• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Big Thanks Jorj.....for the valuable info.....I will see if I can send my bro to pick the form for me.....scan and send it to me via email...... if i can find it online at the KNEC WEBSITE...then I can fill it and send it to him to pay the cash at CO-OP bank...just trying to minimise the long trips to Nai....cheers pal!!!!!
thanks family for all your prayers and well wishes my VISA was APPROVED today around 8.20am more details later

Congrats Aleki

for the last 2 days it has been butterflies for me. Today i woke up @ 4.00am went throu my docs to ensure everything was ok, i stucked ksh 32k into my socks, prayed and left home, by 5.50 i was @ the embassy gate, there were two lines one for men and other for ladies i lined up en i was 4th from front i stood there 4 30mins. gate was opened,we were checked, proceeded inside lined again this time together with ladies the line moved pretty fast after which u had 2 go 2ru another security check in batches of 4. From here u proceed to the interviewin room, here u submit ua appointment letter and given a waiting token and then u go out to the cold but to me it felt abit warm, after a 20-30 min wait my no is called i go in hand in my original documents and fotocopies am given invoice to go to cashier and pay i pay ksh29700 and am told to wait inside my name is called to counter 8 where my fingers and thumb scans are taken thou the indian guy complains just like the Cid officer complained that my fingers are too tall than std size. Again am sent outside i wait for sometimes my name is called to window 10:
Co: raise ur hand and swear that the information u have given is true
Me: yes, tru to the best of my knowledge
Co:r u married?
Me: No
Co: u hv any children
Co: what did u study after high school?
Me:xxxx
Co: did u complete it?
Me:no but due to the end of year (hapa ilinilazimu kudanganya)
Co:wea will u stay in USA
Me:xxxxxxx
Co: here we go , congratulation Mr ale...

for sure GOd had a reason why we were selected, is my hope and prayer in the nxt 2wks each one of us will be current. BE BLESSED and TOGETHER AS ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Good to go bro..Congratulations once again

Big Thanks Jorj.....for the valuable info.....I will see if I can send my bro to pick the form for me.....scan and send it to me via email...... if i can find it online at the KNEC WEBSITE...then I can fill it and send it to him to pay the cash at CO-OP bank...just trying to minimise the long trips to Nai....cheers pal!!!!!

here is a link of that form..
http://www.knec.ac.ke/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=47

It's the 'Application for Statement of Examination Results' Fill it out, scan and send to someone in Nai together with a copy of the results slip and appointment letter when it comes..then wait and chase and chase until they send..

Congrats Aleki & Terminator. The more reason the backbenchers should not worry. Its a 98% guarantee if your papers are okay & you sailed through the medicals.

Tyt we are praying for you & we believe that very soon you'll also be rejoicing

ameen geemont ,may the lord acept ur prayer 4 me and the rest...thank u very much ,i appreciated it...

ameen greemont, may the lord accept ur prayer 4 me and the rest, thank u very much bro i appreciated it...

So after a restless night's sleep (suprise surprise), I got up at the usual time to go to work - as my interview was only scheduled for 1pm.

I got to Sandton City at around 12:25pm to park my car and then I made a short walk across the street to the entrance of the Johannesburg Consulate. Upon arrival, I was a little disappointed to find that I wasn't the first person to arrive, but nontheless, 3rd spot was not a bad consolation prize:) At the queue I started making some small talk with a pleasant elderly couple from Cape Town, who were on a different Immigration Visa interview to mine (think it was called the EB-1). In total, there were probably only 5 groups of people that were scheduled for interviews today.

When the clock striked 1 o'clock, the security guards asked us to present our appointment letters, along with our passports. We then proceeded to go through the standard security check and were asked to switch off our cell phones and leave behind with security.

When we got inside the Consulate, we were told to sit in the same order as we had queued. The first people up was a family of 5 from the DR Congo. They seemed to have a hellova lot of paper work with them, but maybe it seemed that way to me because I was just a lone ranger.
To my pleasant surprise, I was called ahead of the elderly couple, who then wished me goodluck, as i was called up to window number 4, where I was greeted by a local male. He asked me for all my original documents and the copies thereof, which I provided. He then asked me if I have any proof of funds, which I presented in the form of my bank statements and Affidavit of Support (yes, I over did it, but I wasn't willing to take any chances haha). After taking my finger prints, I was told to go to the cashier to pay the mandatory $330.

Once I had made the payment, I went back to the waiting area and about 20 minutes later, my name was called to window number 7, where I was greeted by an American lady that did a good job of not smiling initially...

This is how the interview went;

CO: Do you swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Me: I do.

CO: When did you enter the DV lottery?
Me: Oct 2012

CO: When were you notified of your selection?
Me: In May 2013

CO: Have you ever been to the USA?
Me: Blah blah blah

CO: What do you do for a living?
Me: blah blah blah

CO: And before that?

