• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Hallo folks wishin those who are having their interviews success plus those going for medicals all the best folks and may all be smooth for you guys and those who are still waiting for 2nl all the best ,Gurixx,banangeh all the best in your journey .REMEMBER God loves you AND BE BLESS

Today's devotion

Psalms 33;20-22

We wait in hope for the Lord;
he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love be with us, Lord,
even as we put our hope in you.

Remember God loves you house be blessed
@akelloh well thanks for your wishes n prayers indeed God has blessed us n after pickin my Visa wil update u on wat to expect.

@ Guriix,i did that and they told on a good day i can get one as low as 75k.my question to you,however,is-which airline did you go for and what is or was your POE?

PJ
EYE SWEAR SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!hA HA HA ..u know that it has been a song over the forum that IOM has got the cheapest deals?.....
Let me hope u have tried them.....Otherwise i could just get my cane n spank you badly.
Qatar got me the best deal in Kampala. I tried IOM , they were damn expensive.

Medical Day 1 14th July 2014. Time 8:30
Counselling.
Xray.
Laboratory.

Those 3 happens on the first day, Got at IOM sat at the reception with a tag plus a number is attached to your appointment form Here if you are talkative, you may chat with fellow selectees plus other kind of applicants from Canada, New Zealand, UK etc. After some few mins, was called and my photo was taken.
After that, a group was called up for orientation plus counseling. At counseling, there is nothing much there. The whole group gets into a room, sits and the doc who took you through orientation starts to explain to you what they are going to do, the procedures that is. Then you are given a form to sign which entails that you have understood everything.
After that it's Laboratory time. You visit the lab, you hand over the appt letter in there then you go sit out. After some mins you are called in...hand over your 2nl+passport+photo+relevant copies. From there you sit to the next chair, your blood is drawn and you are done there.
Next visit i's the Xray room. At Xray reception you hand over the 2nl+appointment form+pasport+a foto. Then after few secs if there is no queue you get in, remove your shirt n the Xray is taken.
After there kwa the first reception. Pick the coupon then go pay laterz at CBA Bank ville! Sign your way out plus hand over the tag. And that ends the first day

DAY 2. Time was supposed to be 9:00am

Got there 30mins later...

Here you get in, place your appointment letter at a certain ka tray far right near the flight booking area. Hand over the receipt to the cashier, still far right.
After that you sit and wait for your name.
After a group of you are called to proceed. You go and your height+weight is taken. The doctor asks you if you've ever suffered from any disease, any operations ever carried onto ya body etc. S/he takes your blood pressure then you are asked to read some letter one eye closed(vision test).
At his table if you look carefully, you'll see your Xray CD, so that eases your anxiety.
After there it's upstairs, PE in other words Physical Examination. Maan!! haha...
Got in after 2 or so hrs of waiting, don't know where they had taken my forms!!
Anyway got in, was asked for passport. This time the doc was a She. She asked several questions, what's your name, Date of birth, If I've ever suffered from Chickenpox etc. Then was told to go behind the curtain and strip to my underpants then I call her. Did that she came, was told to sit on top of the kabed. She took some kind of a touch checked my Ears, eyes, Nose and mouth. After that she took some kind of a ka hummer she hit the knee once both left and the right one.
After that was told to lie stomach facing up. She caressed from neck to toe, God only knows what she was looking for. She lift the underpant looked down there, turned the "thing" sideways then she told me to sit up, checks the back, stand up, she checks back downward mpaka back there then she told me to dress up.
Went nxt to her desk, checked the xray pic again then she said you are healthy. Ticks the vaccines I should take then hands over the Xray CD.
Went down and took the shorts, to me they weren't painful at all. but again it depends with an individual. Was given a certificate at the vaccination room of all the vaccines I've taken.
Got up and came home.

I'm not a good story teller but I hope the above experience helps. Forgive me for the typos and If there is something wrong with my grammar also.
That said, sleep well guys :) :) :)

Hehehe all the best in your interview.looking fwd to hearing all about it.

