• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2014 marriage issue (follow to join)

Randy Effah

After following the advice on forum i posted a new form for my husband and i but when i receive the interview date the beneficiary was None

After following the advice on forum i posted a new form for my husband and i but when i receive the interview date the beneficiary was None

The advice was to send a copy of the marriage certificate and new forms for you and your husband. Did you do that? If you did that then they may not have processed the updated forms in time. If I were you I would call KCC to verify they have your updated forms and what you should do.

Also, be aware that they will be looking for proof of your relationship being a real one, not just a marriage to gain an extra Green Card.

U have to send a copy of ur marriage certificate (Translated one if it is not in English) with that forms.. So what are you going to do now?

First of all, you should stop posting like people in this forum wrongly advised you, and it's their fault your husband wasn't included as a derivative on the interview letter you received.

You have a very low CN in the 7,000 range. The only reason you hadn't been scheduled for an appointment as at the first time you posted in this forum in Nov, asking for what to do with regards to your husband, was because you sent in your initial forms to KCC in July. If you had sent in your forms in May like most selectees did, you probably would have received your IL by the time you posted.

People rightly advised you to send updated forms with a copy of your marriage certificate. Unfortunately, those new set of forms with the updated information did not get processed by KCC as at the time of scheduling your interview. KCC went by the previously submitted forms hence the no beneficiary indicated on your letter.

When people get married after being selected as single (and then send in their 2nd sets of forms after getting married), they tend to not realize there's a time frame KCC is working with. If you're going to get married after being selected, you need to be mindful of the fact that it's something that needs to happen soon, take into consideration how high or low your CN is and how soon KCC needs to be informed of your change in status.

Anyway, in your case, I suggest you start by calling KCC. Let them know you sent in updated forms (with a copy of your marriage certificate I hope?), and that you've now received your IL and your spouse is not listed. Ask them for guidance on what to do. If your updated forms were sent by email, you can also forward that email back to KCC and explain your current situation. But I would start with a phone call if I were you.

follow to join

I have been in the us for the past three years through dv lottery but did not include my wife and kids on my initial dv application. can I petition for them to join me through the follow to join or I should file I 130 ? any advice for me.

I have been in the us for the past three years through dv lottery but did not include my wife and kids on my initial dv application. can I petition for them to join me through the follow to join or I should file I 130 ? any advice for me.

Are you saying that you were actually married when you entered and won the DV lottery but entered as single?

In that case you have probably created a big problem for yourself since they will realize you lied on your original forms. I advise you to speak to a lawyer before filing anything.

If indeed you were already married with kids when you processed you DV case and you claimed to be single, I'm afraid your case is toast! There's no way they can now benefit from your selection. But you may still want to contact an immigration lawyer highly knowledgeable in DV cases.

However, if that's not the case, you cannot process follow-to-join for them now, your DV fiscal year is long over. You will need to begin by filing an I-130 f0r them