• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost added my name then I remembered that I need to ask for permission, lol! Pray for me... Am sure we would come together... The number is growing day and night!
My brother Aimanda; I don't see you on the list. You know I wont put my name before you since you are older, lol!

KaiaUg my sis, before I register the organizer has to allow me this people to attend the party: my brother in law and children + his wife who is my sister KaiaUg,+ her sister in law who is my wife and me of course. If yes please organizer add me to the list.

welcome!!! GeeMot to the forum of winners and miracles......nice to have you in the forum....share any questions/concerns you may have and i am sure someone will try their best to help you out...cheers

Am a new kid on the block, I've been a spectator for quite a while, glad at what you guys are doing sharing information. Hope to make friends :)

Yes family2133.. hehehe I used to know a bit of Luganda back then. I even had a Luganda/english dictionary/translator when I used to Visit Kampala but the word Kulemerako!!... in english escapes my mind.... kindly share.... cheers

In Uganda this is what we call "Kulemerako"

Mountain moving faith. One day some day i will tell my DV2009 story here, just so i share some lessons in faith and staying the course-never quitting/giving up. KAIA you already know this story but please dont tell it yet!
Now that's Faith! And there's pow er in the spoken word! We take it!

KaiaUg my sis, before I register the organizer has to allow me this people to attend the party: my brother in law and children + his wife who is my sister KaiaUg,+ her sister in law who is my wife and me of course. If yes please organizer add me to the list.

Baa, you want to finish the large portion of the food.I will not allow that to happen.lol

All the best as you relocate...keep in touch and kindly share your experiences...I pray for journey mercies....cheers

Thanks Utamaduni, I am not relocating now,I only booked our flight for 14th of April.I decided to book now in order to pay a cheaper fare.You know the earlier you book,the cheaper the fare.

Visa Bulletin

Hello everyone,

I have a few relatives that were selected for further processing and we submitted the required documents in June, 2013 but haven't heard back up to now. Each time we write to KCC they refer us to the visa bulletin for the numbers that are being processed. But honestly, I don't know how to interpret the information in the bulletin. I am not sure if there's anywhere it shows the current numbers being processed. If so, please guide me on how to get this information from the bulletin. Much appreciate your time.

Good luck to everyone who's up for the interview....just be yourself out there and always keep eye contact with the interviewer.
I got mine in 2011 and moved in 2012.

Hello everyone,

I have a few relatives that were selected for further processing and we submitted the required documents in June, 2013 but haven't heard back up to now. Each time we write to KCC they refer us to the visa bulletin for the numbers that are being processed. But honestly, I don't know how to interpret the information in the bulletin. I am not sure if there's anywhere it shows the current numbers being processed. If so, please guide me on how to get this information from the bulletin. Much appreciate your time.

Good luck to everyone who's up for the interview....just be yourself out there and always keep eye contact with the interviewer.
I got mine in 2011 and moved in 2012.

Hi XKyova,

interpreting the cut-off numbers at first can be rather confusing. As you might be aware, 50,000 visa's are available for the Diversity Visa program. These visa's somehow have to be issued in an orderly manner to Diversity Lottery Winners. Each lottery winner is given a Case Number (CN) which is a unique number for that fiscal year. So enter cut-off number. These cut-off numbers simply state which CNs can proceed with the application for the visa at a Counselor Official at your respective American Embassy. For example the cut-off for March 2014 for the African Region is 37,900. If your Case Number is less or equal to this number, then you should be about to receive a second letter notifying you or your interview with a Counselor Official. If however it is above 37,900 then you have to wait until you become 'Current'.

I hope this helps

Guys, I have finalized with the booking. I will be leaving on 30th March with Qatar airways, my port of entry will be Chicago, then I will connect with American airline to Oklahoma - Will Rogers airport. We shall land at 23:40 hours on 31st March.

WELCOME TO AMERICA,SAFE JOURNEY.:cool:

Two pin plug in
Guys who are coming this side make sure you buy the two pin plug in adopter coz the systems:p here are different.

Wages
The minimum wage is $ 7.25 per hour. If you are qualified your good,but it depends on what type of job. Health care they pay well like $8. for starters. If you have CNA certification some states they pay well. If you have dependents like children your tax is minimal. House rent differs and its according to which state you go. those who have children in middle school,embrace fashion,shoes and clothing matters,welcome to America. Pay day is on weekly basis on Mondays, people here have bills, car insurance,internet,TV,water and Electricity etc,so job Lazima(its no bed of Roses)training a must.

Mountain moving faith. One day some day i will tell my DV2009 story here, just so i share some lessons in faith and staying the course-never quitting/giving up. KAIA you already know this story but please dont tell it yet!

You have my word Mutu14! Let these guys scratch their heads, lol! Thanks for sharing the story.

I almost added my name then I remembered that I need to ask for permission, lol! Pray for me... Am sure we would come together... The number is growing day and night!
My brother Aimanda; I don't see you on the list. You know I wont put my name before you since you are older, lol!
Confirmed for Oklahoma big party
1.Skatche
2.Anold
3.Aleki
4.Ormania
5.Samolaniyi
6.JONGE
7.Utamaduni
8.Isaacus
9.Pose
10.Partitas
11.Nairobba
12.4Turya
13.Mutu14
14.Hamniwes
15.KaiaUG

Confirmed for Oklahoma big party
1.Skatche
2.Anold
3.Aleki
4.Ormania
5.Samolaniyi
6.JONGE
7.Utamaduni
8.Isaacus
9.Pose
10.Partitas
11.Nairobba
12.4Turya
13.Mutu14
14.Hamniwes
15.KaiaUG
16.Aimanda7

Yes family2133.. hehehe I used to know a bit of Luganda back then. I even had a Luganda/english dictionary/translator when I used to Visit Kampala but the word Kulemerako!!... in english escapes my mind.... kindly share.... cheers

;) Let me task Captain JONGE, KaiaUg or Mutu14 to give us the meaning;)

Status
Not open for further replies.