• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2013 Under Administrative Processing

hello guys....some of my friends got put into AP....the medical report is sent to us embassy directly from the international organization for migration(IOM) in our country(Nepal).....they were told everythings ok but their medical report is not arrived at embassy....most of the people giving interview on the day were put on AP on the ground of medical....what is the reason guys??? does anyone faced this before?? please reply

hello guys....some of my friends got put into AP....the medical report is sent to us embassy directly from the international organization for migration(IOM) in our country(Nepal).....they were told everythings ok but their medical report is not arrived at embassy....most of the people giving interview on the day were put on AP on the ground of medical....what is the reason guys??? does anyone faced this before?? please reply

If your friend is medically fit, then I guess there should be no problem then. It will be only a matter of days before he gets his visa. Best of luck to him!!!!

is there chance of medical report being lost in embassy......IOM says they have delivered the report and embassy says the've not got till yet....whats the reason??/

is there chance of medical report being lost in embassy......IOM says they have delivered the report and embassy says the've not got till yet....whats the reason??/

How can we tell you what was the reason the medical has been lost. Get another one, it is not a big deal. The thing that matters the most is getting the DV visa, so go for another medical test!!!!

Any good news gabam!
I successfully crossed 100 days but there were many status updates during my pending AP as below.....

February 20, 2013
March 29, 2013
April 25, 2013
and last one is
May 10,2013

its seems anything good news soon!

Any good news gabam!
I successfully crossed 100 days but there were many status updates during my pending AP as below.....

February 20, 2013
March 29, 2013
April 25, 2013
and last one is
May 10,2013

its seems anything good news soon!

Bro, I had an update as well, on 8th May. So, let's hope for the best!!!!!

CEAC status update

guys, Gabam and Sujath any good news yet ??
I would like to know guys do U get ur status updated regularly on the CEAC website or just when U send an inquiry e-mails to the empassy, coz my status has been updated more than 7 times till now but only when I contact the empassy by e-mail ,,,
hope U all the best :)

guys, Gabam and Sujath any good news yet ??
I would like to know guys do U get ur status updated regularly on the CEAC website or just when U send an inquiry e-mails to the empassy, coz my status has been updated more than 7 times till now but only when I contact the empassy by e-mail ,,,
hope U all the best :)
When you send an email inquiry to the embassy, you status gets updated. But, sometimes your status is updated even if you have not sent them an email inquiry, this is where the good news comes in. It shows that they are working on your case, and they have opened your case. I am happy because my status got updated while I didn't send them any emails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabam, you are correct,
I had inquired my pending AP through e-mail from the embassy on 10th May and at the same date there was an update on CEAC but my previous updates are not such like that. anyway best of luck gabam you will hear good news very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabam, you are correct,
I had inquired my pending AP through e-mail from the embassy on 10th May and at the same date there was an update on CEAC but my previous updates are not such like that. anyway best of luck gabam you will hear good news very soon.

Thanks bro, I hope we both hear good news soon. You deserve the good news more than me, you have spent enough time under the AP, it is time that they contact you. My well wishes to all of us!!!

Thanks bro, I hope we both hear good news soon. You deserve the good news more than me, you have spent enough time under the AP, it is time that they contact you. My well wishes to all of us!!!
Thanks a lot Dear, we both will get our visas soon.

Good news after frequent updates on CEA

Thanks a lot Dear, we both will get our visas soon.

HI Gabam and sujath,i have also been on AP FOR OVER 100DAYS AND THE STATUS HAS OF LATE BEEN UPDATED ,I HAD A FRIEND WHO WE WERE PUT ON AP SAME WEEK,HAS STATUS WAS UPDATED 3 CONSECUTIVE TIMES 10TH AND 13TH AND TODAY SHE WAS CALLED TO SEND THE PASSPORT ,I THINK THEY ARE WORKING ON OUR CASES AND SOON WE GET THE VISA

HI Gabam and sujath,i have also been on AP FOR OVER 100DAYS AND THE STATUS HAS OF LATE BEEN UPDATED ,I HAD A FRIEND WHO WE WERE PUT ON AP SAME WEEK,HAS STATUS WAS UPDATED 3 CONSECUTIVE TIMES 10TH AND 13TH AND TODAY SHE WAS CALLED TO SEND THE PASSPORT ,I THINK THEY ARE WORKING ON OUR CASES AND SOON WE GET THE VISA

Thanks dear for sharing this good news with us, it has certainly made us happy. Now we are even more hopeful than before. God willing, we will all hear the good news soon. My well wishes to everyone including myself!!!!!!

Dear jarmsbi,
Thanks to share your AP status updates and prediction of visa issue, really we are hopefully waiting to the good news now.
wishing your new journey

Folks,
My interview was yesterday and the consular told us our visas have been approved and kept our passports. Also asked to paid a delivery fee for the passports to be mailed to us once the visas are printed and ready. However; when I go to ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ to check the status of my application, it says Administrative Processing. Is the THE administrate processing you guys are talking here about or is it something else? I've noticed at the beginning of this thread other folks gotten some kind of a letter explaining what administrative processing is, but i've got none.

Folks,
My interview was yesterday and the consular told us our visas have been approved and kept our passports. Also asked to paid a delivery fee for the passports to be mailed to us once the visas are printed and ready. However; when I go to ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ to check the status of my application, it says Administrative Processing. Is the THE administrate processing you guys are talking here about or is it something else? I've noticed at the beginning of this thread other folks gotten some kind of a letter explaining what administrative processing is, but i've got none.

Hey creature,
i think this is THE admin proc. that everybody talks about here.

This happened to us too, we needed to give 1 tiny missing info (sent by email a few days after the interview), so they kept our passports. I checked about 10 times every day :) if there was any changes on ceac website, but for about a week there was only "administrative processing". However I got an email from the embassy few days later I provided the info, saying that our visas should be issued that week. Another few days later they changed "administrative processing" to "ready" and another couple of days later to "issued". And 13 days after our interview we received our passports with the visas inside. This happened in London.
So chin up and don`t worry, they don`t rush, it will change soon to "ISSUED".

Congrats anyway!

Hey creature,
i think this is THE admin proc. that everybody talks about here.

This happened to us too, we needed to give 1 tiny missing info (sent by email a few days after the interview), so they kept our passports. I checked about 10 times every day :) if there was any changes on ceac website, but for about a week there was only "administrative processing". However I got an email from the embassy few days later I provided the info, saying that our visas should be issued that week. Another few days later they changed "administrative processing" to "ready" and another couple of days later to "issued". And 13 days after our interview we received our passports with the visas inside. This happened in London.
So chin up and don`t worry, they don`t rush, it will change soon to "ISSUED".

Congrats anyway!

Thanks for this wonderful piece of information my friend. It has certainly add to our knowledge. I hope creature has got the answer to his query. Best of luck to everyone!!!!

Thanks zsofeeb. Yes, you were right the statues were changing as you said and this morning I've got "ISSUED". I think the "Administrative Processing" status appears on CEAC when the consular hands the case back to their back-office workers with a note/instruction in the system what they are supposed to do with it, e.g. chase more documents, check with other Gov agency and of course print the visa.

Thanks zsofeeb. Yes, you were right the statues were changing as you said and this morning I've got "ISSUED". I think the "Administrative Processing" status appears on CEAC when the consular hands the case back to their back-office workers with a note/instruction in the system what they are supposed to do with it, e.g. chase more documents, check with other Gov agency and of course print the visa.

I`m glad to hear. You will now get your visa soon.

I had my interview on 16 of may.
On 17 my status was 01 ( ready_...02 (ready).....03 ( ready)
On 20 return 01 (AP) .......02 (AP)..........03 (AP)
On 21 morning 01 (AP)........02 (issued).....03 (issued)

Can thay issue visas for my wife and son, without finnishing my AP ? (the winner is me)