• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2013 Under Administrative Processing

i've recently got my visa....now i'm worry about my study because i've to left it so can any body have any idea what can be done for continue of my study..?is there any credit transfer criteria that i could go through???

My friend, according to what I was told, you ll be to re do your studies , and our studies doesn't mean a lot in USA please, hurry up ,go and study in USA

My friend, according to what I was told, you ll be to re do your studies , and our studies doesn't mean a lot in USA please, hurry up ,go and study in USA
but unforutnately i'm the last year student.....so should i've to study again....?

i've recently got my visa....now i'm worry about my study because i've to left it so can any body have any idea what can be done for continue of my study..?is there any credit transfer criteria that i could go through???

My advise is to consider carefully how much time you need to finish your studies. Education in the USA is expensive and since you will have to get on your feet anyway, you might be able to save yourself re-doing a lot of your course.

So, you have up to 6 months to enter the USA. Once you have entered you can leave the USA for up to 12 months to finish whatever business you need to before you finally relocate. Would that be enough time to finish your studies?

but unforutnately i'm the last year student.....so should i've to study again....?

Right - so go to the USA in during a school break during the next few months. Use the trip as a fact finding trip. Then go back home and finish your studies - I assume you will complete by next summer...

Dear, I have got the same problem as you do. I have 4 months to get rid of my masters degree. So, after four months, I will be going to USA. I have worked and studied extremely hard for my masters, so I don't want to waste 4 years of my hardwork. Besides, education in US is very expensive, so I would like to have atleast a masters degree in IT before I settle in US.

My advise is to consider carefully how much time you need to finish your studies. Education in the USA is expensive and since you will have to get on your feet anyway, you might be able to save yourself re-doing a lot of your course.

So, you have up to 6 months to enter the USA. Once you have entered you can leave the USA for up to 12 months to finish whatever business you need to before you finally relocate. Would that be enough time to finish your studies?

Hi britsimon,

Need your advice... I like to enter US and return back to the country of residence for couple of months to sort and save some money.
Is it possible ?
The problem is the present job i have, i cannot take leave more than a week so Is it possible for me to enter US and stay one week and return back to the country of residence.
I heard for Green card one have to stay in US for 1 month..
My current visa is valid till 29th Feb...
When i enter US what are the steps i need take to acquire green card and how many days it takes to complete the steps for green gard.
Is necessary for me to stay in USA till i receive the green card physically?
Need assistance Thanks

Hi britsimon,

Need your advice... I like to enter US and return back to the country of residence for couple of months to sort and save some money.
Is it possible ?
The problem is the present job i have, i cannot take leave more than a week so Is it possible for me to enter US and stay one week and return back to the country of residence.
I heard for Green card one have to stay in US for 1 month..
My current visa is valid till 29th Feb...
When i enter US what are the steps i need take to acquire green card and how many days it takes to complete the steps for green gard.
Is necessary for me to stay in USA till i receive the green card physically?
Need assistance Thanks

Yes you can enter for a short period of time and leave again. You can leave for up to 12 months, but less is better.

When you enter the immigration official will process your paperwork that you will carry with you. That will mean you are a LPR, but you need to pay the fee to get the Green Card itself. As long as the GC can be sent somewhere safely in your absence then no problem you don't have to have the GC itself to re-enter the next time. If it arrives whilst you are back home you could have it sent to you by courier if you wanted - your call.

Yes you can enter for a short period of time and leave again. You can leave for up to 12 months, but less is better.

When you enter the immigration official will process your paperwork that you will carry with you. That will mean you are a LPR, but you need to pay the fee to get the Green Card itself. As long as the GC can be sent somewhere safely in your absence then no problem you don't have to have the GC itself to re-enter the next time. If it arrives whilst you are back home you could have it sent to you by courier if you wanted - your call.

Thanks for the reply & assistance..
Is it possible for me to enter US and stay for 3 to 4 days and return back..

Green card processing will it be done at the Airport itself or i have to visit some office...

Sorry for posting very stupid questions...thanks

Thanks for the reply & assistance..
Is it possible for me to enter US and stay for 3 to 4 days and return back..

Green card processing will it be done at the Airport itself or i have to visit some office...

Sorry for posting very stupid questions...thanks

Your paperwork is processed right there with you at the airport.

Yes you can stay just a few days...

Hello guys,

It is been a long time since I hear from you :) .. How are you? Did you set your plans ? When are you planning to travel to US ?
Anybody knows which thread is for the Procedures and requirements after obtaining the Immigration Visa ? Do you know another website for all the needed information??
Wish you all best of luck.

