• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

@ breakthru,my interview is on 6th,a day after yours.have you confirmed with KNEC if the confeditial slip has been sent yet?i have heard that there has been delays.am planning to check mine on monday.I aslo got my xray film +wife's on day 2.

Call Knec and ask them if they've sent your cert.
I did that after 10days and they said washaituma...They'll ask your kcse year, Names and Index Number.

Todays devotion

Psalms 119;49-50

Remember your word to your servant,
for you have given me hope.
My comfort in my suffering is this:
Your promise preserves my life.

Remember God loves you and be blessed house

Thanks brother...we are together all the way

It is painful for those who numbers didn't make the cut. There is nothing that we can say that will make it any easier. God's speed to all. To all who became current, congratulations for making the cut. I make my move next week. I'll keep everyone in the loop and will always pass by this forum to see what's happening with everyone. Check out my blog too for what's happening to my life on the other side.
Yeah very painful indeed...looking at out spreadsheet, a number of our forummates have been looked out.

Steenah here is a written confirmation...

Embassy of the United States of America
United Nations Avenue
Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 254-20-363-6622

July 11, 2014

Dear George,

This is to inform you that due to unavoidable circumstances, your interview appointment has been changed from July 28, 2014 to
July 30, 2014 at 06:30am

Sincerely,

Customer Representative 2
Immigrant Visa Unit
Consular Section
US Embassy Nairobi

My host needs to know what other docs he can email me in addtion to Affidavit of sup.ie are there any supporting docs,eg salary slips,tax returns slips??.........

My host needs to know what other docs he can email me in addtion to Affidavit of sup.ie are there any supporting docs,eg salary slips,tax returns slips??.........

Ask them to include their W2 and/or 1099 form. Your host will also need to provide you with a copy of their GC or US passport. In addition, if they want to go further and provide you with their pay slips and IRS rax returns, that's equally fine.

Steenah here is a written confirmation...

Embassy of the United States of America
United Nations Avenue
Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 254-20-363-6622

July 11, 2014

Dear George,

This is to inform you that due to unavoidable circumstances, your interview appointment has been changed from July 28, 2014 to
July 30, 2014 at 06:30am

Sincerely,

Customer Representative 2
Immigrant Visa Unit
Consular Section
US Embassy Nairobi

Hey Jorj,...thanks.Mine is 29th..amma give u th feedback too...fingers crossed...

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us. As long as life continues, there will always be hope. Always remember that in life, It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get up again.”

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Almighty God; Isaiah 41:10

My words of comfort and encouragement goes to all my beloved forum mates whose numbers didn't make it to the final cut of DV 2014, All I believe deep down in my heart, is that the almighty God still has a beautiful a head of these trying moments. Its been a long way to reach this far and surely God knows that. My prayer for all of you, is that may God surely remember all your efforts and time incurred in this journey for the last eight months. May he make this American dream for each one of you come true. That's my humble prayer for all of you.

To those who are current, Congrats and thanks for waiting and continuing to uplift your faith to date. May God also take you through the remaining steps a head of you to achieve this one step to starting living and working for the American dream.

Everything is fine here in MA and this July marks 4 months ever since I reached here in the United states. Everything is all set. I got a job and come what in this September, I will start enrolling for my Associates here at the university of Massachusetts. I bring all my greetings and love from my family here Lawrence Massachusetts, United States. we're really praying for you and we wish you all the best.

Good luck

Call Knec and ask them if they've sent your cert.
I did that after 10days and they said washaituma...They'll ask your kcse year, Names and Index Number.
As rgds KNEC form quiz 1.8 - National ID/PP No./BC- What do we ans/fill? & if it's ID or PP, do we attach copy?

I will always be grateful for the love and knowledge I acquired through this online few months ago when I also joined like any other luck DV winner. True I was excited but little did I know that my journey to my American dream had just begun. I really want to pose and give lots of appreciation and love to all my DV 2014 comrades. you guyz without your input, there is no way I would be where I am today. we did this together as a family and day by day we could see results coming back in our favor. My prayer still goes to the rest of our online family members whose numbers didn't make it on the list of those who are going current. May God reward you and remember all those sleep nights of waiting for your second letter of notification.

