• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - South America and The Caribbean winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, did you have to send any form (I485 or G325) in order to get your interview date?

Hello, did you have to send any form (I485 or G325) in order to get your interview date?

Hello everybody!!

I am preparing for my upcoming interview... and just last week I received a letter (physical mail) with instructions for my interview and the appointment.
Several of you already asked how you received your 2NL, I received an email telling me to check my status on the website. When I did it, there was a letter informing me the place and time of the appointment.
I wasn't expecting an actual letter but it arrived anyway. I'm from Chile, and my case is been process in Santiago.
Inside this letter there were instructions regarding all the documents including a check list.
They also send the forms for the doctor appointment.
Among the list of documents they asked:
-passport
-job offer from US or I864 affidavit of support from US citizen (including tax form )
- 330 $US per person in cash or credit card to be pay that day
- middle and high school certificates with official stamp from the ministry
-university certificates with official stamps from the ministry
-job offer or affidavit
-original birth, marriage and police certificates
- 4 pictures 5x5 cm

I'll let you know how it goes!!

Another one

Hey my SA friends,

I'm a newbie and like all of you hoping for the best. I like this forum. It's definitely more optimistic than peter roight's. But more than that, I feel some of the more experience posters know what they are talking about. Definitely SA is a small region compared to AS, EU or AF and some of our countries like Cuba and Venezuela are having lots of troubles. SA is advancing faster than last year. So here's my thought, if God has picked our magic #, I don't care how high it is. I know he did it with a purpose :) we should be all thankful to be selected among millions.

I'm from Venezuela SA 21xx...

Question?

Hi everybody,

A quick question to all the experts: my magic # is SA 21xx. I'm from Venezuela where the bulk of SA region winners are from. Let's say the embassy at Caracas is very busy with all the interviews, but mine is in Montreal, Canada. Would it make any difference at all, since the Montreal embassy only process very few SA during any given years? I understand my number has to be current in order to be scheduled to an interview. Thanks and God bless.

Hey my SA friends,

I'm a newbie and like all of you hoping for the best. I like this forum. It's definitely more optimistic than peter roight's. But more than that, I feel some of the more experience posters know what they are talking about. Definitely SA is a small region compared to AS, EU or AF and some of our countries like Cuba and Venezuela are having lots of troubles. SA is advancing faster than last year. So here's my thought, if God has picked our magic #, I don't care how high it is. I know he did it with a purpose :) we should be all thankful to be selected among millions.

Welcome to the forum! We all feel blessed with our chance!!! And frankly, I have plenty of hope and am convinced that I will get my interview!!! I'm sure you will get your interview too, and everything is going to be ok. They picked 1900 and few more from Venezuela this year, so I think they will give us a very good chance.

Do you have your papers ready yet? If living in Canada, I'm sure you have. I have lots of friend over there, it seems that we are going WHEREVER just to get out...

Good luck! and if you need anything, DM me.

Hey my SA friends,

That guy (Peter Roth) cracks me up. He has a graphic on his website that says "No cometa plagio, no publique este material en otro sitio web". However, he has been in this forum asking questions so that he can publish the answers on his web page. Ironic.

Welcome to the forum! We all feel blessed with our chance!!! And frankly, I have plenty of hope and am convinced that I will get my interview!!! I'm sure you will get your interview too, and everything is going to be ok. They picked 1900 and few more from Venezuela this year, so I think they will give us a very good chance.

Do you have your papers ready yet? If living in Canada, I'm sure you have. I have lots of friend over there, it seems that we are going WHEREVER just to get out...

Good luck! and if you need anything, DM me.

Hi Veronice,

Ok most of my papers are fine. The only thing missing is my antecedents penales. I will be going to Venezuela to get that. One thing I would like to ask you. I currently have two passports the new one with the chip and one expired that says republica bolivariana de Venezuela. The new one will be expiring in Jan 2015. Assuming that my interview is august-september, do you think I would need to get a new passport? It is a nightmare getting a passport in vzla now. The other thing I thought of is having the embassy of Venezuela to extend my old passport for 1 year. They said that can be done since it still bears the republica bolivariana. Thanks a lot.

Hi Veronice,

Ok most of my papers are fine. The only thing missing is my antecedents penales. I will be going to Venezuela to get that. One thing I would like to ask you. I currently have two passports the new one with the chip and one expired that says republica bolivariana de Venezuela. The new one will be expiring in Jan 2015. Assuming that my interview is august-september, do you think I would need to get a new passport? It is a nightmare getting a passport in vzla now. The other thing I thought of is having the embassy of Venezuela to extend my old passport for 1 year. They said that can be done since it still bears the republica bolivariana. Thanks a lot.

Hi BigSmile!!! Well, the antecedentes penales can be requested online. The business is like this: you request them online and 5 working days later you go to Ministerio de Relaciones Interiores and they give it to you. They don't notify you, they don't send you a mail, you just go and get them.
About the Passport, there is a catch: you can ask for a new passport and if you do that by phone you should get an interview very soon. BUT some people report that when you ASK for the new passport, they CANCEL your old one. So I don't really don't know how that works, but I do know that it is very important to have a new passport before leaving to the States because there you won't be able to get one once you are there (remember there is only one consulate and it is in New Orleans)...
I also don't know about the passport extension and if that is still posible. I recommend you to check the saime web to see what are your options with the renewal or extension. GOOD LUCK!!!