My dearest friends,
I hope you're all fine and doing well. Right now I am trying my best to keep appearing on this forum so that I could help you guys with everything. Although I know nothing exceptional, but I've always tried my best to help my forum-mates with anything I know. And I will still keep trying to appear on the forum and study all the threads. But, suppose I don't get enough time to keep doing so, then in that case, please forgive me. If anyone of you guys have any query etc, I am leaving my email address here. You can contact me anytime you want, Thanks.

My email address:

gabriel.ameen@gmail.com

My heartfelt well wishes to all my beautiful and lovely friends. May you have your interviews as smooth as possible.
Best of luck!!!!

WHAT AN AMERICA (please give me a better title)

There is a cultural shock for visitors esp from Africa. It is like being in a long dream cos what you experience seems to be alien and unreal till many months later.

TRANSPORT. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WALKING BESIDE THE ROAD. A personal car is a basic need just like food, clothing, shelter, fresh air, appropriate temperature and healthcare. Did I hear some psychology lecturer add sex to this list?

SECURITY. I can say that it is superb. There is no fear of leaving your house unlocked cos more often than not, you will return to get everything as you left it.

AIRPORT& OTHER PORTS OF ENTRY. There are extreme security checks....you can't evade them. My Kenyan notes were tested 4 times in different machines to see if they are safe. My wimbi flour was subjected to extreme scrutiny ....samples were mixed with various chemicals as well as machines to see if it is safe. Royco was not spared either. There are sniffer dogs touching each of you. After what seemes like a century, when the security guards are about 40% satisfied with their work, you are told to hand over everything in your pockets, remove your coats, belt, shoes even shirt calf-rings then pass through some detector that seems to be like an X-ray that scans your body to ensure nothing is under your skin/stomach/intestines that isn't safe for America. The same process is repeated in like 3 or more sections before you go to a waiting area. Finger prints are taken and compared with the ones already in their system from their embassy in Kenya. They then take 3 or more minutes comparing the photo on the passport and you just to make sure you are the one and the same person not your clone or twin.

TRAFFIC LAWS. You may not see a single askari but everybody seems to be observing road signs. Try breaking one and you wont go 10Km before you hear a siren then get yourself in a cell. When you are caught, the Police system registers your discussion with the police and transmits it to a central system. Try bribing the police and you will be in jail ASAP. once you break the rule, your number plate is taken and data entered so that any police sees what you have done. Do some mistakes and you lose your Driving Licence. Hidden cameras and recorders are everywhere.

NATIONAL ID. Driving Licence is the national ID here. you know what I mean? It is needed to get a job, a bank account, a phone etc.

LAUNDRY- most homes have a cloth washing machine, drier etc. there is no hanging of clothes outside to dry.Whats your say our Kenyan women?

TV & INTERNET. There is cable TV which you pay for per month with or without internet. There is unlimited internet connection.

SHOPPING. There are no kiosks or soko. There are only malls like our westgate or sarit centre. You cant even know it from outside. It is just quite. This is where you buy your sukuma wiki....other foodstuff, clothes etc. No mama mboga, no hawking, no msona viatu on the roadside. Even in the city, you will hardly see somebody walking.

KITCHEN. A fridge is a basic need cos you shop once in a while, microwave, gas cookers etc are necessities.

AIR CONDITIONING/HEATING SYSTEM- houses are air-conditioned cos you cant stay without one esp in Minnesota etc. The outside environment esp in winter is freezing. You cant even go out. Even your car has heating system otherwise you freeze.

You cannot predict time using the position of the sun. 3 pm sun in winter is like 7.30 am sun in Kenya. It never comes to overhead position. Even with the sun, the environment is just too cold.

PHONE: most of them are post paid with no SIM cards. local calls are free but calling to Kenya can cost $8 a minute. you cant own a phone minus SSN-social security number, you cant open bank account without SSN

JOBS: No job without SSN. SSN is an equivalent of a kenyan KRA PIN. Remember, 50 years after independence and it is now that we are trying to have it. in USA, you only get SSN if you have a legal status. coming with a student visa doent allow you to work yet you are supposed to pay fees of about $7000. Most Africans do 3 or more jobs and go to school at the same time to make ends meet. No time even for yourself. Bills and tax force you to work extremely hard. Taxes are paid for all payments otherwise you risk facing the law. There are little or no lies here.

TIME MANAGEMENT. 7 am means 6.59 am, 30 minutes break means 29.59 minutes. Failure to observe time can cost your job. You are paid for work done.

