• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, finally the GC came in mail today. BUT the date of birth printed is wrong. Called the USCIS Customer Services Number and the advised to fill I90 and send the form back with GC. Anyone been through this and does it affect anything else ?

Hi guys,

For some reason I was just lately noticed of my wining of 2014 visa lottery. I sent my documents to KCC and they got back to me in email and asked me to confirm if I am eligible for AOS. I called AOS but the officer doesn't seem to exactly know what I am asking him. So, literally he read over a document on the phone and said yes you are! I am here on F1 visa. Do you guys think that it would make me eligible for AOS? KCC also wanted me to send the DV Fee after I getting confirmation of this to U.S. Department of State in Missouri. Should I mail them just the money order?! Is there any other document that needs to be attached?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Woah there tiger. Don't go sending money anywhere yet - stop and take a breath and make sure you do this right. There are some steps you need to take. You can adjust from F1 status, but you must have been in status for a start.

Next, you need to know when you will be current. Your case number will be something like mine shown below. 2014-two letters-then a number. Quote the number here, hiding the last 3 digits like I have in my sig below.

Then you wll need to read this thread which has all the information you need to process your aos. You should also have read the instructions by now (but it is clear that you haven't). The people in this thread are very experienced and helpful - they will answer your questions, but it will help if you know something about the process, by reading as much as you can from this thread. There is also an excel document that describes exactly how to compile your application pack and how to process the case.

Congratulations and good luck.

Hi guys,
I want to find out two things.
1) When you do a walk in, did you just go to the ASC unannounced? Anybody turned away before? My worry is if the office had appointments back to back on the day I go...
2) According to the HHS poverty guidelines a family of two should have $19387. What is the value for a single person? Is it half of this value. I dont want to file I-134, instead I want to show my bank statement. So I'm trying find out the minimum I should have to convince the FO and then actually I can start saving for that...:D

Thanks.

1. Yes some people have been turned away from a unscheduled walk in - but some have succeeded (sometimes on the second attempt).
2. About $10k for one.

I updated my address on my DS-122 about 2 months ago and last week I updated my I-20 sent in the application for my work authorization (which will begin on Apr 24th) through my F-1 visa. My number will become current in May so I'll send my I-485 on April 1st. the form DS-122 goes to KCC which has nothing to do with USCIS. They are two separate offices.

It's a bit too early to say that you are safe.

You applied for OPT, which is a non-immigrant benefit, after having shown immigration intent by filing DSP-122. We will have to wait and see if that comes back to bite you in the back.

Please refrain from providing definitive advice to others unless you have done enough research.

Thanks Britsimon,

I have been reading this thread but I couldn't find exactly what I needed. My case number is 2014AS00007***. It is a somewhat large number and I think up to 3700 is current for Asia till today. So, I know my chances are not that high. I have been in US on F1 status for a year and half. Do you think that would make me eligible for AOS? The USCIS officer said yes but he was so hesitant!

For the DV fee, since I am already behind enough, I was thinking it is worth the risk and wanted to send the fee anyway. Do you think it is a bad idea? The email I got from KCC just gave me the destination address. Is there anything else I need to attach?

I really appreciate your help:)

Woah there tiger. Don't go sending money anywhere yet - stop and take a breath and make sure you do this right. There are some steps you need to take. You can adjust from F1 status, but you must have been in status for a start.

Next, you need to know when you will be current. Your case number will be something like mine shown below. 2014-two letters-then a number. Quote the number here, hiding the last 3 digits like I have in my sig below.

Then you wll need to read this thread which has all the information you need to process your aos. You should also have read the instructions by now (but it is clear that you haven't). The people in this thread are very experienced and helpful - they will answer your questions, but it will help if you know something about the process, by reading as much as you can from this thread. There is also an excel document that describes exactly how to compile your application pack and how to process the case.

Congratulations and good luck.

Hi guys,

For some reason I was just lately noticed of my wining of 2014 visa lottery. I sent my documents to KCC and they got back to me in email and asked me to confirm if I am eligible for AOS. I called AOS but the officer doesn't seem to exactly know what I am asking him. So, literally he read over a document on the phone and said yes you are! I am here on F1 visa. Do you guys think that it would make me eligible for AOS? KCC also wanted me to send the DV Fee after I getting confirmation of this to U.S. Department of State in Missouri. Should I mail them just the money order?! Is there any other document that needs to be attached?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Hi Mammad,

If you have legally entered the country, have never been out of status, and have not worked while not being authorized to hold a job, then you are eligible to do AOS.

Did you indicate that you would like to do AOS in your DSP-122?

BTW, what is your case number approximately?

