• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Thanks Akello!!..glad to hear on the preps you are doing...I am also preping as well..I plan to do everything here...in mombasa as well....I have downloaded the forms online ..and next week i am
Applying the police certs..as well...will just do the KNEC letter and interview in Nairobi....

@utamaduni I PC expires 6 months upon the date of issue and that is why it is advisable to get it not 6 months before your interview date, a month or two prior to interview date is okay. Thanks

hallo mates hope ya ok ,for those preparing wish you all the best and gud luck
Remember GOD loves you and be blessed folks

Today's devotion

Psalms 119;105

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

@akelloh you are right bro!waiting till 2NL might not be advisable, I too will begin the process 1st week of July, I think I shall contact we see if we can go the same time...
its ok but am planin to have apply for mine b4 july ,cz nxt month i know i will be busy ,the earlier the better .bACKBENCHERS WILL HAVE A VERY SHORT TYM TO PREPERE AND U NEVA KNOW THE DATES MIGHT BE PUSHED FORWRD CZ OF THE HIGH CNs

@utamaduni I PC expires 6 months upon the date of issue and that is why it is advisable to get it not 6 months before your interview date, a month or two prior to interview date is okay. Thanks
i thnk a month or two but with the govt 2 month is much better ,remeber wht thy did with gurrix conf.results

its ok but am planin to have apply for mine b4 july ,cz nxt month i know i will be busy ,the earlier the better .bACKBENCHERS WILL HAVE A VERY SHORT TYM TO PREPERE AND U NEVA KNOW THE DATES MIGHT BE PUSHED FORWRD CZ OF THE HIGH CNs
okay, thanks for information.

Hello folks good evening!! i wonder with kenyan government offices imagine i applied for my passport two months ago and nothing is forthcoming. they earlier told me i wil get the passport within two weeks after application. any assistance pls

KNEC sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another disappointment again i paid 4 my confidential in late april but they hvent sent them despite the numerous vists i have paid them my interview is nxt wk, this worrying. with there empty promises
@aleki oh my KNEC seems to be letting people down, sorry for that dissapointment mate!but since April, now that is alarming, I recall @Guriix also had a delay from them?Am not sure may be he can let us know how he maneuvered this disappointment?

If you mean the job you are (or have) performed is at SVP 6 to 7 then it is not just the length of time worked that is an issue. You don't mention what job zone your work is classified as - that is important too. The rules say this:-

"High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the United States.

Work Experience: If you are qualifying with work experience, you must have two years of experience in the last five years, in an occupation which, by U.S. Department of Labor definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher.

The U.S. Department of Labor provides information on job duties, knowledge and skills, education and training, and other occupational characteristics on their website http://www.onetonline.org/. The O*Net online database groups work experience into five "job zones." While many occupations are listed, only certain specified occupations qualify for the Diversity Visa Program."

You can qualify on education basis alone, or on work experience alone. Work experience route is harder because it is somewhat subjective. However, given the time you have worked (after the apprenticeship) is only 1 year in the last 5 years AND that that job (as you are now saying) is not a SVP of 7.0 or above then I am starting to fear that you will not qualify by work experience.

So - are you qualified by the education route?

hi,

I'm new here and i got a question about this work experience....I got a friend who work as a personal trainer, did some personal training courses and was awarded certification to work as a trainer. when he was applying for dv 2015, he was only 1 year working for professional gym in Dubai. Lucky is one of the people selected with CN 60. do you think he is in a position to be issued visa with work experience?

KNEC sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another disappointment again i paid 4 my confidential in late april but they hvent sent them despite the numerous vists i have paid them my interview is nxt wk, this worrying. with there empty promises

Pole @aleki, was still chasing them the day before my interview..kept calling them on these nos 0720 741004/0732 333566 with my names and KCSE index number until 1 lady confirmed they'd sent them..

hi mates its been long since I visited our forum ,so far so good,i got my green cards after one month and half,working 2 part time jobs hope to live on our own by august .Aimanda and Kaia I thank GOD that everything turned out well,Jorj and all the people who are current congrats!brothers and sisters who have not become current lets keep hope that Africa will become current,
hi partitas you so lost in the forum, but I know its work and good to hear you already have your papers,which part are you exactly in Dallas,am in Plano.

Hello folks good evening!! i wonder with kenyan government offices imagine i applied for my passport two months ago and nothing is forthcoming. they earlier told me i wil get the passport within two weeks after application. any assistance pls
hey mohaa,unless something went wrong, passport is very easy, you apply and they tell you within 10 working days and you have it, at nyayo house immigration offices, just go and inquire what went wrong.

hi,

I'm new here and i got a question about this work experience....I got a friend who work as a personal trainer, did some personal training courses and was awarded certification to work as a trainer. when he was applying for dv 2015, he was only 1 year working for professional gym in Dubai. Lucky is one of the people selected with CN 60. do you think he is in a position to be issued visa with work experience?

No. It is job zone 3, SVP 6-7 whereas the requirements are job zone 4-5 and SVP >7.

http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/39-9031.00#JobZone

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...are-selected/confirm-your-qualifications.html

@ SusieQQQ...thanks for the information, am just disappointed that this very valued visa for this guy will go!

...am sure others are disappointed he didn't check first and used up a selection slot that could have gone to an eligible person...