• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Am attendin mass at hppc in irving,want to thank Lord for bringin me this far n for the job orientation tomorrow may your wil be done.
Hi! guys ope you are all well. I left my motherland on October 25th 11:50pm on board British Airways. I arrived at the airport a few min to 8 and entered the clearance hall. On the waiting area i met a guy who was also a dv immigrant and by coincidence we were going to the same POE. We charted alot while charging our phones since i had carried my phone charger. At 1150pm we boarded our plane. We reached London at 5am and left a few min to 12pm. We arrived at Dallas at 530pm went through immigration and got cleared. We proceed to get our luggage and searched for it for more than 45min. We came to learn afterwards it was left in london. British airways staff at the airport apologized and took our host address for our luggage to be brought to our doorsteps.
My host was waiting for me with flowers and our first stop was McDonald. Then walmart to buy some clothes since my luggage had been left.
On 30th i applied for my social security.
On Monday 3rd Nov i started applying for jobs online.
Yesterday i went for my first interview and was to go for my second today Fri 7th Nov.
After the interview i was surprised to get my social security sent through my hosts mail
Today i went for another interview by a different company and am happy to say am starting my job tomorrow.
Something else in Texas you can use a valid Kenyan driving license to drive for 90days. You then have 90 days after entry into Texas to secure a Texas driver license. You can inquire from your state.
Any assistance talisman740@yahoo.com
Its now a month,did You settle in your job? New expériences?

Orientation went wel they do drug test so be ready n clean wen u come to america.lovin it hia sun went to watch xmas lights at grand prairie.:)

HHHHEEY MY PEOPLE....Its been a long time long time, Opz I left tha camp like in June after the site almost crashed ... whenever I came back couldn't get it updated ..nwei.. wished was tha time then I could tell my VISA EXPERINCE.. but Thanks to Almighty God all went well with protocals observed on the fate day 22nd july 2014.. I got my VISA APPROVED... on 28 Sep 2014 through FLY EMIRATES I landed Seattle, WA 11.30a.m SEATAC Airport..mm a land of beauty and perfectness.. throght all 'off da boat' struggles now DEC 7 all my Docs in place and working with some already paychecks made living live of a G in Edmonds, Washington UpNorth of Seattle, Washington.. My friends...it has been a long journey .. I noe many of my friends who were CUT-OFF behind the dv bulletine.. many disappeared after VISA interviews and many also lost after landing to a shock of suprises in a so called a land of opputunities.. POLE kwa walio land kwa fake hosts!!!!who promised heaven but receive you to gates of hell.. who want there own blood suffer tha same.. ... thrust in God and put a smile on ua faces for time will come to pass... for my whole clue.. Okello, Dannyen, Jorre, and more so Family 2133.. where did you all go my folks.. what bout that Oklahoma party ..still organizing committee on standby would like to noe..dv2015 welcome on board let no one tell u America is bad..is juz way you take it..God bless you.

HHHHEEY MY PEOPLE....Its been a long time long time, Opz I left tha camp like in June after the site almost crashed ... whenever I came back couldn't get it updated ..nwei.. wished was tha time then I could tell my VISA EXPERINCE.. but Thanks to Almighty God all went well with protocals observed on the fate day 22nd july 2014.. I got my VISA APPROVED... on 28 Sep 2014 through FLY EMIRATES I landed Seattle, WA 11.30a.m SEATAC Airport..mm a land of beauty and perfectness.. throght all 'off da boat' struggles now DEC 7 all my Docs in place and working with some already paychecks made living live of a G in Edmonds, Washington UpNorth of Seattle, Washington.. My friends...it has been a long journey .. I noe many of my friends who were CUT-OFF behind the dv bulletine.. many disappeared after VISA interviews and many also lost after landing to a shock of suprises in a so called a land of opputunities.. POLE kwa walio land kwa fake hosts!!!!who promised heaven but receive you to gates of hell.. who want there own blood suffer tha same.. ... thrust in God and put a smile on ua faces for time will come to pass... for my whole clue.. Okello, Dannyen, Jorre, and more so Family 2133.. where did you all go my folks.. what bout that Oklahoma party ..still organizing committee on standby would like to noe..dv2015 welcome on board let no one tell u America is bad..is juz way you take it..God bless you.
niko but hav not yet received my greencard karibu bro ..I called uscis office and they told me their is an issue with my 165$ fee payment

ok.. all will be right maze.. so u landed in which state and city my man... na maombi ilikwendaga wapi..LOL.. happy times friend

Hey folks got a job n happy n cant waij for ma first pay check in America,wel the truth is ya success wil depend on ya host bt dont give up if they turn hostile in 2months u can be on ya feet.

Nice to know guys are doing well and are settling in. I am back to mother Africa for a couple of weeks and should head back to the States on the 27th of Dec. I am relocating to Virginia as my job will be in DC. Akelloh I got my greencard in 3 weeks time. If you log into the USCIS, you can check the status of your application. If it is a payment issue, you will have to make the payment again. You could first confirm with your bank if the money was actually deducted.

Nice to know guys are doing well and are settling in. I am back to mother Africa for a couple of weeks and should head back to the States on the 27th of Dec. I am relocating to Virginia as my job will be in DC. Akelloh I got my greencard in 3 weeks time. If you log into the USCIS, you can check the status of your application. If it is a payment issue, you will have to make the payment again. You could first confirm with your bank if the money was actually deducted.
yeap my bank transferred the money ,I gave them a call and they told me to send a copy of the receipt and that's what am goin to do ,how are you doin mate is everythin ok ? take care and God bless you mate