Hi Veronice,

Para el tramite de antecedentes penales debes previamente registrarte en la pagina del Ministerio de Interior y Justicia y se solicita en línea: https://sircap.mij.gov.ve/Certificaciones/CU_login/

El ingreso para la solicitud en línea debe de lunes a viernes ser entre 7 am y 12 pm. Hay que tener paciencia e intentarlo varias veces ya tiene mucho trafico. Una vez que hagas la solicitud el Certificado esta listo en cinco días (en teoría). Puedes retirarlo personalmente o enviar a una persona como poder notariado.

Saludos,

Sordy

Para el tramite de antecedentes penales debes previamente registrarte en la pagina del Ministerio de Interior y Justicia y se solicita en línea: https://sircap.mij.gov.ve/Certificaciones/CU_login/

El ingreso para la solicitud en línea debe de lunes a viernes ser entre 7 am y 12 pm. Hay que tener paciencia e intentarlo varias veces ya tiene mucho trafico. Una vez que hagas la solicitud el Certificado esta listo en cinco días (en teoría). Puedes retirarlo personalmente o enviar a una persona como poder notariado.

Saludos,

Sordy

Muchas gracias Sordy. Sabrias si tendria que tener 6 meses de validez en el pasaporte al ir a la entrevista. Ya que estoy en un dilema. Mi pasaporte vence en enero 2015 y para sacar un pasaporte nuevo horita es una larga espera. Tengo el pasaporte viejo vencido que dice republica bolivariana que todavia lo puedo extender en la embajada de Venezuela por un ano mas.

Saludos,

hi guys!..

I need help, I tried to fill the DS-260 online but a message appears telling me my NVC number is not right.
which one is the NVC number? I guess was the lottery .. but I tried and it didn't work!

please help!!!

hi guys!..

I need help, I tried to fill the DS-260 online but a message appears telling me my NVC number is not right.
which one is the NVC number? I guess was the lottery .. but I tried and it didn't work!

please help!!!

I haven't heard anything about that form, i checked on google about it and i found this:

http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/ds-260.html

The following applicants must use Form DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa Application:

* Immediate relatives of U.S. Citizens or Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs)
* Employment-based and investor visa applicants
* Returning residents (SB-1)

And we are not any of the above, so I don't know if you or we need to fill that form. And it's the Ukrainian embassy page.

In other hand, I found this one:

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ubmit/how-to-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

They say that NVC means: National Visa Center and it is on New Hampshire and all our documents and cases have been processed on the Kentucky Consular Center.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think it is a little bit different ask for an immigration visa appointment, than what happened to us that we won the chance to have one.

hi guys!..

please help!!!

My best wishes in your interview today. As soon as you can please share your experience with us.

Sordy

Hello guys!!!

so, I had my interview yesterday.. and went great!

regarding DS260. I called NVC, they told me to call KCC. SO I call KCC, and they told me to contact the embassy. SInce the embassy doesn't reply by phone I sent and email on Monday, and they replied on Tuesday telling me no to worry, that I have the DS230 and that should be enough.

So, going back to the interview. I had my appointment at 14:00. weird since all the appointments are usually in the morning. Anyway.. We went there (with my husband), and wait outside the embassy. Couldn't have lunch 'cause I was too nervous.
At 13:55 they let us inn. The embassy was empty, just us for the interview. They give us a number and told us to wait to be call. One minute later a lady call us to the window and start asking for all our papers. After going through all the papers, they told us to wait for the interview. Then we were called by the consul and he was very nice checking the dates of previous visas and plans that we have for the future in the US. After that they told us that everything look fine and to pick up our passport in 10 days.

That's it!!

thanks for all your good wishes!!

Hello guys!!!

regarding DS260. I called NVC, they told me to call KCC. SO I call KCC, and they told me to contact the embassy. SInce the embassy doesn't reply by phone I sent and email on Monday, and they replied on Tuesday telling me no to worry, that I have the DS230 and that should be enough.

So, going back to the interview. I had my appointment at 14:00. weird since all the appointments are usually in the morning. Anyway.. We went there (with my husband), and wait outside the embassy. Couldn't have lunch 'cause I was too nervous.
At 13:55 they let us inn. The embassy was empty, just us for the interview. They give us a number and told us to wait to be call. One minute later a lady call us to the window and start asking for all our papers. After going through all the papers, they told us to wait for the interview. Then we were called by the consul and he was very nice checking the dates of previous visas and plans that we have for the future in the US. After that they told us that everything look fine and to pick up our passport in 10 days.

That's it!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hope we all can do it so good at the embassy! Have a wonderful moving!

Hello guys!!!

That's it!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gratz!!

I'm so glad you made it! Way to go, Girl!

Hello guys!!!

That's it!!

Easy peasy - congratulations!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to get your opinion on the progress of SA so far? Are you all pleased with the April Cutoff? At first I wasn't particularly anxious about the rate but as time progresses, I find myself growing very nervous. Britsimon? Veronice? thoughts on this? Do you think we may see this year the cutoffs going all the way up to the 1900's before the region going current? At the end of the day until the official numbers are released I understand it's all speculation but I like to get other opinions.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to get your opinion on the progress of SA so far? Are you all pleased with the April Cutoff? At first I wasn't particularly anxious about the rate but as time progresses, I find myself growing very nervous. Britsimon? Veronice? thoughts on this? Do you think we may see this year the cutoffs going all the way up to the 1900's before the region going current? At the end of the day until the official numbers are released I understand it's all speculation but I like to get other opinions.

SA is doing pretty well! Obviously the desire of people to get the green card, particularly in Venezuela, must be pretty high, so I imagine the response rate for SA is high this year. So, despite a strong response rate, the numbers have progressed well so far. SA17XX is probably a July interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.