/levels. after successfully completing the o/level then i followed a BTEC Level 5 HND (EDEXEL) in computing and systems development at IDM city campus now i have completed it too. am i qualified for the dv lottery?

hi, i have 7 passes in o/levels and i didnt do a/levels. after successfully completing the o/level then i followed a BTEC Level 5 HND (EDEXEL) in computing and systems development at IDM city campus now i have completed it too. am i qualified for the dv lottery?

If the HND is not a vocational program, you should be fine. But call the embassy and check they should give you a better insight.

I need to get a copy of the birth certificate in English and also I've lost my national ID card. I'll be visiting Colombo soon. I'm hoping to get these while I'm there. It has been a while since I've been in Sri Lanka. From what I can gather, I need to go to Divisial Secretariat in Colombo (in colombo 12?) to get a copy the birth certificate and for National ID I need to go to Department of Registration of Persons in Colombo 5. Is that correct? Any info. is very much appreciated.

if you have a copy of your original birth certificate, an approved translator from your ds should be fine. and your id should be applied through your grama niladhari.

Actually I don't live in Sri Lanka. So don't have a grama niladhari. I lost my national ID card (I do have the number in my passport), I just need to get it replaced. Where should I go to do that? Do you know? Thanks

Actually I don't live in Sri Lanka. So don't have a grama niladhari. I lost my national ID card (I do have the number in my passport), I just need to get it replaced. Where should I go to do that? Do you know? Thanks

Please send me a private message on where you are and how long you have been away and ill be able to give you more specific info related to your scenario.
Basically for a lost NIC, you need to get a police report, and re apply through your grama niladhari, thats how i did mine when i lost both my DL and NIC back in Australia.