• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2014 Lottery. Age 21 Issue.

how I can check my status in CEAC folks.
I chose "Immigration Visa" and after I enter my Cn and the system keep saying "Invalid Immigrant Visa Case Number"
what I am doing wrong?

If you are not current yet ! It will not show my friend.

I am current vladek, just checked on Ceac as well taking of the zeros fro Cn as Deutmark said.
grazie duetmark btw

hi mate!
If u remember, my 21 y.o. daughter is safe due the CSPA for just 6 days (thanks britsimon and other frds for helping me with calculation)
We received the 2NL, and her name is included.
We are also in the CEAC (see image), me my wife and my daughter too.
What u think, it's all ok ?
Did they already check, or there will be a red flag in the documents sent to the consulate ?
Thanks...

http://i61.tinypic.com/25jl1c8.jpg

KCC just process what they receive. They do not make decisions on who is or isn't eligible for the interview. So you still need to ensure you can back up your case under CSPA.

KCC just process what they receive. They do not make decisions on who is or isn't eligible for the interview. So you still need to ensure you can back up your case under CSPA.

Thanks, susie.
The data in the ceac are inputted by U.S. Department of State (Status Updated Date: xx-Mar-2014 )
The visa status is "ready", for all the family, so we are elegible for the interview (still scheduled, we received the 2NL), but maybe we could have problem at the interview.
It's what you mean, susie ?
In any case, I've read tons of documents regarding our case, I've done the calculation by myself and with internet's tools (around 10 billions time....), I'm sure we are ok.
The problem could be if the CO is not aware of the matter and how to make the calculations.
Could it happens ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, susie.
The data in the ceac are inputted by U.S. Department of State (Status Updated Date: xx-Mar-2014 )
The visa status is "ready", for all the family, so we are elegible for the interview (still scheduled, we received the 2NL), but maybe we could have problem at the interview.
In any case, I've read tons of documents regarding our case, I've done the calculation by myself and with internet's tools (around 10 billions time....), I'm sure we are ok.
The problem could be if the CO is not aware of the matter and how to make the calculations.
Could it happens ?

And who inputs the data in ceac ?
I mean,

The one that puts the data on the ceac is the embassy its self.
Now doesn't mean you appear on the system than you are automaticaly eligible unfortunatly !
Look at aldoblack he's also current and he's on the system, but he aged out ! And he is not gonna make it :(
That's why you must still provide your calculations to the CO.
And I'm sure your daughter will be ok :)

hi mate!
If u remember, my 21 y.o. daughter is safe due the CSPA for just 6 days (thanks britsimon and other frds for helping me with calculation)
We received the 2NL, and her name is included.
We are also in the CEAC (see image), me my wife and my daughter too.
What u think, it's all ok ?
Did they already check, or there will be a red flag in the documents sent to the consulate ?
Thanks...

http://i61.tinypic.com/25jl1c8.jpg

Please refer this and establish your opinion, it was revised in 2011,It also considers DV. No body is a CO.
http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gre...otection-act/child-status-protection-act-cspa

Does the 21 rule apply on a only main winner. Im 20 but my birthday is on august and my case is high eu43xxx and my interview could be in the month of semptember ,does this year issue make me trouble ?

Does the 21 rule apply on a only main winner. Im 20 but my birthday is on august and my case is high eu43xxx and my interview could be in the month of semptember ,does this year issue make me trouble ?

It applies on the children of the principal winner.

Thanks, susie.
Could it happens ?

Could the CO be unaware of how to do the calculation - yes - that is possible. It is very important that you take printed information about the CSPA, and if I were you I would take the calculation also. The CO can make a final decision (sometimes wrongly) and the decision is binding - very difficult to reverse, so if it seems they are not sure about the calculation you must give them the information they need to make sure they do it right and if needed (if it seems they are going to make the wrong decision) push to be put on AP while they investigate it.

The one that puts the data on the ceac is the embassy its self.
Now doesn't mean you appear on the system than you are automaticaly eligible unfortunatly !
Look at aldoblack he's also current and he's on the system, but he aged out ! And he is not gonna make it :(
That's why you must still provide your calculations to the CO.
And I'm sure your daughter will be ok :)

Yeah. My name is on 2nd NL. But I think that they will tell me if I'm eligible or not in the interview date. They will decline my visa because I've aged out. I think so. This is my opinion.

CORRECTION: I just checked ceac and for interview are only 3 persons. Logicaly my father, my mother and my little brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. My name is on 2nd NL. But I think that they will tell me if I'm eligible or not in the interview date. They will decline my visa because I've aged out. I think so. This is my opinion.

CORRECTION: I just checked ceac and for interview are only 3 persons. Logicaly my father, my mother and my little brother.

So kcc didn't disqualify you on the 2nl!
Its probably the embassy that did it.
Thanks for updating us aldo.

Thanks, susie.
Could it happens ?

Yes what I mean is, KCC does not make any decisions as to who is or isn't eligible for a visa. If they spot a problem or possible problem they will flag the application, but they do not have the authority to refuse a visa. So they will issue a 2NL for everyone that is listed on the application and for whom forms have been sent in. (Actually - I think if the principal has sent forms in they will list derivatives even if their forms are not in - but that's irrelevant to your case anyway.) The point is that even if KCC sees a glaring problem - aged out, wrong country of chargeability, doesn't meet minimum education/work requirement - they do not have the authority to do anything about it, they will just flag the file.

So as britsimon says, make sure you have your supporting evidence :) But I am sure you will be fine, good luck!

So as britsimon says, make sure you have your supporting evidence :) But I am sure you will be fine, good luck!

Sure!
I've prepared a big dossier :)
but now I am very optimistic that there will be no problems, according to Aldo's story.
He received the 2NL with all names (the KCC did it), but his name is not in the CEAC list (the consulate has found a problem, aged out)
We received the 2NL AND in the CEAC data we are all in, so I guess the consulate did the calculation, with right results.
Ok, are different consulate, albania and italy....maybe different procedures...
But I'm prepared with evidences and calculations, so I'm confident.

P.S. In Gettysburg I've read the following sentence in a marble memorial plaque
"I put my faith in God, but I was careful to keep the powder dry"

Means that deutmark's history was the same as mine. It means the most important thing for a frozen age is about to be current. Right? Our case was current on February and my son's frozen age expiration date is 8August. We passed interview and now waiting for AP. So no need to worry about when his visa is issued or if he passes his frozen age , right? Now all the chances we have is up to 9/30? Is that all?

Means that deutmark's history was the same as mine. It means the most important thing for a frozen age is about to be current. Right? Our case was current on February and my son's frozen age expiration date is 8August. We passed interview and now waiting for AP. So no need to worry about when his visa is issued or if he passes his frozen age , right? Now all the chances we have is up to 9/30? Is that all?

It DOES matter. You started a thread earlier, nagged at people to answer, and appear to have ignored mom's response in post #7 of that thread. Here is the link in case you forgot where you posted: http://forums.immigration.com/threads/what-if-a-frozen-age-expires.331243/
You ask apologies in that thread for ignoring past responses, yet you've just done exactly the same thing again...within the space of a day. I realize the response isn't what you want to hear, but that doesn't change it.

Last edited: