• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2013 very late winner help please!

black_dixy

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I am from romania and I try to verify my dv last month june 20 and my husbend won.I write in some forums and thy say I still have time to sent my doc until september.case nr.2013EU00014xxx.I sent doc to kcc on 06.26.2013 company who delivery say was sent.I sent to kcc an e-mail to confirm and they answer me to sent them full name,case number and date birth in form dd/mm
/yyy.I sent agin in that form and answer was to provide full name,case nr'date of birth has anyone that problem I wish to know it some tipical form to sent? Or they not answer becouse our nr past?I see on vissa bulletin now its 33000 'please help thaks

Congratulations on winning - hopefully you have found out in time.

KCC don't answer emails quickly and you have sent the email at a busy time for them - so you may not get a quick reply. You could phone them if you like but if all you want to do is confirm they have the forms, you are wasting your time as you say the delivery was sent (received). If your package was signed for it would have been signed for by T Campbell. If it was, KCC received your documents. it DOES NOT matter that your number is passed - they will now process it anyway. They will set up an appointment at the consular office you requested. If you keep checking the site where you found your husband won, you will see the letter will hange to an appointment letter. Check that daily until it changes.

You will need to do everything very quickly to be ready to have your interview. You MUST complete the process by September 30, otherwise you won't get the Green Cards.

Some things to check to make sure you are ready...
- Did you complete the forms correctly. Important details are to include ALL children, and have 230 forms for all family members (you and your children)who will want the green card.
- Make sure your husband meets EITHER the education or work experience criteria and can prove it.
- Make sure you can satisfy the financial support criteria (prove you won't become a public burden)
- Gather all the documents such as birth certificates, marriage certs, previous divorce certs - check very carefully the other required documents for your consular office.
- You will need police certificates - start obtaining those.
- Make sure you understand the medical exam information. If you can, gather your vaccination information.

If you are serious about getting the green card you should take some time to read as much as possible in this forum. Feel free to ask any questions you like, but you will need to become expert on your own case in a short time to avoid mistakes. You don't have time for mistakes...

Best of luck.

you received this from KCC:
When inquiring about the status of your case, you must provide your full
name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format
(MMDDYYYY). For security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information
regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information.

You could try it like this: subject of email: case number ....xxxx

Case Number: ......xxxx
PA name: (surname, name)
Date of Birth: 00000000 without / / /[/B] not 06/26/2013, like this: 06262013
Preference Category: DV DIVERSITY
Foreign State Chargeability: (write name of your state)

I would like to make sure that our documentation (sent to KCC on ....2013) was received ...
Sincerely,

You can wait for 15 days, but it can be longer, 1 month or even up to 2 month for the answer.
With a date of birth I do not understand why it i incorrect

Congratulations on winning - hopefully you have found out in time.

KCC don't answer emails quickly and you have sent the email at a busy time for them - so you may not get a quick reply. You could phone them if you like but if all you want to do is confirm they have the forms, you are wasting your time as you say the delivery was sent (received). If your package was signed for it would have been signed for by T Campbell. If it was, KCC received your documents. it DOES NOT matter that your number is passed - they will now process it anyway. They will set up an appointment at the consular office you requested. If you keep checking the site where you found your husband won, you will see the letter will hange to an appointment letter. Check that daily until it changes.

You will need to do everything very quickly to be ready to have your interview. You MUST complete the process by September 30, otherwise you won't get the Green Cards.

Some things to check to make sure you are ready...
- Did you complete the forms correctly. Important details are to include ALL children, and have 230 forms for all family members (you and your children)who will want the green card.
- Make sure your husband meets EITHER the education or work experience criteria and can prove it.
- Make sure you can satisfy the financial support criteria (prove you won't become a public burden)
- Gather all the documents such as birth certificates, marriage certs, previous divorce certs - check very carefully the other required documents for your consular office.
- You will need police certificates - start obtaining those.
- Make sure you understand the medical exam information. If you can, gather your vaccination information.

If you are serious about getting the green card you should take some time to read as much as possible in this forum. Feel free to ask any questions you like, but you will need to become expert on your own case in a short time to avoid mistakes. You don't have time for mistakes...

