• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
CN: 2014AF000085XX
1st NL: 10 MAY 2013
SENT FORMS TO KCC VIA Posta : 28 July 2013
CONFIRMATION AFTER I SENT AN EMAIL: 14TH JUNE
2nd NL: Nov 20th 2013
MEDICALS: 30th and 31st Jan 2013
INTERVIEW: successful (16th Jan)
POE: California
Live: Southfield ,Michigan

Mine is thank the almighty God for helping me to overcome the difficult , stressful and humiliation journey to be accepted to live in US and start the 5 years to be come citizen ,but i end up being a winner.Also thankful for those who encourage me Family123,Olelenke,Okellos,Partias and many more.
I started my Journey on 5th march through British airways( IOM) and arrive at Chicago then Detroit airport on 6th march pm and pm respectively (9 hours +)it cheaper and accurate in takeoff and landing.

I have applied for social security,my two daughters age 4 and 11 years have started schooling. Thank to my Host.I advice those already plan to immigrate to learn and start driving test use this link http://driving-tests.org/ start early Currently preparing for drivers test once i receive social security .

here in US Live is good ,beautiful,clean and discipline .Everything is to learning and do state exam.So far so good.

Thank God for a journey mercy.Were you humiliated at the airport or what?

CN: 2014AF000085XX
1st NL: 10 MAY 2013
SENT FORMS TO KCC VIA Posta : 28 July 2013
CONFIRMATION AFTER I SENT AN EMAIL: 14TH JUNE
2nd NL: Nov 20th 2013
MEDICALS: 30th and 31st Jan 2013
INTERVIEW: successful (16th Jan)
POE: California
Live: Southfield ,Michigan

Mine is thank the almighty God for helping me to overcome the difficult , stressful and humiliation journey to be accepted to live in US and start the 5 years to be come citizen ,but i end up being a winner.Also thankful for those who encourage me Family123,Olelenke,Okellos,Partias and many more.
I started my Journey on 5th march through British airways( IOM) and arrive at Chicago then Detroit airport on 6th march pm and pm respectively (9 hours +)it cheaper and accurate in takeoff and landing.

I have applied for social security,my two daughters age 4 and 11 years have started schooling. Thank to my Host.I advice those already plan to immigrate to learn and start driving test use this link http://driving-tests.org/ start early Currently preparing for drivers test once i receive social security .

here in US Live is good ,beautiful,clean and discipline .Everything is to learning and do state exam.So far so good.

Thank God for a journey mercy.Were you humiliated at the airport or what?

Glad to hear that!!! Now once you settle in USA. Identify a local church you will be a member of. Speak to the Pastor/rev. about you volunteering as a part time cleaner and using the church as a reference of you cleaning services. This will be part of your reference point if you encounter someone who may want a reference of your work. Or the one question do you have a cleaning experience??? you can refer to your church....one thing I discovered was working in the house of God comes with its own blessings!!!! Or alternatively you can volunteer with one of the many local charity organizations as a part time cleaner who can be your reference point.....hope it works out for you it did work out for me!!!! all the best....buddy

I don't have any cleaning experience but I will do as you said.I can start with the church or join a local charity organization.Thanks for this idea.I hope and pray it works.

Well booking won't do much harm...it is just a booking which will eventually get kicked out of the system in a couple of days...hehe

Hey guys, am kind of considering using klm offer which is available till 24th March 2014 to do my booking. Fear is that you dont sail through the interview and are placed on AP. But those deals are supper good. $1200 - $1800 return to most states!! one way is abit higher and would therefore prefer using IOM deal.

What are your thoughts?

Hey guys, sorry been abit mia. trying to focus on other things as well to make the time pass faster and it helps me feel the journey is slightly shorter. @Beth02 wow congrats you have made it to the other end!!May The Almighty be with you and your young ones
@Nairobba glad you had a detour in London, am jealous abit.
@Beth02 and Nairobba By the way how much were you charged for the flight and was it through IOM?

@Family2133 and DV2014 UG crew that met up for the farewell am touched at the solidarity may it be so with the rest of us in our countries.

To all the new members welcome and stay in touch

To the alumnis of DV2013 and DV2012 that drop by and give us advise like @Nickelly and the rest be blessed may God continue to open your doors and flood you with blessings in abundance.

By the way am also abit obsessed about weather simply because am already so used to hot and humid weather here in Mombasa, if I can get a similar weather the better but if not I shall get used to it. Lucky for me I hear Sandiego California has very good weather am buzzing!!!

LLDV2014(LongLiveDV2014group)

Hey guys, am kind of considering using klm offer which is available till 24th March 2014 to do my booking. Fear is that you dont sail through the interview and are placed on AP. But those deals are supper good. $1200 - $1800 return to most states!! one way is abit higher and would therefore prefer using IOM deal.

What are your thoughts?

I think the IOM deal is way better cz its cheaper and will save you lots of money, considering you really need to save alot as you head to start a fresh life else where, but as Jonge had advised earlier there is no harm in booking :)

Vipi geemot, umepotea tena baada ya we kutokelezea. i passed by and dropped a msg in ur inbox. Otherwise lets wait patiently and pray hard that we become currrent soon

Hehehe kupotea si kwa ubaya. I've gotten your inbox :) mimi niko area kama bacteria, def praying to be current and also hoping for a bigger leap this coming month

Hi e-fam,i can see we are still growing,all new members you are welcome.Congrats to all those that received their 2nd nl,Kaia n aimanda I hope you don't have your interviews far apart so that you can keep each other company in Nairobi ,guys with high case numbers I know it's not easy but pliz wait upon The Lord and he will fulfill your desires.