CO: Do you have any evidence to support yourself? Or have you already started looking for jobs?
Me: (There I go wipping out my ammunition lol) I've got my bank statement and an AOS.
CO: I see you're quite prepared, but I won't need your bank statements if you have an AOS with you.
Me: Yes ma'am

Co: Where do you plan on staying?
Me: In Boston

Co: It gets quite cold in Boston, FYI.
Me: So I've been told

Co: Do you want us to courier your package or are you willing to come pick it up personally?
Me: I live near by, so picking it up won't be an issue.

Co: (Presents me with a green form), please sign here where I have highlighted in pink.
Me: (as I sign and return it to her)There you go ma'am.

Co: We will call you when your immigration package is ready for collection.
Me: Thanks ma'am

Co: Oh and congratulations (finally a smile surfaces)
Me: Thank you very much (with the biggest grin of my life)

That was it good people. I was out of there in 85 minutes. I did feel that a lot of the questions asked, were just to while away time and that the decision was made well in advance of my interview (just my sense).

I know this was a very long message but I felt that I owe to myself and to the other people on this forum that have helped me along this journey, that I write out a detailed story of my interview experience. This was just my way of saying thank you.

To everyone that still has an interview to go to, all the best of luck and go in there with the documents that are needed, and everything else should be smooth sailing.

So after a restless night's sleep (suprise surprise), I got up at the usual time to go to work - as my interview was only scheduled for 1pm.

I got to Sandton City at around 12:25pm to park my car and then I made a short walk across the street to the entrance of the Johannesburg Consulate. Upon arrival, I was a little disappointed to find that I wasn't the first person to arrive, but nontheless, 3rd spot was not a bad consolation prize:) At the queue I started making some small talk with a pleasant elderly couple from Cape Town, who were on a different Immigration Visa interview to mine (think it was called the EB-1). In total, there were probably only 5 groups of people that were scheduled for interviews today.

When the clock striked 1 o'clock, the security guards asked us to present our appointment letters, along with our passports. We then proceeded to go through the standard security check and were asked to switch off our cell phones and leave behind with security.

When we got inside the Consulate, we were told to sit in the same order as we had queued. The first people up was a family of 5 from the DR Congo. They seemed to have a hellova lot of paper work with them, but maybe it seemed that way to me because I was just a lone ranger.
To my pleasant surprise, I was called ahead of the elderly couple, who then wished me goodluck, as i was called up to window number 4, where I was greeted by a local male. He asked me for all my original documents and the copies thereof, which I provided. He then asked me if I have any proof of funds, which I presented in the form of my bank statements and Affidavit of Support (yes, I over did it, but I wasn't willing to take any chances haha). After taking my finger prints, I was told to go to the cashier to pay the mandatory $330.

Once I had made the payment, I went back to the waiting area and about 20 minutes later, my name was called to window number 7, where I was greeted by an American lady that did a good job of not smiling initially...

This is how the interview went;

CO: Do you swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Me: I do.

CO: When did you enter the DV lottery?
Me: Oct 2012

CO: When were you notified of your selection?
Me: In May 2013

CO: Have you ever been to the USA?

CO: What do you do for a living?
Me: blah blah blah

CO: And before that?

CO: Do you have any evidence to support yourself? Or have you already started looking for jobs?
Me: (There I go wipping out my ammunition lol) I've got my bank statement and an AOS.
CO: I see you're quite prepared, but I won't need your bank statements if you have an AOS with you.
Me: Yes ma'am

Co: Where do you plan on staying?
Me: In Boston

Co: It gets quite cold in Boston, FYI.
Me: So I've been told

Co: Do you want us to courier your package or are you willing to come pick it up personally?
Me: I live near by, so picking it up won't be an issue.

Co: (Presents me with a green form), please sign here where I have highlighted in pink.
Me: (as I sign and return it to her)There you go ma'am.

Co: We will call you when your immigration package is ready for collection.
Me: Thanks ma'am

Co: Oh and congratulations (finally a smile surfaces)
Me: Thank you very much (with the biggest grin of my life)

That was it good people. I was out of there in 85 minutes. I did feel that a lot of the questions asked, were just to while away time and that the decision was made well in advance of my interview (just my sense).

I know this was a very long message but I felt that I owe to myself and to the other people on this forum that have helped me along this journey, that I write out a detailed story of my interview experience. This was just my way of saying thank you.

To everyone that still has an interview to go to, all the best of luck and go in there with the documents that are needed, and everything else should be smooth sailing.

These interview accounts are very interesting and very informative for those about to go through the process. Interesting that your AOS trumped your bank statements. Well done for preparing so well - and congratulations.