Best of luck.
Thank you
You give me litlle bit of hope.right I must become an expert,until now I think no mistake,better I ask 3times then do some wrong.we have police certificates,financiar support from my friends from california they have a bussines with elderly people and they send me a letter for embassy who say give us a job and a place to live. Have certificate with study'certificate with experience in job for 20 yr ( my husbend its plumber)I think we have almost all,exept kcc answer'sorryy if I make mistakes my english its poor.thank again I will ask you if I need

Black_dixy,

As you husband is the winner he must meet certain criteria himself. Being a plumber will NOT be a qualifying profession, so it is very important that his education meets the criteria (being equivalent to a US High School education). I don't know the Romanian education system so I think you should post here his highest level of education experience in some detail. If his training was job based (toward being a plumber) that may not be enough. I am not trying to scare you, just trying to make sure you don't have a problem...

Simon

Black_dixy,

As you husband is the winner he must meet certain criteria himself. Being a plumber will NOT be a qualifying profession, so it is very important that his education meets the criteria (being equivalent to a US High School education). I don't know the Romanian education system so I think you should post here his highest level of education experience in some detail. If his training was job based (toward being a plumber) that may not be enough. I am not trying to scare you, just trying to make sure you don't have a problem...

Simon

+1!

Black_dixy,

Simon

Yes, Simon is right, the qualification based on Job level should meet the Qualifications in the last 5 years with at least 2 years in a level between 7 to 8, its mentioned in the 4 steps linked after you do your status check, but if he as secondary school certificate that would be Ok as per my understanding.

but if he as secondary school certificate that would be Ok as per my understanding.

We have to be careful about this because Education standards and methods vary greatly by country and are changing. The DV lottery program wants someone who has completed High school. At that level a person can enter a University (college as Americans call it).

In the UK for example children were (up until this year) able to leave our "high school" at the age of 16. We then did optional further education for 2 years (we call that 6th form or college) which would be the minimum requirement to begin University. Therefore, someone without the 2 years of optional education would NOT be qualified sufficiently for the DV program.

In Romania the system I know changed in 2004 and since that time students take a national test at 14 or 15 to see if they can go on to high school. If they do not get a high enough grade they would be offered a place in a trade school. In that case, again, I don't think the person would be qualified for the DV lottery program.

Black_dixy,

Simon

My husbend have high scool ,and me too have baccalaureate diploma.i know that is an must

Yes, Simon is right, the qualification based on Job level should meet the Qualifications in the last 5 years with at least 2 years in a level between 7 to 8, its mentioned in the 4 steps linked after you do your status check, but if he as secondary school certificate that would be Ok as per my understanding.

Congrat for won
Right its a secondary school that and he have diploma for mechanic too but he work as a plumber

My husbend have high scool ,and me too have baccalaureate diploma.i know that is an must

Great, then that should be fine. FYI, your qualification does not matter in the DV process, only that of the winner. However, it will help give the CO confidence in your abilities to survive in the USA.

Congrat for won
Right its a secondary school that and he have diploma for mechanic too but he work as a plumber

thanks i wish you all the best, congrats and don't worry, start collecting all your civil documents, proofs etc, all will be just fine, also i suggest you read some very useful threads in this forum, by the way can you write your case number in signature, you can hide last 3 or 4 digits.

Your Case number has a format like this 2014EU00099999. The 2014 if the year. EU for Europe and then your number. What most people do is replace the last 3 digits with XXX so the number I just showed would become 2014EU00099XXX. You can see mine below.

Hello,
Finaly we have answer for kcc,we go to intreviw in 3 september 2013 ,thanks for all support ,I will come here after september 3.thanks again for all

That is great news. I had to laugh when I saw "finally" - most of us have many months to wait - while your experience has been much faster since you found out!!! Hope all goes well for you.

That is great news. I had to laugh when I saw "finally" - most of us have many months to wait - while your experience has been much faster since you found out!!! Hope all goes well for you.

hhhhhhhhhhh same comment, i think she has all the luck, but as per her comment, that means she got the appointment from KCC

good find!
Simon haaahaa .... Yes I simply came to me to think that I had a chance, in 3 weeks to find out that I had won and I'm getting to the interview schedule, now get ready to be all ok and soon, skislope anyway I will post on here from my experience that ...It really was an experience, it can be other lost:))) like me and will need.thank you so much for encouragement and useful advice
monica