RELATIONSHIPS: try making a woman PG and you will work for the kid and mother for 18 years. You cant deny responsibility unless you want a jail term. you must learn to contain your libido otherwise you are out for a big shock. If yours isn't containable, try getting some "better" lass, tie the knot and settle down with her. Try as much as possible to stomach most of her bottlenecks since the law favors them so much. You have to compromise a lot to stay safe. It seems women are more than men here. The moment one gets you, she is in hurry to settle down with you since her eggs are running out of stock.

WOMEN RIGHTS. the law is good for them. try provoking her and all she will do is call some number. Within minutes, police are knocking at your door to take you for interrogation. Most women take advantage of this to exploit men.

CAR INSURANCE. Rule: Young is careless. If you are a youth, you pay more for your car insurance. If you break traffic laws, your insurance fee goes up for three years. if you break a rule again within those 3 years, it also increases as well as other fines. More mistakes, you lose your car cos you are not safe to others and yourself

ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION. try throwing a banana leaf anywhere and you face the law. A city council officer doesn't need to see you. All it takes is your neighbor or anybody who sees you to dial a number so that police come for you. with your number plate, the police know where you stay and they will follow you there in a matter of minutes. remember there are hidden cameras everywhere.

SOCIALIZATION. Most often than not, everybody minds his or her own business. Very rare to find some women gossiping. There is no time and place for such

WEATHER. Very cold esp in winter (remember am talking about Minnesota). You must prepare. Most of our Kenyan light cloths cant help here. Heavy jackets are necessary. jeans is almost a MUST even for those of us who associated it to Ujambazi

BILLS: prepare to pay highly for everything. rent, stima maji, gas, food, fuel, tax, insurance, entertainment, TV, internet etc. Even if you buy a house, the land where the house is standing belongs to city council, so you pay for it per month

********************MORE INFO TO COME LATER. ************

COPYRIGHT 2013

DISCLAIMER: USE THE INFORMATION ABOVE AT YOUR OWN RISK. — in Spring Lake Park, MN, United States.

Thanks Enoo. I don't know if you meant this as humorous but I was laughing out loud reading it!

There is a cultural shock for visitors esp from Africa. It is like being in a long dream cos what you experience seems to be alien and unreal till many months later.

TRANSPORT. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WALKING BESIDE THE ROAD. A personal car is a basic need just like food, clothing, shelter, fresh air, appropriate temperature and healthcare. Did I hear some psychology lecturer add sex to this list?

SECURITY. I can say that it is superb. There is no fear of leaving your house unlocked cos more often than not, you will return to get everything as you left it.

AIRPORT& OTHER PORTS OF ENTRY. There are extreme security checks....you can't evade them. My Kenyan notes were tested 4 times in different machines to see if they are safe. My wimbi flour was subjected to extreme scrutiny ....samples were mixed with various chemicals as well as machines to see if it is safe. Royco was not spared either. There are sniffer dogs touching each of you. After what seemes like a century, when the security guards are about 40% satisfied with their work, you are told to hand over everything in your pockets, remove your coats, belt, shoes even shirt calf-rings then pass through some detector that seems to be like an X-ray that scans your body to ensure nothing is under your skin/stomach/intestines that isn't safe for America. The same process is repeated in like 3 or more sections before you go to a waiting area. Finger prints are taken and compared with the ones already in their system from their embassy in Kenya. They then take 3 or more minutes comparing the photo on the passport and you just to make sure you are the one and the same person not your clone or twin.

TRAFFIC LAWS. You may not see a single askari but everybody seems to be observing road signs. Try breaking one and you wont go 10Km before you hear a siren then get yourself in a cell. When you are caught, the Police system registers your discussion with the police and transmits it to a central system. Try bribing the police and you will be in jail ASAP. once you break the rule, your number plate is taken and data entered so that any police sees what you have done. Do some mistakes and you lose your Driving Licence. Hidden cameras and recorders are everywhere.

NATIONAL ID. Driving Licence is the national ID here. you know what I mean? It is needed to get a job, a bank account, a phone etc.

LAUNDRY- most homes have a cloth washing machine, drier etc. there is no hanging of clothes outside to dry.Whats your say our Kenyan women?

TV & INTERNET. There is cable TV which you pay for per month with or without internet. There is unlimited internet connection.

SHOPPING. There are no kiosks or soko. There are only malls like our westgate or sarit centre. You cant even know it from outside. It is just quite. This is where you buy your sukuma wiki....other foodstuff, clothes etc. No mama mboga, no hawking, no msona viatu on the roadside. Even in the city, you will hardly see somebody walking.

KITCHEN. A fridge is a basic need cos you shop once in a while, microwave, gas cookers etc are necessities.

