• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks family
For those of you preparing for your medicals, these are some of the facts
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. When you are booking via e-mail, scan and attach the passports of your family members, 2nd nl and mention the age brackets whether adult or child. Don't forget to suggest the interview date you want.
2.When you get a mail confirming that you have been booked, don't forget to reply the mail and confirm that you will make it on the day that you are scheduled.
3.Print out the letter of confirmation of your booking and your 2nd nl and go with them.
4.IOM is next door after Tara Suites in Gigiri
5.Even if you go on the first day before payment, they will work on you and pay later.
6.Ladies if you took photos with hair covering part of your forehead, they will be rejected and you will be forced to go and take new ones from village market , a place which is very expensive in everything.
7.if you have kids 2 years to 15, book either, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday, those are the days they do the TB skin tests.
8.For the guys, put in an undershot else you will strip up to you underpants for you to be examined.
9.If you have previous vaccination records, go with them, if they ask you whether you have ever suffered from chicken pox answer in positive so that you save your self from the varicella vaccine which is very expensive and so painful.
10.Kids have to get pneumonia vaccines, these can be got from gov't health facilities at no cost.
11. prepare enough money for the exercise.
12.Do not forget to share your experience after.
I wish you the best

Most definitely we'll keep them in our prayers
UPDATES FROM THE SPREADSHEET.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Up coming interviews in December 2013

Mention their names in your prayers mates. we wish them the best.

for folks who will be going for their medicals i wsh you all the best in your medicals and later success in your interviews !olelenku ,beth ,nairoba ,4turya ,DJand the rest best of luck as you folks prepare

Thanks for your constant and persistent prayer and encouragement, God bless you and God's mercies as you continue with the journey.

2014AF00015xxx
1st NL: 20th May
Sent forms: 25th May
Confirmation of receipt by KCC: 10th June
Police clearance: 13th Sept
Medicals: 19th and 20th Nov, successful.
Visa interview: 9th Dec

In Jesus Christ I trust and put my faith always!!!!

For those of you preparing for your medicals, these are some of the facts
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. When you are booking via e-mail, scan and attach the passports of your family members, 2nd nl and mention the age brackets whether adult or child. Don't forget to suggest the interview date you want.
2.When you get a mail confirming that you have been booked, don't forget to reply the mail and confirm that you will make it on the day that you are scheduled.
3.Print out the letter of confirmation of your booking and your 2nd nl and go with them.
4.IOM is next door after Tara Suites in Gigiri
5.Even if you go on the first day before payment, they will work on you and pay later.
6.Ladies if you took photos with hair covering part of your forehead, they will be rejected and you will be forced to go and take new ones from village market , a place which is very expensive in everything.
7.if you have kids 2 years to 15, book either, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday, those are the days they do the TB skin tests.
8.For the guys, put in an undershot else you will strip up to you underpants for you to be examined.
9.If you have previous vaccination records, go with them, if they ask you whether you have ever suffered from chicken pox answer in positive so that you save your self from the varicella vaccine which is very expensive and so painful.
10.Kids have to get pneumonia vaccines, these can be got from gov't health facilities at no cost.
11. prepare enough money for the exercise.
12.Do not forget to share your experience after.
I wish you the best

Thanks Famil2133 for these so valuable tips. I will give you a call one of these days and we link up for a cup of tea.

One more to go 4turya about the same time on monday we will be celebrating your success and giving thanks to the Good Lord.

4TURYA Done with Medicals
congs brother lets wait for round 2 on monday we praying and keeping our finders crossed trusting the Good Lord to bring you thru

hallo folks hop ya all great and waiting for success stories for guys who are going for their dec interviews ,folks i want to touch on a topic that nick passionately talked about in DV2013 its about your HOST ,folks you need to pray that your host welcomes you warmly and is willing to show you the ropes in the states ,cz some hosts turn out to be different from what you expect, but with prayers and trust in the almighty i believe that your host wont put you in an awkward position especially if the host is not a family member,but as always i wish folks who will be having their medicals and interview in dec a successful interview as we on the other side patiently wait for the bulletins

Todays devotion
Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Remember God loves you be blessed folks

Yeah hosts have been a challenge for so many people. Sometimes the attitude of those being helped also isn't good. One can start by asking what they expect their host to do for them. I think it is fair enough to have a discussion with them so you can gauge how far they are willing to help you and what you need to do yourself. Researching right from here before you leave for the US can be very helpful as well. Good preparation is half the work done. The need to start saving for this migration is certainly obvious. It is not a cheap venture at all and relying entirely on the host is a bit unfair. Either way if someone hosts you, then they have really done a lot and expecting them to do more is unfair to say the least.

Yeah hosts have been a challenge for so many people. Sometimes the attitude of those being helped also isn't good. One can start by asking what they expect their host to do for them. I think it is fair enough to have a discussion with them so you can gauge how far they are willing to help you and what you need to do yourself. Researching right from here before you leave for the US can be very helpful as well. Good preparation is half the work done. The need to start saving for this migration is certainly obvious. It is not a cheap venture at all and relying entirely on the host is a bit unfair. Either way if someone hosts you, then they have really done a lot and expecting them to do more is unfair to say the least.

sure, that's true JONGE

Most definitely we'll keep them in our prayers

Thanks a lot, God's mercies as you continue with the journey. God bless...

2014AF00015xxx

mhhh I did not scan copies of my passports when booking,did everyone who has gone for medicals scan theirs?
You scan the bio data page of your passport and the dependents plus the second NL, but that is in case you are booking via e-mail, but for the selectees who are in Nairobi, you can just walk there along with copies your passports and the 2nd nl and book. Time for booking appointment is after 10 a.m. Monday to Friday.

Thanks a lot for mentioning me in your prayers, God's mercies as you await the admin processing to end. I believe the Almighty will crown your efforts so far by finishing the processing soon and granting you and your family visas in no time. God bless...

2014AF00015xxx

Thanks Guy

second notification and procuders

Hey guys, I happy to be in touch in this thread. I have questions. I am studying in Germany who came from Africa. My case no. is dv2014AF10xxx. I sent Kentucky lately in October. My cut off is available last month. I don't receive the second notification. Do you share me what the requirement of US embassy in Germany or would you mind tell me the thread in Germany. Thank you:)

Thanks Famil2133 for these so valuable tips. I will give you a call one of these days and we link up for a cup of tea.

That will be great, may be even 4Turya will have got his visa, we shall join him to celebrate. Otherwise am around in Kla we shall link up.

Hey guys, I happy to be in touch in this thread. I have questions. I am studying in Germany who came from Africa. My case no. is dv2014AF10xxx. I sent Kentucky lately in October. My cut off is available last month. I don't receive the second notification. Do you share me what the requirement of US embassy in Germany or would you mind tell me the thread in Germany. Thank you:)
Since you sent your forms late, it will take some time for your 2nd nl to come, just make sure that they confirm that they have received your forms then eventually the letter will come. Just hang on to this forum, it has all the information you need through out the DV processes, the people here are not immigration lawyers but they have experience and they have done a lot of research, just feel free to post any question here and you will be helped.
Take time to create your signature and also follow the link below and register in the last free raw of our spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AqZnbgMvNnNHdFFZS2hKS295c1BDR1dpb1RLZ1laWnc#gid=0

4.olelenku.....
UPDATES FROM THE SPREADSHEET.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Up coming interviews in December 2013

Mention their names in your prayers mates. we wish them the best.

Thank you for the fast response. The kentecky actually confirmed me that my case is under process and takes several weeks

hy 4turya when is your interview bro?if its on monday i wish you all the best we will 4 sure keep you in our prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.