And by the way - Boston is very cold. Very. Cold.

aleki i know for sure that God eill grant you ya dream i beleive all will be ok ,we are patiently waiting for your experience ,terminator you to GOd is with us all and always remember God loves you be blessed folks .all the best in your medicals and interviews folks and yes AF will be current

Todays devotion

Ecclesiates 31;10-11

I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

Remember God loves you and be blessed house

Thanks Akelloh, those encouraging words of yours really proved to be comforting today. Many thanks.

for the last 2 days it has been butterflies for me. Today i woke up @ 4.00am went throu my docs to ensure everything was ok, i stucked ksh 32k into my socks, prayed and left home, by 5.50 i was @ the embassy gate, there were two lines one for men and other for ladies i lined up en i was 4th from front i stood there 4 30mins. gate was opened,we were checked, proceeded inside lined again this time together with ladies the line moved pretty fast after which u had 2 go 2ru another security check in batches of 4. From here u proceed to the interviewin room, here u submit ua appointment letter and given a waiting token and then u go out to the cold but to me it felt abit warm, after a 20-30 min wait my no is called i go in hand in my original documents and fotocopies am given invoice to go to cashier and pay i pay ksh29700 and am told to wait inside my name is called to counter 8 where my fingers and thumb scans are taken thou the indian guy complains just like the Cid officer complained that my fingers are too tall than std size. Again am sent outside i wait for sometimes my name is called to window 10:

for sure GOd had a reason why we were selected, is my hope and prayer in the nxt 2wks each one of us will be current. BE BLESSED and TOGETHER AS ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Aleki, it seems like the forum managed a 2 out of 2 today for successful interviews :) All the best with your preparations of moving the US.

These interview accounts are very interesting and very informative for those about to go through the process. Interesting that your AOS trumped your bank statements. Well done for preparing so well - and congratulations.

And by the way - Boston is very cold. Very. Cold.

Thanks Britsimon. The whole interview experience is quite nerve wrecking, even when one has prepared well. Haha, I keep hearing that about Boston - I guess that's why you chose to settle on the sunny West Coast? ;)

Thanks Britsimon. The whole interview experience is quite nerve wrecking, even when one has prepared well. Haha, I keep hearing that about Boston - I guess that's why you chose to settle on the sunny West Coast? ;)

It's why my husband has refused my pleas for Boston :D. I do love that city though.

Btw I also interviewed at JNB and we also just had a handful of people that day... I think it's generally pretty quiet.

When are you planning to leave? Look around on the various websites for flights - at one stage the best fare was klm via Amsterdam to Boston. And nice to stretch your legs halfway. SAA generally the most expensive (also they have one way more expensive than a return ticket!) and it's not worth it for flying direct to the US, especially if you can't fly direct to your destination.

It's why my husband has refused my pleas for Boston :D. I do love that city though.

Btw I also interviewed at JNB and we also just had a handful of people that day... I think it's generally pretty quiet.

When are you planning to leave? Look around on the various websites for flights - at one stage the best fare was klm via Amsterdam to Boston. And nice to stretch your legs halfway. SAA generally the most expensive (also they have one way more expensive than a return ticket!) and it's not worth it for flying direct to the US, especially if you can't fly direct to your destination.

My brother lives just outside Boston - it certainly is nice there, and yes it is a great city. But I would prefer to stock my garage with motorbikes and wave runners as toys rather than snow blowers!

Hey Susie, JNB really is quiet hey. By the time I left, there was literally just a handful of people there.

I'm planning to go up around Aug/Sep time, just before the cold weather kicks in... I'm definitely going to do my fair share of shopping around for cheap flights. SAA is notorious for being expensive albeit more direct...

Have you managed to convince the hubby to go ahead with the permanent move to America??

Reactions: tyt
Hey Susie, JNB really is quiet hey. By the time I left, there was literally just a handful of people there.

I'm planning to go up around Aug/Sep time, just before the cold weather kicks in... I'm definitely going to do my fair share of shopping around for cheap flights. SAA is notorious for being expensive albeit more direct...

Have you managed to convince the hubby to go ahead with the permanent move to America??

Direct doesn't really count if you have to change planes anyway, as you would to Boston; and that direct flight is just plain awful. I've done it a couple of times and my preference by far is to go via LHR or AMS where you can get out and have a good leg stretch half way. You may get cheaper fares via emirates or Turkish, but the trade-off can be much longer transit time. When you do your airline searches, also be sure to check for alternate dates, as Aug/Sep are reasonably high season and fares can vary tremendously - sometimes by month, sometimes even just say a Monday compared to a Saturday. (You may know all this already ...but better safe than sorry so rather say it :) )

And not quite yet but I think we're close ;)