• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

That's a very low number - you should get notified from KCC in the 2nd month (November) and have an appointment for cp in December/January. Best of luck!

Hi Wandic31.

The time to get an appointment depends on you case number (you'll see people refer to it as a CN). My CN is 2014EU000314xx. The xx digits keep it private. It would be good to publish your number here without the last 2 or 3 digits).

The Europe numbers for this year range between zero and about 55000. So USCIS process these in order, a low number means getting an interview appointment early (once the 1st October year start date is reached), whereas a higher number could mean a significant delay - none of us know exactly when our case will be processed - the visa bulletins give a prediction each month for the following month. The information currently being published there is regarding DV2013.

Assuming you're doing consular processing, KCC will send you an appointment date with around 4 to 6 weeks notice. During that time you can have the medical etc.

Hope that helps.

Simon

So the interviews starts from October ? Since i have the other end of CN (EU50XXX) , then its means an interview in around a year ? if ever....
I'd like to know if there is nayone here who had a high cn and didnt get an interview.

Guys with EU numbers over 40k I wouldnt get hopes up too high...

They selected 100k winners out of who only 50k will get anything... maybe even less due to dependable`s.

If you want to read further into this.... find Raevsky`s posts... he explains it well

So the interviews starts from October ? Since i have the other end of CN (EU50XXX) , then its means an interview in around a year ? if ever....
I'd like to know if there is nayone here who had a high cn and didnt get an interview.

Look - no one really knows with certainty what will happen it depends how many gaps in the numbers there are, how many people get rejected or simply don't follow up. But yeah with a 50XXX number you would not expect an interview before August/September 2014, and perhaps never (sorry, just my opinion). Because it will be so late, you'll have plenty of opportunity to watch the visa bulletins and keep your fingers crossed. Good luck!

Guys with EU numbers over 40k I wouldnt get hopes up too high...

They selected 100k winners out of who only 50k will get anything... maybe even less due to dependable`s.

If you want to read further into this.... find Raevsky`s posts... he explains it well

Raevsky got banned so i dont know how much we can rely on his knowledge.
Furthermore last year , my region filled only 2 000 slots out of 3500 available. I cant quite figure out if i only compete with my region or the whole Europe ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Furthermore last year , my region filled only 2 000 slots out of 3500 available. I cant quite figure out if i only compete with my region or the whole Europe ;)

When you say 3500 available are you referring to the rule that is no one country can get more than 7% of the total visas available? If so - yes that would be the maximum a country could get BUT the allocation is within the region (Europe) so the actual number a country gets allocated depends on the order of individual cases. The region could hit its allocation way before the country gets to the 7% number.

So it's the faster the better ? Although many countries can participate it can end up as a mostly Ukraine way to immigrate (like last year where they were the majority ) ? For instance if all the slots available for Europe will be filled with citizens of a single country then they will be "The Europe" ?

True that , there is over 120 000 winners and around 50 000 visas. The chances of getting an interview purely based on statistics are over 40 % , while already being a winner had it's odds of 1-2 %. For me , we are already past the hard part.

There are 125,000 winning entries and 50,000 visas available. With 1.6-1.8 visa applicants per winning entries, that makes only 27,000-31,000 winning entries that will get visas. Looks more like 21-25% of chance. But, many winning entries will not proceed further, or will be disqualified, and some will be denied after the interviews. How much that will? We don't know. But I guess a valid winning entry has more than 50% chance of getting a visa. It is all about how low your CN number is. 2014EU1 has close to 100% of chance, 2014EU55000 a little less...

27k-31k ? Meaning only Europe visas ? Still the odds are way higher than those of winning the lottery. For me its either an interview in 1 year or never so for my own sake I'll just forget about it.

Look - no one really knows with certainty what will happen it depends how many gaps in the numbers there are, how many people get rejected or simply don't follow up. But yeah with a 50XXX number you would not expect an interview before August/September 2014, and perhaps never (sorry, just my opinion). Because it will be so late, you'll have plenty of opportunity to watch the visa bulletins and keep your fingers crossed. Good luck!

+1

+1

You mean your country? Because your region is Europe. I was in the opinion that countries have quotas, but the law clearly states that people compete for the same regional quota. There is no mention of country quotas.

Obviously not every country can fill 3500, there are only about 16K visas available to whole Europe!

Every country has a specific number of selectees. If a country has 1000 selectees, chances are about 500 visas will be given, that's what we see from previous years. This is because some don't qualify, some don't care and some don't become current in time. Now, this year it may be little different because of 125K selectees notified.

There are 125,000 winning entries and 50,000 visas available. With 1.6-1.8 visa applicants per winning entries, that makes only 27,000-31,000 winning entries that will get visas. Looks more like 21-25% of chance.