Thanks Britsimon,

I have been reading this thread but I couldn't find exactly what I needed. My case number is 2014AS00007***. It is a somewhat large number and I think up to 3700 is current for Asia till today. So, I know my chances are not that high. I have been in US on F1 status for a year and half. Do you think that would make me eligible for AOS? The USCIS officer said yes but he was so hesitant!

For the DV fee, since I am already behind enough, I was thinking it is worth the risk and wanted to send the fee anyway. Do you think it is a bad idea? The email I got from KCC just gave me the destination address. Is there anything else I need to attach?

I really appreciate your help:)

OK you have a good number (April is now announced up to 5350), so you might be current in May or June. That does give you enough time to get ready for AOS. Others in this thread are better informed than I about AOS - so I will leave you in their capable hands.

I updated my address on my DS-122 about 2 months ago and last week I updated my I-20 sent in the application for my work authorization (which will begin on Apr 24th) through my F-1 visa. My number will become current in May so I'll send my I-485 on April 1st. the form DS-122 goes to KCC which has nothing to do with USCIS. They are two separate offices.
Bramb,
Thank you for replying to my concern. I was very hesitant to extend my I 20 after sending ds122. But now it seems like I will have no other options if I'm doing a AOS. I will have to extend my I 20?

You applied for OPT, which is a non-immigrant benefit, after having shown immigration intent by filing DSP-122. We will have to wait and see if that comes back to bite you in the back.

Please refrain from providing definitive advice to others unless you have done enough research.

C1984,
Does this mean extending I 20 is not safe after sending DS 122 and before sending I 485?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. For some reason ur comment made me happy :)
Hello llbk32,

The Biometrics appointment is pretty quick, depending on how many people are scheduled for your ASC. I did it in Miami and it took me 30 minutes (My wife, my son and myself). I was scheduled for 2:00 PM and I had no problem whatsoever. You will fill a form when you get there, and they are going to check your ID (passport in our case). Then, they will take your fingerprints electronically and a picture. Finally you put your signature electronically and you will be all set.

The Biodate is the date that appears on your Biometrics Appointment Notice (I 797C Notice of Action). The walk in means that some of our friends here went to the ASC some days before the actual day on the letter, and did the aforementioned process in advance.

Welcome to the final stage of the waiting game by the way!

Kind regards

Well i hope not or i'll be screwed!!

$ 11,490 to be more precise :)

LOL - well sort of. If you had $11,485, you wouldn't have failed the test - and likewise with $10k. The number for the approval is not precise (even though the poverty level tables are precise). Someone that has an ongoing income and is supporting themselves already in the US doesn't have to show the savings at all - assuming their income is adequate.

Oh this is good to know!
You know it's funny that I've been here for almost 8 years and I am still on a student visa, working my way from an English learning program into the PhD level. But having an F1 status doesn't allow me to work off campus, and my teaching assistantship is honestly to laugh about. But the good news is it is slightly above the Federal poverty level! :) So based on my graduate student income--albeit laughable--and based on the fact that for the past 8 years I've been able to somehow support myself (I am still alive), I can...submit my AOS application with no worries about Affidavit of Support?! :)

LOL - well sort of. If you had $11,485, you wouldn't have failed the test - and likewise with $10k. The number for the approval is not precise (even though the poverty level tables are precise). Someone that has an ongoing income and is supporting themselves already in the US doesn't have to show the savings at all - assuming their income is adequate.

Oh this is good to know!
You know it's funny that I've been here for almost 8 years and I am still on a student visa, working my way from an English learning program into the PhD level. But having an F1 status doesn't allow me to work off campus, and my teaching assistantship is honestly to laugh about. But the good news is it is slightly above the Federal poverty level! :) So based on my graduate student income--albeit laughable--and based on the fact that for the past 8 years I've been able to somehow support myself (I am still alive), I can...submit my AOS application with no worries about Affidavit of Support?! :)

Yes exactly - the fact that you have managed to stay alive and not rely on the government in those 8 years is proof in itself. They would have a hard time saying you would have a problem on financial grounds.

Obviously - still compile financial information to support your case, and still get the I-134 if it is easy to obtain - but if you don't have that, don't stress about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody,
Ten days ago I sent the cashier's check for the AOS fee payment. However, I just realized that I did not note my DV case number on the check!!!!. I included the DV case number in the information that I also sent to them, but is not on the check. They haven't mailed me back the receipt yet. Do you think this mistake could affect in anyway to my application. What should I do?

case

Hey all, Please take a look of my number is 2014AS10xxx from Nepal. Do you guys think it becomes current...?

BTW, I am going for AOS n Dallas FO.

Thanks .

I just found that my local field office moved to another place, do I have to do smth about it? Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.