• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting anxiously for the April Visa Bulletin even though i still have like 5 months to be current :D:) ever increasing hope as times passes so fast. I pray the addition will be higher this time.

Yes Christabel we pray for him and his family. Welcome back you it has been a while since I read a post from you

I am always here Pose at times not physically but spiritually (working and at thesame time going to school u know is not easy). Its difficult to forget about the DV thing no matter how hard i try to distract myself.

Christabel I tell you we have a long way to go!!how are you preparing for the big move after interview?We were discussing this the other day

Christabel I tell you we have a long way to go!!how are you preparing for the big move after interview?We were discussing this the other day

yeah the wait is long but very soon we will all be smiling. Will be doing my Passport and start my driving lessons too by the end of this month while the police thing will only be done when i am current and birth certificate too is ok (the long type). My certificates are all intact except for the one i am still doing now. So i think by April latest i will be good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pose and Christabel,

our turn will soon come...patience pays indeed in this game. Just get yourself ready for the big change. Research on the state you are planning to move too.

Nairoba, pole sana. May God be with you.

Resian keep faith and we'll pray for your success.

Godia, happy to hear from you.

Hi folks, very sad for Nairobba may God be wth yu through this bad time, so far so good as we wait for the bulletin anticipating for a big jump like 33k or 34k for those with CO next week the visas belong to yu guys AMEN

I think you may misunderstand the NACARA thing.

The actual number of visas for the DV lottery is 55,000. However, the NACARA program is given up to 5000 visas from the 55,000 allocation, leaving DV with only 50,000 if you read the DV lottery instructions. However, I said "up to" 5000 - and the numbers in my sig show that DV lottery visa issuances are going over the 50,000 number - and the way that is possible is because the NACARA program is not using the full 5,000. In fact, I think NACARA is taking only a few hundred visas - so I think DV2014 could see around 54k DV visas issued.
I actually did know about the 5k for NACARA. I asked coz the numbers for some years went beyond 50k. Didn't know they could take more than 50k for the rest of the region! That's great news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your good quiz. Before responding correctly, which country do you come from? I had my valid Kenyan DL but didnt help....the only thing it helps is to enable you go fir road test sooner b4 the required 3 months are over after passing the skills test. Its not necessary to visit SSN offices if you have no hurry to get things done but if you need to get things faster and be independent, visit them the first week to get it faster. You can't open a bank account without SSN and some US issued Photo ID. Telephone number you may get without SSN.. Ibought mine the second day

Enoo, please clean your inbox , they say that it s full and we can't send our messages to you
Thanks for your good quiz. Before responding correctly, which country do you come from? I had my valid Kenyan DL but didnt help....the only thing it helps is to enable you go fir road test sooner b4 the required 3 months are over after passing the skills test. Its not necessary to visit SSN offices if you have no hurry to get things done but if you need to get things faster and be independent, visit them the first week to get it faster. You can't open a bank account without SSN and some US issued Photo ID. Telephone number you may get without SSN.. Ibought mine the second day

my condolences goes out to nairobba,during this difficult period.
i need to update my signature but i seem not to find it,any help
will really appreciate

hey forum mate what did i miss, to all having there interview best of luck and to all planning to relocate happy for you guy as well. what happened to nairobba been trying to check all the pages but did not see anything.

Hey Feyisayo,
welkam back lol!
Nairobba lost a sibling.
hey forum mate what did i miss, to all having there interview best of luck and to all planning to relocate happy for you guy as well. what happened to nairobba been trying to check all the pages but did not see anything.

yeah the wait is long but very soon we will all be smiling. Will be doing my Passport and start my driving lessons too by the end of this month while the police thing will only be done when i am current and birth certificate too is ok (the long type). My certificates are all intact except for the one i am still doing now. So i think by April latest i will be good to go.

christabel, wow all the best in the Driving lessons and as @Enoo has told us it might not help much but I believe he said it shortens the duration you have to wait b4 taking the driving test once there.I am also prepping to register and start driving school but the interest is what is lacking :p

@JONGE yes we are just gearing up , patience is our virtue now till end of year and forever...

christabel, wow all the best in the Driving lessons and as @Enoo has told us it might not help much but I believe he said it shortens the duration you have to wait b4 taking the driving test once there.I am also prepping to register and start driving school but the interest is what is lacking :p

@JONGE yes we are just gearing up , patience is our virtue now till end of year and forever...

thanks and same to u Pose. I know the most essential thing is to know how to drive and some high way codes even without a drivers license. I believe having knowledge of it will ease one to easily go through the test over there as if one should travel with no driving idea and happens to learn for the first time and fail will be pretty expensive as it is more costly than here in Africa.
Good morning mates and Gods guidance, success, patience and protection to those going for interviews, preparing for their interviews and for us back benchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.