Thank you Partitas, we appreciate your warm welcome, guys here are family, am soo proud to be part of this group :)

Good to hear you are in Mombasa....Akello is there too so you can link up. You two may go current together.... Me am 58 km up north in Kilifi...I am hoping come the month of May I will be heading back home to Nai to start preparing for Aug/Sep...may be we will meet before then...Cheers!!

Hey guys, sorry been abit mia. trying to focus on other things as well to make the time pass faster and it helps me feel the journey is slightly shorter. @Beth02 wow congrats you have made it to the other end!!May The Almighty be with you and your young ones
@Nairobba glad you had a detour in London, am jealous abit.
@Beth02 and Nairobba By the way how much were you charged for the flight and was it through IOM?

@Family2133 and DV2014 UG crew that met up for the farewell am touched at the solidarity may it be so with the rest of us in our countries.

To all the new members welcome and stay in touch

To the alumnis of DV2013 and DV2012 that drop by and give us advise like @Nickelly and the rest be blessed may God continue to open your doors and flood you with blessings in abundance.

By the way am also abit obsessed about weather simply because am already so used to hot and humid weather here in Mombasa, if I can get a similar weather the better but if not I shall get used to it. Lucky for me I hear Sandiego California has very good weather am buzzing!!!

LLDV2014(LongLiveDV2014group)

Amen to that Bro....Cheers

morning ya all glad to be among the blessed fellows of this thread i believe that everyone of us will receive his /her miracle soon you just need to have faith and trust our mighty lord that everyone has a reason for been picked ,beth and family may you be blessed as you settle in you new life ,folks always remember God loves you and be blessed

Today devotion

Acts 2;25-26

David said about him:

“‘I saw the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest in hope,

Remember GOD loves you be blessed

Hehehhhee-he!! I can see you are really exercising your taste buds....That's why above your waistband the extra kgs are clinging on:)...There was a Chinese buffet Restaurant my wife once told me, they used to go eat till they couldn't walk NO more for $5....well I'll come track it down if it still exists... may be we can eat our hearts out.....I know the Chipotle owner dude. He was once featured on CNBC, his Restaurants are taking over every street corner in states....would love to try some burritos etc...At least I had done TGIFridays in Europe...All the best buddy!!! with food experiments hope you don't run out of pocket money....:cool: will PM you my conyacts....Laters

haha yeah man am young for w'ever am following the proceedings from this side of the pond. We've been eating at Chipotle(which oscof is a Mexican restaurant) and TGIFridays; and yesterday we went to a Farmer's Market to look for kienyeji chicken, so am pretty ok with the food here. By the time you'll be landing here I'll be a kamjuaji so I gatchu covered big homie.hehe

Hehehhhee-he!! I can see you are really exercising your taste buds....That's why above your waistband the extra kgs are clinging on:)...There was a Chinese buffet Restaurant my wife once told me, they used to go eat till they couldn't walk NO more for $5....well I'll come track it down if it still exists... may be we can eat our hearts out.....I know the Chipotle owner dude. He was once featured on CNBC, his Restaurants are taking over every street corner in states....would love to try some burritos etc...At least I had done TGIFridays in Europe...All the best buddy!!! with food experiments hope you don't run out of pocket money....:cool: will PM you my conyacts....Laters

One of my greatest nightmares is the ability to cope not only with the weather and adaptation-FOOD IS SCARY (I love African dishes especially mine so badly)

Food is scary....True!! well your african food will be available if you live near west african shops, pakistani, indian or some Jamaican shops. In Europe some supermarkets had a world food section...you could get african, indian etc food stuff. Anyone who has come across this in US supermarkets???. Eating healthy is expensive abroad....especially what they call Organic.... You will mostly likely eat GMO and Corn/extracts made Products. You will just have to cope, gaining some weight is almost guaranteed unless your body metabolism is special...Just develop a body exercising routine....when you land there!!!

One of my greatest nightmares is the ability to cope not only with the weather and adaptation-FOOD IS SCARY (I love African dishes especially mine so badly)

Always trust in the lord..

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus..

Have a blessed day,all the best to those who received the 2nd Letter,and for us back benchers be encouraged by the above verse.

Gdday to you all.

Not to worry so much, you will find food from your home country even if its a bit expensive, and fresh food from farmers market. I loved fried ripe bananas the last time i was in Djeuga Palace Yaounde.

Many many thanks & much gratitude to all guys in this forum for your prompt contributions. I personally will like to give thumbs up to Jonge, Mush & Jorj.

I will like the input of the following:-

Is there any problem if you present to a CO a police certificate (certificate of good conduct) and a sworn affidavit of names that's more than 6 mths old frm the date of issue?

Lastly as regards a sworn affidavit of names, which one is mostly preferred by COs between one that originates & bears a seal of a registered & authorized commissioner for oaths or from a seal of any high court signed by a Magistrate.

Not to worry so much, you will find food from your home country even if its a bit expensive, and fresh food from farmers market. I loved fried ripe bananas the last time i was in Djeuga Palace Yaounde.

Yeah
but not all there are certain dishes like 'water fufu and eru" which i dont think one can find if only u ve heard about it. No doubt it is ther but the eru is dried which does not taste thesame. Yeah fired ripe plantain we call it 'dodo' is pretty nice especially with roasted fish
Thx so much Akelloh for the comforting message
Gud day folks

Status
Not open for further replies.