Counselling.
Xray.
Laboratory.

Those 3 happens on the first day, Got at IOM sat at the reception with a tag plus a number is attached to your appointment form Here if you are talkative, you may chat with fellow selectees plus other kind of applicants from Canada, New Zealand, UK etc. After some few mins, was called and my photo was taken.
After that, a group was called up for orientation plus counseling. At counseling, there is nothing much there. The whole group gets into a room, sits and the doc who took you through orientation starts to explain to you what they are going to do, the procedures that is. Then you are given a form to sign which entails that you have understood everything.
After that it's Laboratory time. You visit the lab, you hand over the appt letter in there then you go sit out. After some mins you are called in...hand over your 2nl+passport+photo+relevant copies. From there you sit to the next chair, your blood is drawn and you are done there.
Next visit i's the Xray room. At Xray reception you hand over the 2nl+appointment form+pasport+a foto. Then after few secs if there is no queue you get in, remove your shirt n the Xray is taken.
After there kwa the first reception. Pick the coupon then go pay laterz at CBA Bank ville! Sign your way out plus hand over the tag. And that ends the first day

Here you get in, place your appointment letter at a certain ka tray far right near the flight booking area. Hand over the receipt to the cashier, still far right.
After a group of you are called to proceed. You go and your height+weight is taken. The doctor asks you if you've ever suffered from any disease, any operations ever carried onto ya body etc. S/he takes your blood pressure then you are asked to read some letter one eye closed(vision test).
At his table if you look carefully, you'll see your Xray CD, so that eases your anxiety.
After there it's upstairs, PE in other words Physical Examination. Maan!! haha...
Anyway got in, was asked for passport. This time the doc was a She. She asked several questions, what's your name, Date of birth, If I've ever suffered from Chickenpox etc. Then was told to go behind the curtain and strip to my underpants then I call her. Did that she came, was told to sit on top of the kabed. She took some kind of a touch checked my Ears, eyes, Nose and mouth. After that she took some kind of a ka hummer she hit the knee once both left and the right one.
After that was told to lie stomach facing up. She caressed from neck to toe, God only knows what she was looking for. She lift the underpant looked down there, turned the "thing" sideways then she told me to sit up, checks the back, stand up, she checks back downward mpaka back there then she told me to dress up.
Went nxt to her desk, checked the xray pic again then she said you are healthy. Ticks the vaccines I should take then hands over the Xray CD.
Went down and took the shorts, to me they weren't painful at all. but again it depends with an individual. Was given a certificate at the vaccination room of all the vaccines I've taken.
Got up and came home.

I'm not a good story teller but I hope the above experience helps. Forgive me for the typos and If there is something wrong with my grammar also.

Counselling.
Xray.
Laboratory.

Got up and came home.

Nice explanation exactly as it occurs IOM gigiri.................wish you well as we meet the CO this month

Hi every one,
wish you luck on your interview guys!!

I have a question, i would be happy if someone can help me clarify

I had Diversity Visa interview 11th of this month. I had a copy of high school certificate during the interview as the original was yet on its transit from my home country. The officer told me to bring the original document with my passport in 10 days as ther are limmited visas to be issued. I have got the original certificate yesterday and handle it to the reception in the consulate today including my passport. I am not quite sure what is next, whether will grant me visa or not. any information please?

Hi every one,

I had Diversity Visa interview 11th of this month. I had a copy of high school certificate during the interview as the original was yet on its transit from my home country. The officer told me to bring the original document with my passport in 10 days as ther are limmited visas to be issued. I have got the original certificate yesterday and handle it to the reception in the consulate today including my passport. I am not quite sure what is next, whether will grant me visa or not. any information please?

Sounds like they were just waiting for that - in which case they will issue the visa and stamp it in your passport within a week or two at most.

Counselling.
Xray.
Laboratory.

Got up and came home.

The narration was good. Congrats for your medicals. I wish you success in your interview

Hi every one,

I am sure you will get your visa.

It's interesting you were given such a short time frame to bring it in - but you will be fine as you met it.