AIR CONDITIONING/HEATING SYSTEM- houses are air-conditioned cos you cant stay without one esp in Minnesota etc. The outside environment esp in winter is freezing. You cant even go out. Even your car has heating system otherwise you freeze.

You cannot predict time using the position of the sun. 3 pm sun in winter is like 7.30 am sun in Kenya. It never comes to overhead position. Even with the sun, the environment is just too cold.

PHONE: most of them are post paid with no SIM cards. local calls are free but calling to Kenya can cost $8 a minute. you cant own a phone minus SSN-social security number, you cant open bank account without SSN

JOBS: No job without SSN. SSN is an equivalent of a kenyan KRA PIN. Remember, 50 years after independence and it is now that we are trying to have it. in USA, you only get SSN if you have a legal status. coming with a student visa doent allow you to work yet you are supposed to pay fees of about $7000. Most Africans do 3 or more jobs and go to school at the same time to make ends meet. No time even for yourself. Bills and tax force you to work extremely hard. Taxes are paid for all payments otherwise you risk facing the law. There are little or no lies here.

TIME MANAGEMENT. 7 am means 6.59 am, 30 minutes break means 29.59 minutes. Failure to observe time can cost your job. You are paid for work done.

RELATIONSHIPS: try making a woman PG and you will work for the kid and mother for 18 years. You cant deny responsibility unless you want a jail term. you must learn to contain your libido otherwise you are out for a big shock. If yours isn't containable, try getting some "better" lass, tie the knot and settle down with her. Try as much as possible to stomach most of her bottlenecks since the law favors them so much. You have to compromise a lot to stay safe. It seems women are more than men here. The moment one gets you, she is in hurry to settle down with you since her eggs are running out of stock.

WOMEN RIGHTS. the law is good for them. try provoking her and all she will do is call some number. Within minutes, police are knocking at your door to take you for interrogation. Most women take advantage of this to exploit men.

CAR INSURANCE. Rule: Young is careless. If you are a youth, you pay more for your car insurance. If you break traffic laws, your insurance fee goes up for three years. if you break a rule again within those 3 years, it also increases as well as other fines. More mistakes, you lose your car cos you are not safe to others and yourself

ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION. try throwing a banana leaf anywhere and you face the law. A city council officer doesn't need to see you. All it takes is your neighbor or anybody who sees you to dial a number so that police come for you. with your number plate, the police know where you stay and they will follow you there in a matter of minutes. remember there are hidden cameras everywhere.

SOCIALIZATION. Most often than not, everybody minds his or her own business. Very rare to find some women gossiping. There is no time and place for such

WEATHER. Very cold esp in winter (remember am talking about Minnesota). You must prepare. Most of our Kenyan light cloths cant help here. Heavy jackets are necessary. jeans is almost a MUST even for those of us who associated it to Ujambazi

BILLS: prepare to pay highly for everything. rent, stima maji, gas, food, fuel, tax, insurance, entertainment, TV, internet etc. Even if you buy a house, the land where the house is standing belongs to city council, so you pay for it per month

COPYRIGHT 2013

DISCLAIMER: USE THE INFORMATION ABOVE AT YOUR OWN RISK. — in Spring Lake Park, MN, United States.

Awesome post enoo, and something that should probably be made a sticky for African winners!

Britsimon ... I don't think it was intended as humorous! It shows starkly the differences between the way things work in many parts of Africa and how they work in the US. The ones that caught my eye were the attitudes towards women, regard for road rules, and "African time".

Enoo, who are Ujambazi?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome post enoo, and something that should probably be made a sticky for African winners!

Britsimon ... I don't think it was intended as humorous! It shows starkly the differences between the way things work in many parts of Africa and how they work in the US. The ones that caught my eye were the attitudes towards women, regard for road rules, and "African time".

Amazing. If it isn't humorous then YES it should be required reading for some!

Hahahahhah , very interesting to read ....I was about to die of laughing , ...ok thx a lot Enno, you re my friend now .

COPYRIGHT 2013

Nice post Enoo,thanks and it gives us a better understanding of other culture mostly for us african

COPYRIGHT 2013

Enno
U really got a funny way to give precious information lol
If I had a button like facebook I would like it 10 time. Thanks man

Need your help mates,

when I filled my forms I made a mistake on the" Permanent address in the united States where you intend to live. ...." I wrote a wrong phone number mistaking 80 to 08 , I ve just realized this mistake bcs I was about to call this person for some information. In addition this host person changed his address recently !! so, I need your help for the following questions:
1.what shall I do?
2.is there any negative impact on my case ?
3. will the KCC contact this address to confirm its authenticity ?
4. May I write to KCC to correct that mistake?

Last edited by a moderator: