• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mountain moving faith. One day some day i will tell my DV2009 story here, just so i share some lessons in faith and staying the course-never quitting/giving up. KAIA you already know this story but please dont tell it yet!

I also know it but I promise I will not tell, but am afraid KaiaUG may hmmmm:eek:

Thanks Utamaduni, I am not relocating now,I only booked our flight for 14th of April.I decided to book now in order to pay a cheaper fare.You know the earlier you book,the cheaper the fare.

True, that is why I also booked a month earlier, by now the fare on my departure day has increased by almost half of what I paid.

Hello everyone,

I have a few relatives that were selected for further processing and we submitted the required documents in June, 2013 but haven't heard back up to now. Each time we write to KCC they refer us to the visa bulletin for the numbers that are being processed. But honestly, I don't know how to interpret the information in the bulletin. I am not sure if there's anywhere it shows the current numbers being processed. If so, please guide me on how to get this information from the bulletin. Much appreciate your time.

Good luck to everyone who's up for the interview....just be yourself out there and always keep eye contact with the interviewer.
I got mine in 2011 and moved in 2012.

You need to write to KCC and inquire whether they successfully received your forms, if they reply that they received them, then relax any time they will post a second notification letter on the website where you first checked to know that you had been selected.
About the visa bulletin, look at the cut off number for the month, for example if they say that the cut off number for Africa for the month of April is 40000, all numbers equal or less than that figure a due for their interview at their local embassies and that's what they call a case to be current. Once your case number is current, you need to start checking the Status Check website(where you checked when they selected you) and see whether they have posted a 2nd letter notifying you of the interview date, the consulate, the principal applicant and the derivatives etc.
Good luck

Wages
The minimum wage is $ 7.25 per hour. If you are qualified your good,but it depends on what type of job. Health care they pay well like $8. for starters. If you have CNA certification some states they pay well. If you have dependents like children your tax is minimal. House rent differs and its according to which state you go. those who have children in middle school,embrace fashion,shoes and clothing matters,welcome to America. Pay day is on weekly basis on Mondays, people here have bills, car insurance,internet,TV,water and Electricity etc,so job Lazima(its no bed of Roses)training a must.

Thanks Nick for giving us an insight of what is there.
Is it possible for a starter to save between $170 - 200$ a week.

Hello everyone,

I have a few relatives that were selected for further processing and we submitted the required documents in June, 2013 but haven't heard back up to now. Each time we write to KCC they refer us to the visa bulletin for the numbers that are being processed. But honestly, I don't know how to interpret the information in the bulletin. I am not sure if there's anywhere it shows the current numbers being processed. If so, please guide me on how to get this information from the bulletin. Much appreciate your time.

Good luck to everyone who's up for the interview....just be yourself out there and always keep eye contact with the interviewer.
I got mine in 2011 and moved in 2012.

Can your tell us their Case Number,so as to tell you when you are likely to be current or expect your 2NL.

hallo folks lets keep the faith and worry not cz our lovely lord is with us till the end,remember God n loves us and be blessed folks

Today devotion

John 13:1

Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

be blessed mates and remember your miracle is coming and believe and keep the faith ,yes God loves you

Thanks Nick, how is life in Texas, I have hopes of relocating there after I have settled, I have a feeling that its a better state than Oklahoma and also considering that the two states are neighbors.
DALLAS IS DEVELOPED CITY. jobs are available. some areas are very cold so with time you will make a decision:p

Good day my E-family,I believe we are all doing great.I noticed majority of the house are going to Texas,Dallas and New york and i have not seen anybody going my destination, North Carolina.It seems I'm the only heading that state.If there is any one moving down to Charlotte; North Carolina, please wave in here or identify yourself so as to mingle.

hallo folks lets keep the faith and worry not cz our lovely lord is with us till the end,remember God n loves us and be blessed folks

Today devotion

John 13:1

Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

be blessed mates and remember your miracle is coming and believe and keep the faith ,yes God loves you

Hi Akelloh,

thanks for the message and for encouraging folks as most of us expected the great limp in the DV. But when you actually analyze it, this has been the biggest jump this fiscal year. So it is not as bad and this implies it can only get bigger...

Confirmed for Oklahoma big party
1.Skatche
2.Anold
3.Aleki
4.Ormania
5.Samolaniyi
6.JONGE
7.Utamaduni
8.Isaacus
9.Pose
10.Partitas
11.Nairobba
12.4Turya
13.Mutu14
14.Hamniwes
15.KaiaUG

Kale Family2133; ojja kufuna obuzibu! Forum mates, this simply means that he'll be in trouble!

Lift off tonight @2340...am now on helter skelters till then.wish me luck my family; y'all have been so supportive through this tough month for me. Love every single one o y'all.
Aimanda7;Kaia...2NL not yet?

Lift off tonight @2340...am now on helter skelters till then.wish me luck my family; y'all have been so supportive through this tough month for me. Love every single one o y'all.

Safe journey my brother Nairobba, the forum will miss you as long as you ll be not active here on the forum , it means before settling.
About 2nl, we re still waiting and we hope on friday or monday it will be our turn to count down.

Good day my E-family,I believe we are all doing great.I noticed majority of the house are going to Texas,Dallas and New york and i have not seen anybody going my destination, North Carolina.It seems I'm the only heading that state.If there is any one moving down to Charlotte; North Carolina, please wave in here or identify yourself so as to mingle.

We are in the same boat Sam, I have not seen any one heading to Oklahoma, the good thing many will visit Oklahoma for the party may be they will like it.
Did you receive your passport from DHL?

I came up with a list of people I am about to miss and Nairobba is on the list. I wish you a safe landing, do not forget to share the experience. I do not have your private email address????

Last edited by a moderator:
We are in the same boat Sam, I have not seen any one heading to Oklahoma, the good thing many will visit Oklahoma for the party may be they will like it.
Did you receive your passport from DHL?

All the best Nairobba. We also believe our turns will also come :) :)

The same case for me heading to Chicago, Illinois, any one out there?

We are planning a wedding in 2015 with my fiancé. That means il have to come back next year for the wedding. Is it easier to relocate with your spouse to the US after the wedding? If not what are the challenges?

police certificate

Hi forum mates,
My name is Nicy,and I hv been following the forum as a dormant member.I read something about the guy who lived and studied in India and Tanzania and he was asking about the police certificates.I think I have the same problem too,my CN is 2014AF***620*5,I'm a Kenyan,but I stayed in Uganda for 5years,while in school,i think my issue is the same as the one for india & Tz..what is your opinion?,,,can any Ugandan know if I can get the Police cert from the Ugandan Embassy in Kenya or Do I have to travel to Uganda?and how much and how long does it take to get the cert?

Thank you and God bless you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.