• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Gidmog,

the embassy doesn't offer parking for applicants. A cab dropped me off at the embassy gate at about 5:55am and I was out with the visa at about 8:45am...
Tks Njonge I have already requested my cousin to Chauffeur me so that he can hover around untill ........!

congratulations once again jonge! welcome on board, dennizboy, God has reserved visas for yu I promise yu He will not forsake yu, Akello I know yu are counting hours to victory .

congrats mate and all the best in your journey mate indeed this is a house of winners ,it seems lyk this day would not be with you bro Jonge but indeed GOD HAS GIVEN YOU VICTORY be blessed bro and remeber the lord has guided this house since last year and a majority of the housemate have seen victory ,tyt you miracle is on your way and to the rest of us who have not attended their interviews the visa is ours in JESUS NAMEbe blessed house and remember God loves you

Today's devotion

1 Corinthians 15:57

but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

God loves us all

congrats mate and all the best in your journey mate indeed this is a house of winners ,it seems lyk this day would not be with you bro Jonge but indeed GOD HAS GIVEN YOU VICTORY be blessed bro and remeber the lord has guided this house since last year and a majority of the housemate have seen victory ,tyt you miracle is on your way and to the rest of us who have not attended their interviews the visa is ours in JESUS NAMEbe blessed house and remember God loves you

Today's devotion

1 Corinthians 15:57

but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

God loves us all
Thanks Akelloh...God has been good to us...I can't think of anyone we started with last year in May who has been denied...so Gidmog, go get that green paper...Akelloh all the best with your interview this week and it will be fine

Congratulations Jonge
Welcome to the Wild Green Party.... But looking like while I was away the Wild GREEN PARTY got wilder....... Congratulations to the Backbenchers..... Pose n all those other newbies. I am thrilled.

I am also praying for those on AP.... I can c u too are numerous... TYT, Simon, n all the others. This is a journey that is mentally tedious. God WILL c u thru it.....

Now buddies about tickets...we went to IOM n for BA we where told $833 to Houston Texas..
N when I went to BA for Boston.
Was told $1,339 to Boston.... n from Heathrow Boston is the nearest....
So guys choose wisely n look at all options. Remember the earlier u book.. the cheaper your ticket. Eg...by Monday this week you should have purchased Sunday next week's tickets.... if u wanna save.

All those back Benchers who are doing their interviews during the week...all the best Please have all your documents on the ready.... We have come a long way. You cannot even have a full stop where it's not supposed to be.

I am also praying for those on AP.... I can c u too are numerous... TYT, Simon, n all the others. This is a journey that is mentally tedious. God WILL c u thru it.....
Oh,Thanks Nganda.Just to clarify,am a 2015 newbie with lot of interest in 2014 graduands my case 2015000004**Am hoping for the next VB.Wish you all the best in your new found status and state.

Hey guys do the Nrb embassy have a parking for interviewers? Plse anybody familiar with the place let me know urgently if it's advisable to drive there.

I parked up the road next to the Kobil Petrol station, was charged 200 bob i think..

Congratulations Jonge, it's been a long wait..All the best as you prepare.

Interview Experience
...so we get into a taxi and head to the embassy...it is about 05:45am and we get to the embassy at about 5 for 6:00am. I notice a number of people already queuing and I am wondering if they pitched tent there over night. Anyway I pay the cab driver and join the queue, men in their own queue and women in their own. Because we have a baby, we were moved to the front of the queue (God at work) and at exactly 6am the gate opens. The security guards do their 'thing' and we head to a reception where they check your passport and appointment letter. Again at this point we are placed at the front of the queue because of the baby we have. We go through a second gate and again under security check. At this point anything electronic is left behind including CDs, DVDs e.t.c. We then head to the main reception point inside the embassy office and present our passport and appointment letter and we a given ticket number. Thirty minutes later we am called to counter 5 and we hand in all the documents requested for and are given back our old pictures and and invoice. I head to the counter and pay the visa fees and return the receipt to counter 5. Then the waiting begins...after about an hour we are called at Window 8, they take our finger prints and we are asked to wait for the interview. Ten minutes later we are called to counter 10, I get to counter 10 and my daughter wanted to touch the microphone and the oldish lady warned me not to allow my daughter touch the microphone. So I hand my daughter back to my wife and was carrying my daughter.
CO: Asks my wife and I to raise our right hands and repeat after her....do you blah blah
Wife & I: we do
CO: What did you do after high school?
Me: Went to University
CO: What did you study?
Me: Blah blah
CO: Have you ever been married before?
Me: No
CO: When was your daughter born?
Me: blah blah
CO: Do you have any other children?
Me: No
CO: If I were to grant you the visa where would you go?
CO: How are you related to that person?
CO: congratulations you visa has been granted....
Me: Thank you
Co: Have you been to the US?
CO: for how long?
CO: hands over the green sheet and UCSIS sheets...

Now buddies about tickets...we went to IOM n for BA we where told $833 to Houston Texas..
N when I went to BA for Boston.
Was told $1,339 to Boston.... n from Heathrow Boston is the nearest....
So guys choose wisely n look at all options. Remember the earlier u book.. the cheaper your ticket. Eg...by Monday this week you should have purchased Sunday next week's tickets.... if u wanna save.

It is still high season so tickets are still kinda expensive..Anyone going to IOM, feel free to ask when they have the cheapest tickets and then plan accordingly based on your visa expiry date.