• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
hallo folks still counting days to the next bulletins keep the faith and remember GOD loves you be blessed

Todays devotion

John 15;4-7

Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Remember God loves you your miracle is on your way

Amen...the next VB is less than 3 weeks away...expect a jump of more than 7,900.

hallo folks still counting days to the next bulletins keep the faith and remember GOD loves you be blessed

Todays devotion

John 15;4-7

Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Amen...the next VB is less than 3 weeks away...expect a jump of more than 7,900.

Amen Bro!!!

Todays devotion

John 15;4-7

Idea

For those already jetting out or have already done so. I have an idea that can keep you busy as you settle down and hustle for a job. (subject to state rules and laws apply) As you are allowed to start your own business (subject to rules and regulations) use Small Business Administration www.sba.gov for guidance...... I was thinking if you don't mind getting your hands dirty to get some cash as you job hunt or applying for college and stuff. If you have like 200 or so dollars, you can register a cleaning company....Research in your state if you can immediately do so when you receive your SSN. Start by designing a flyer using one of the free online design tools(here are a few samples.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cle...avygPPlYLADQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=667).
Print them off from your hosts printer or have them professionally done for a few dollars. Advertise your services in local websites like www.craigslist.org under household services.... I think it should be free. Don't forget to include some offer on the prices etc....eg 25% off on the first job, this guys love a bargain!!!! you should see how the fight it out on BLACK FRIDAY.....just google black friday shopping and view the images.

By a second hand vacuum cleaner and some cleaning detergents. Start with your local community to distribute the flyers. Look up for house agents around your town/city drop the flyers with them. Ask them to give you a call when someone moves out of a condo, house etc. to go clean it up for the next tenant moving in. Look for areas where the pensioners/senior citizens leave, busy moms, professionals etc. Try local kindergartens but probably they may want a criminal background check on you first. If you don't get a call the first week don't despair make some more the following week repeat the same after a while at least a call will come through at some point...or buy the cleaning stuffs when calls start to come in.

Secondly with the spring/summer season kicking in some folks will love to see their gardens blooming with flowers, grass trimmed, hedges trimmed if they have some. If you are skilled in those areas from agriculture lessons in primary and secondary, then you can try them. I am sure you can rent a grass trimmer locally if you can't afford a second hand one. This jobs kept me busy during summer seasons as a student. Do some more research if interested as this will surely keep you off the sofa. I can confidently say I saw a friend of mine start by cleaning just one house and later on going to owning a cleaning company with 10 staffs with his own cleaning vans. It was not easy but they finally got there....Check if your earnings are taxable by your state..I think if you earned less than .....you might not have to pay tax but confirm. Once you get your day job remember to close down..... the company just let them know it is inactive.

Hope this may work out for someone here...:):):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
CN: 2014AF000085XX
1st NL: 10 MAY 2013
SENT FORMS TO KCC VIA Posta : 28 July 2013
CONFIRMATION AFTER I SENT AN EMAIL: 14TH JUNE
2nd NL: Nov 20th 2013
MEDICALS: 30th and 31st Jan 2013
INTERVIEW: successful (16th Jan)
POE: California
Live: Southfield ,Michigan

Mine is thank the almighty God for helping me to overcome the difficult , stressful and humiliation journey to be accepted to live in US and start the 5 years to be come citizen ,but i end up being a winner.Also thankful for those who encourage me Family123,Olelenke,Okellos,Partias and many more.
I started my Journey on 5th march through British airways( IOM) and arrive at Chicago then Detroit airport on 6th march pm and pm respectively (9 hours +)it cheaper and accurate in takeoff and landing.

I have applied for social security,my two daughters age 4 and 11 years have started schooling. Thank to my Host.I advice those already plan to immigrate to learn and start driving test use this link http://driving-tests.org/ start early Currently preparing for drivers test once i receive social security .

here in US Live is good ,beautiful,clean and discipline .Everything is to learning and do state exam.So far so good.

THANKS FOR SUNDAY

I would like to take this moment to thank;
KAIAUG and hubby
FAMILY and wife
4TURYA
MACU
ARNOLD
PENNY
DAISY
TONY
BRIAN
for honoring my invite for lunch on Sunday 16th March, as we gave glory to the lord for all the favors HE bestows on us everyday. We had a blast as we prayed for 4turya, family and Brian to have a safe journey to the US. This kind of unity and cooperation is what we need and together we all achieve more. This was some sort of eve into the "OKLAHOMA CONVENTION"

Thanks once again

CN: 2014AF000085XX
1st NL: 10 MAY 2013
SENT FORMS TO KCC VIA Posta : 28 July 2013
CONFIRMATION AFTER I SENT AN EMAIL: 14TH JUNE
2nd NL: Nov 20th 2013
MEDICALS: 30th and 31st Jan 2013
INTERVIEW: successful (16th Jan)
POE: California
Live: Southfield ,Michigan

Mine is thank the almighty God for helping me to overcome the difficult , stressful and humiliation journey to be accepted to live in US and start the 5 years to be come citizen ,but i end up being a winner.Also thankful for those who encourage me Family123,Olelenke,Okellos,Partias and many more.
I started my Journey on 5th march through British airways( IOM) and arrive at Chicago then Detroit airport on 6th march pm and pm respectively (9 hours +)it cheaper and accurate in takeoff and landing.

I have applied for social security,my two daughters age 4 and 11 years have started schooling. Thank to my Host.I advice those already plan to immigrate to learn and start driving test use this link http://driving-tests.org/ start early Currently preparing for drivers test once i receive social security .

here in US Live is good ,beautiful,clean and discipline .Everything is to learning and do state exam.So far so good.

THANKS FOR SUNDAY

KAIAUG and hubby
FAMILY and wife
4TURYA
MACU
ARNOLD
PENNY
DAISY
TONY
BRIAN
for honoring my invite for lunch on Sunday 16th March, as we gave glory to the lord for all the favors HE bestows on us everyday. We had a blast as we prayed for 4turya, family and Brian to have a safe journey to the US. This kind of unity and cooperation is what we need and together we all achieve more. This was some sort of eve into the "OKLAHOMA CONVENTION"

Thanks once again

Good to here You arrived safely......now start scouting for good places to eat and lovely menus the first meal will be on you...ama!!!!! and not McDonald's etc when I land there...are you in contact with your man Olelenku???? he has vanished in thin air since he got over there.....

haha yeah man am young for w'ever am following the proceedings from this side of the pond. We've been eating at Chipotle(which oscof is a Mexican restaurant) and TGIFridays; and yesterday we went to a Farmer's Market to look for kienyeji chicken, so am pretty ok with the food here. By the time you'll be landing here I'll be a kamjuaji so I gatchu covered big homie.hehe

THANKS FOR SUNDAY

KAIAUG and hubby
FAMILY and wife
4TURYA
MACU
ARNOLD
PENNY
DAISY
TONY
BRIAN

Thanks once again

Nice stuff...I missed out but will certainly make it for the Oklahoma convention. Thanks for organising this Mutu14

For those already jetting out or have already done so. I have an idea that can keep you busy as you settle down and hustle for a job. (subject to state rules and laws apply) As you are allowed to start your own business (subject to rules and regulations) use Small Business Administration www.sba.gov for guidance...... I was thinking if you don't mind getting your hands dirty to get some cash as you job hunt or applying for college and stuff. If you have like 200 or so dollars, you can register a cleaning company....Research in your state if you can immediately do so when you receive your SSN. Start by designing a flyer using one of the free online design tools(here are a few samples.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cle...avygPPlYLADQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=667).
Print them off from your hosts printer or have them professionally done for a few dollars. Advertise your services in local websites like www.craigslist.org under household services.... I think it should be free. Don't forget to include some offer on the prices etc....eg 25% off on the first job, this guys love a bargain!!!! you should see how the fight it out on BLACK FRIDAY.....just google black friday shopping and view the images.

By a second hand vacuum cleaner and some cleaning detergents. Start with your local community to distribute the flyers. Look up for house agents around your town/city drop the flyers with them. Ask them to give you a call when someone moves out of a condo, house etc. to go clean it up for the next tenant moving in. Look for areas where the pensioners/senior citizens live, busy moms, professionals etc. Try local kindergartens but probably they may want a criminal background check on you first. If you don't get a call the first week don't despair make some more the following week repeat the same after a while at least a call will come through at some point...or buy the cleaning stuffs when calls start to come in.

Secondly with the spring/summer season kicking in some folks will love to see their gardens blooming with flowers, grass trimmed, hedges trimmed if they have some. If you are skilled in those areas from agriculture lessons in primary and secondary, then you can try them. I am sure you can rent a grass trimmer locally if you can't afford a second hand one. This jobs kept me busy during summer seasons as a student. Do some more research if interested as this will surely keep you off the sofa. I can confidently say I saw a friend of mine start by cleaning just one house and later on going to owning a cleaning company with 10 staffs with his own cleaning vans. It was not easy but they finally got there....Check if your earnings are taxable by your state..I think if you earned less than .....you might not have to pay tax but confirm. Once you get your day job remember to close down..... the company just let them down it is inactive.

Hope this may work out for someone here...:):):):)

Thanks for this beautiful idea,I will try it when I get there.

Nop, it ain't too late for him
He can still send the forms and hope to be current in Sept.
All the best to him.
How's USA Nesh?
Thanks Jorj!
US of A is cool...in Baltimore so much snow i hope its the last of itand soon we begin the spring!I came and went to school with my wife so we go to school full time and work weekends!We cant complain..this place is so cool.The US government has spent over $50k on our education already....we love this place!!def living the American dream already and its just one year!

Reference

Glad to hear that!!! Now once you settle in USA. Identify a local church you will be a member of. Speak to the Pastor/rev. about you volunteering as a part time cleaner and using the church as a reference of you cleaning services. This will be part of your reference point if you encounter someone who may want a reference of your work. Or the one question do you have a cleaning experience??? you can refer to your church....one thing I discovered was working in the house of God comes with its own blessings!!!! Or alternatively you can volunteer with one of the many local charity organizations as a part time cleaner who can be your reference point.....hope it works out for you it did work out for me!!!! all the best....buddy

Thanks for this beautiful idea,I will try it when I get there.

Thanks Jorj!
US of A is cool...in Baltimore so much snow i hope its the last of itand soon we begin the spring!I came and went to school with my wife so we go to school full time and work weekends!We cant complain..this place is so cool.The US government has spent over $50k on our education already....we love this place!!def living the American dream already and its just one year!

Nakucheki tu fb...
Can't wait to get there. I've sent yu a friend request on fb. Say hi to Mrs. Munene.
All the best my frnd, workhard...Tuko nyuma tunapack!!

Beth all the best, glad yu made it safe.
On the driving part I guess I'm squared kidogo with a California driving mobile app. I guess it will help for now.
The app has California's drivers handbook with alot of questions that might be asked...
I'd urge fellow members to download a driving app of their respective state

morning ya all glad to be among the blessed fellows of this thread i believe that everyone of us will receive his /her miracle soon you just need to have faith and trust our mighty lord that everyone has a reason for been picked ,beth and family may you be blessed as you settle in you new life ,folks always remember God loves you and be blessed

Today devotion

Acts 2;25-26

David said about him:

“‘I saw the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest in hope,

Remember GOD loves you be blessed

Status
Not open for further replies.