I wanna give God all the praise and honor for this far he has brought me and I usually tell my friends, that there is no one single day, I will ever take and use this opportunity for granted. Its a real life time opportunity that should stretch even to benefit others. Honestly speaking, for the last three months, I enjoyed being mentored. I enjoyed being taught what works here in America and what doesn't work. its still a process even right now that I am continuing to learn many other more stuff. I really give the credit to my host because as a mother, she has really decided to put in her efforts and teach me how to face this American environment. At least I can say that right now, I can also take some one down to the streets for a cup of coffee. I no longer need to use my GPS on my t - mobile sum sang to tell me where I need to pass on my way back home. These days I take my self to work. I enjoy using my time effectively because here time is what pays you. I work good 50 hours in a week including over time because I really know what I want. I never came here to sleep when other people are adding on their pay checks. Am also free at night and that's at 11;00pm because that's when am living work. Am really committed to see this American dream coming to pass and surely I can tell you that I enjoy checking on my online account every Thursday, its really promising.

I really wanna work hard for the these next 3 months, so that by the time winter and coldness starts in this November then I will not be able to suffer to much. I haven't seen what it means but honestly speaking, I tested some few days when we had reached here. Men its really scaring with coldness. That's my plan. Am really now able and willing to deduct on my account and buy a good 4 wheel drive car but my advise was to first be focused with in this month and work hard to build my savings so that if we're approaching winter, their I can be able to go in any bond with my pay stubs and get a loan for a very good car. the reason for not paying this car with my hard cash is that I wanna start building my credit history which is very very important here in the US. All I need is to look for a good car that is in range of $ 5000 to 7000 so that they these guyz tell me how much I will be paying every month and for how long. its a very good advise to build your credit history here because you cannot for example buy a very good house on loan without a good credit history.

I have already finished meeting my educational counselors here at Northern Essex community college to be advised on how to enroll first through a community college and later you transfer your course to any good prestigious University. I was guided through how to choose the best courses using Massachusetts job outlook so that I don't face problems of taking a course that will not give me an opportunity immediately after finishing the university. I was also advised on how to fill in for the financial aid and what to except after completing your course. what's the technique behind going through community college first and then you end up with joining a good university. the courses that are taught here in the community college, are the same courses that are taught in these bigger universities and most likely you will find that even the same professors but when it comes to the course fee, its very expensive in these bigger universities than at the community college. so my advise was to mind so much about what you will pay back after you complete your degree. I would rather pass through a community college first to minimize on the course expenses and later at the end of the course, I can transfer my courses to a bigger recognized university. that's the trick

The next intake will be taking off in this September and I have already sent my Ugandan transcripts and academic certificates to be evaluated by the Center of Educational Documentation. I can't wait to see my self reporting for my Associates here at Northern Essex Community college. Remember what I told you earlier, its gonna be work and school so whoever wants to go back to school be ready to handle the two.

I passed my learners permit here at the Register Motor Vehicle in Lawrence MA and apparently am going on with my road tests. Remember driving here in the US, is a privilege and not a right but you have to be extra careful that you follow all the rules and regulations or other wise you will start working for insurances only. its not an easy test, you have to read hard for it if you wanna pass and start running on these express and inter state highways. With automobile, don't worry your in the right place, you will drive any type of a car you want as long as your ready to pay back their money.

At the moment, Massachusetts job outlook shows that you cannot fail to get anything to do here in MA as longer as your legally permitted to work in the USA. All you need to do the moment you reach in this country is to rush and apply for your social security number as you wait for your green card to be mailed to your address. minus that here in Massachusetts your not allowed to work because every application you fill, will ask you for your social security number. Secondly think about applying for a temporary health insurance that can help you with any medical assistance as you look forward to getting a permanent one. Am a proud beneficiary of MASSHELTH INSURANCE. I got my personal medical doctor and I can schedule any appointment I want as long as I want because here you don't meet your doctor when your only sick. No you can even meet him when your not sick to take you thru some medical assistance may be regarding nutrition etc

After receiving your green card and social security number, start thinking about opening up an account with any bank of your interest. its a question you cannot miss during your job interviews.

Without a job here you cannot rent a house nor get a car on loan because these guys ask for a proof of pay stubs.

That's a pretty awesome post. Sounds like you are really grabbing this opportunity with both hands and giving it your all! Congratulations on what has happened so far and I can tell, from the way you are prepared to work and your positive attitude, that all your plans will come to pass. Good luck with everything!

I will always be grateful for the love and knowledge I acquired through this online few months ago when I also joined like any other luck DV winner. True I was excited but little did I know that my journey to my American dream had just begun. I really want to pose and give lots of appreciation and love to all my DV 2014 comrades. you guyz without your input, there is no way I would be where I am today. we did this together as a family and day by day we could see results coming back in our favor. My prayer still goes to the rest of our online family members whose numbers didn't make it on the list of those who are going current. May God reward you and remember all those sleep nights of waiting for your second letter of notification.