1- You are assuming there are no gaps in 125K case numbers.
2- Regions have different quotas.
3- Nobody knows anything about the distribution of case numbers in each region.

Following are the only things we can assume based on past years and this year:

1- There could be about 16K visas available to Europe.
2- There could be about 30K selectees for Europe. But this year, this number could be 36K-39K based on 125K selected.
3- Every winning entry could have about 1.6 applicants (could be little different for Europe).
4- There are gaps in between case numbers.
6- Highest CN for Europe is ????? (say 55K).

From this point on, anything else is pure speculation. Based on 1,2,3, one could say EU winners have about 26-28% chance but that would not be accurate either, because chances are obviously different for low vs. high case numbers. As long as one doesn't know anything about how the CN are distributed, there is no way of knowing who will become current when.

+1

You mean your country? Because your region is Europe. I was in the opinion that countries have quotas, but the law clearly states that people compete for the same regional quota. There is no mention of country quotas.

Obviously not every country can fill 3500, there are only about 16K visas available to whole Europe!

Every country has a specific number of selectees. If a country has 1000 selectees, chances are about 500 visas will be given, that's what we see from previous years. This is because some don't qualify, some don't care and some don't become current in time. Now, this year it may be little different because of 125K selectees notified.

Yeah i meant my country. I found info somewhere that last year there was 2k interviews in the embassy with max. 3.5k cap per country.. I dont know if im thinkiing correctly but even if a country has a lot of selectees and quite low numbers they can still take only 3.5k visas from the total of 50k.

Yeah i meant my country. I found info somewhere that last year there was 2k interviews in the embassy with max. 3.5k cap per country.. I dont know if im thinkiing correctly but even if a country has a lot of selectees and quite low numbers they can still take only 3.5k visas from the total of 50k.
3500 is the maximum limit a country can get, it does not mean any country can get it.

If a country has 1000 selectees and 1.6 applicants per selectee, they can possibly get at most 1600 visas obviously. What I'm saying is; even that does not look likely because number of selectees vs. number of visas issued has been about 2:1 so it'd be like 500 visas for that country.

And it makes sense because DoS picks about twice as many selectees as visas available (except this year) and they wouldn't give visas to all selectees in one country or few countries all the way up to 3500 or whatever the actual number (like 1600 above) and starve all other countries. They need to maintain that 2:1 ratio in all countries.

Eu

Eu 38000. Heard someone from Germany sits on 52000.

In 2012 and 2011 I don't think they filled the quota.

3500 is the maximum limit a country can get, it does not mean any country can get it.

If a country has 1000 selectees and 1.6 applicants per selectee, they can possibly get at most 1600 visas obviously. What I'm saying is; even that does not look likely because number of selectees vs. number of visas issued has been about 2:1 so it'd be like 500 visas for that country.

And it makes sense because DoS picks about twice as many selectees as visas available (except this year) and they wouldn't give visas to all selectees in one country or few countries all the way up to 3500 or whatever the actual number (like 1600 above) and starve all other countries. They need to maintain that 2:1 ratio in all countries.

Does it mean my chances depend not only on the value of rejected selectess but also on the number of selectees from my country or from the whole region ?

Eu 38000. Heard someone from Germany sits on 52000.

In 2012 and 2011 I don't think they filled the quota.

Which quota? In 2011, 51,118 visas were issued. In 2012, 34,463 visas were issued due to the canceled lottery mishap. For Germany, it was 860/1895 in 2011, and 595/1709 in 2012, again due to the mishap.

Does it mean my chances depend not only on the value of rejected selectess but also on the number of selectees from my country or from the whole region ?

Your chances depend on how many people got the visa in your region before your interview. Nothing else.

EDIT: Well, that's not accurate. Let me rephrase: you'll have a chance to get a visa, if people have not already depleted your region's quota before your interview.

1- You are assuming there are no gaps in 125K case numbers.
2- Regions have different quotas.
3- Nobody knows anything about the distribution of case numbers in each region.

Following are the only things we can assume based on past years and this year:

1- There could be about 16K visas available to Europe.
2- There could be about 30K selectees for Europe. But this year, this number could be 36K-39K based on 125K selected.
3- Every winning entry could have about 1.6 applicants (could be little different for Europe).
4- There are gaps in between case numbers.
6- Highest CN for Europe is ????? (say 55K).

From this point on, anything else is pure speculation. Based on 1,2,3, one could say EU winners have about 26-28% chance but that would not be accurate either, because chances are obviously different for low vs. high case numbers. As long as one doesn't know anything about how the CN are distributed, there is no way of knowing who will become current when.

Yes, agreed. We are saying the same thing. Because there will be gaps, the odds will likely be much higher than 21-25%. Sorry if I was not clear enough.