I wanna give God all the praise and honor for this far he has brought me and I usually tell my friends, that there is no one single day, I will ever take and use this opportunity for granted. Its a real life time opportunity that should stretch even to benefit others. Honestly speaking, for the last three months, I enjoyed being mentored. I enjoyed being taught what works here in America and what doesn't work. its still a process even right now that I am continuing to learn many other more stuff. I really give the credit to my host because as a mother, she has really decided to put in her efforts and teach me how to face this American environment. At least I can say that right now, I can also take some one down to the streets for a cup of coffee. I no longer need to use my GPS on my t - mobile sum sang to tell me where I need to pass on my way back home. These days I take my self to work. I enjoy using my time effectively because here time is what pays you. I work good 50 hours in a week including over time because I really know what I want. I never came here to sleep when other people are adding on their pay checks. Am also free at night and that's at 11;00pm because that's when am living work. Am really committed to see this American dream coming to pass and surely I can tell you that I enjoy checking on my online account every Thursday, its really promising.

I really wanna work hard for the these next 3 months, so that by the time winter and coldness starts in this November then I will not be able to suffer to much. I haven't seen what it means but honestly speaking, I tested some few days when we had reached here. Men its really scaring with coldness. That's my plan. Am really now able and willing to deduct on my account and buy a good 4 wheel drive car but my advise was to first be focused with in this month and work hard to build my savings so that if we're approaching winter, their I can be able to go in any bond with my pay stubs and get a loan for a very good car. the reason for not paying this car with my hard cash is that I wanna start building my credit history which is very very important here in the US. All I need is to look for a good car that is in range of $ 5000 to 7000 so that they these guyz tell me how much I will be paying every month and for how long. its a very good advise to build your credit history here because you cannot for example buy a very good house on loan without a good credit history.

I have already finished meeting my educational counselors here at Northern Essex community college to be advised on how to enroll first through a community college and later you transfer your course to any good prestigious University. I was guided through how to choose the best courses using Massachusetts job outlook so that I don't face problems of taking a course that will not give me an opportunity immediately after finishing the university. I was also advised on how to fill in for the financial aid and what to except after completing your course. what's the technique behind going through community college first and then you end up with joining a good university. the courses that are taught here in the community college, are the same courses that are taught in these bigger universities and most likely you will find that even the same professors but when it comes to the course fee, its very expensive in these bigger universities than at the community college. so my advise was to mind so much about what you will pay back after you complete your degree. I would rather pass through a community college first to minimize on the course expenses and later at the end of the course, I can transfer my courses to a bigger recognized university. that's the trick

The next intake will be taking off in this September and I have already sent my Ugandan transcripts and academic certificates to be evaluated by the Center of Educational Documentation. I can't wait to see my self reporting for my Associates here at Northern Essex Community college. Remember what I told you earlier, its gonna be work and school so whoever wants to go back to school be ready to handle the two.

I passed my learners permit here at the Register Motor Vehicle in Lawrence MA and apparently am going on with my road tests. Remember driving here in the US, is a privilege and not a right but you have to be extra careful that you follow all the rules and regulations or other wise you will start working for insurances only. its not an easy test, you have to read hard for it if you wanna pass and start running on these express and inter state highways. With automobile, don't worry your in the right place, you will drive any type of a car you want as long as your ready to pay back their money.

At the moment, Massachusetts job outlook shows that you cannot fail to get anything to do here in MA as longer as your legally permitted to work in the USA. All you need to do the moment you reach in this country is to rush and apply for your social security number as you wait for your green card to be mailed to your address. minus that here in Massachusetts your not allowed to work because every application you fill, will ask you for your social security number. Secondly think about applying for a temporary health insurance that can help you with any medical assistance as you look forward to getting a permanent one. Am a proud beneficiary of MASSHELTH INSURANCE. I got my personal medical doctor and I can schedule any appointment I want as long as I want because here you don't meet your doctor when your only sick. No you can even meet him when your not sick to take you thru some medical assistance may be regarding nutrition etc

After receiving your green card and social security number, start thinking about opening up an account with any bank of your interest. its a question you cannot miss during your job interviews.

Without a job here you cannot rent a house nor get a car on loan because these guys ask for a proof of pay stubs.
Thanks for your in depth insight of life in US well am hoping to get my Visa approved this month hope to see or even call when i reach US probably in Sep.....Regards

Good morning Friends,

the forum is rather quiet and I do understand after last weeks' shocker. I hope we can get some positive increment this week on those numbers. All the best to those with medicals and interviews this week.