• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2013 Selectee

Lazder

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, played green card loterry, not expecting much at all, somehow managed to get selected for further processing. I am just wondering how good are my chances of actually getting it with EU case number in high 16 000 and what time around will my interview be? I know people say to check for previous data, but I never made sense of it :( I already filled and sent documents to Kentucky with pictures, now going to fish for all documents and translate them into English which is going to cost me a fortune and take ages, since I and my family travelled a lot in USSR area and getting police records from each country I`ve been for more than 6 months is going to be hell since Soviet Union no longer exist, but I guess it has to be done...

You guys have any tips for me on this process? I am not using a company to do stuff for me...

So mainly I am wondering how good my chances are of winning with 2013EU case number in high 16 000 and when interview will be.

Actually while I am here, what kind of things do they do to you during medical check up?? apart from X-Rays, is it all very serious?

US London Embassy will process the documents

Foreign State Chargeability: RUSSIA

I currently live in UK with Lithuanian passport, so yeah it is all very difficult.

Sorry if I posted it in wrong format and in wrong place, kinda in a rush :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,

If you are looking for an easy way to get a green card, this is not it. It is very involved, and you will need precise information. If you have alot of documents and have done alot of traveling, it is going to take a lot of time to get all of your stuff together. The medical involves alot, including urine, blood and vaccinations, as well as a full body examination. You need to be committed to get this process right. If you are not going to do everything properly, or not pay someone to-you are wasting your time.

Hi guys, played green card loterry, not expecting much at all, somehow managed to get selected for further processing. I am just wondering how good are my chances of actually getting it with EU case number in high 16 000 and what time around will my interview be? I know people say to check for previous data, but I never made sense of it :(

The visa bulletins always seemed so mysterious to me too at one time but once selected, I made it my business to understand them. An EU case number of 16xxx doesn't seem that high at all, compared to other regions. I looked at this year's Visa Bulletins and see that EU rank numbers below 16,500 were in January. So, as a rough guide, you can expect an interview around February of 2013, give or take a month - maybe January, maybe March. This is around the same time that I can expect an interview with my OC case number of 7xx. As to your chances? Nobody can answer that as it would depend on whether you meet the qualifications.

So mainly I am wondering how good my chances are of winning with 2013EU case number in high 16 000 and when interview will be.

The case number would likely be the least of your problems. First, make sure you have one of the two main qualifications: high school diploma or equivalent OR 2 years experience in the last 5 years in an approved occupation. Only then would I go down the hellish path of gathering and translating all those documents, given your nomadic life :) But mainly: do you really, really, really want to move to the US? It'll be a huge move, with many risks, and will probably make your document gathering and translating feel like a walk in the park in comparison.

All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview date?

Hi all,

I have a similar situation as Lazder. Me and my spouse have lived in many countries since we are 16 and getting the police records from everywhere is not an easy task, especially considering that we need to get from Peru, Argentina, south Africa, Switzerland, Spain, etc. Do you recommend getting them ASAP or wait until I get the 2NL? The police records dont expire after 3 months or so? We have all the other paperwork done and the translator waiting for us.
I also lived in the us under a J-1 visa. I don't believe I need to get my police records from us right? They should have it all in my SSN!
Also, my CN is 2013EU000010xxx. When do you think my interview will be? I just read the last bulletin and Europe cut off is 7000. Quite low right? What do you think?

Thank you so much? Hope you can answer my questions

DV2013EU00010xxx
Entry Checked:May 1,2012
Forms sent to KCC:June 18th,2012(via FedEx)
Forms received by KCC:June 19th,2012
Confirmed by KCC by phone
2nd NL: NOT YET
Police C.O.G.C : NOT YET
Medicals: NOT YET
Interview: NOT YET

Urgent please

i registered the for lottery as a couple but we seperated before the result came out with me as the principal.
do i has any chance of passing if i go to the interview alone? this is urgent because my DS230 forms are ready for submission.

Hi all,

I have a similar situation as Lazder. Me and my spouse have lived in many countries since we are 16 and getting the police records from everywhere is not an easy task, especially considering that we need to get from Peru, Argentina, south Africa, Switzerland, Spain, etc. Do you recommend getting them ASAP or wait until I get the 2NL? The police records dont expire after 3 months or so? We have all the other paperwork done and the translator waiting for us.
I also lived in the us under a J-1 visa. I don't believe I need to get my police records from us right? They should have it all in my SSN!
Also, my CN is 2013EU000010xxx. When do you think my interview will be? I just read the last bulletin and Europe cut off is 7000. Quite low right? What do you think?

Thank you so much? Hope you can answer my questions

DV2013EU00010xxx
Entry Checked:May 1,2012
Forms sent to KCC:June 18th,2012(via FedEx)
Forms received by KCC:June 19th,2012
Confirmed by KCC by phone
2nd NL: NOT YET
Police C.O.G.C : NOT YET
Medicals: NOT YET
Interview: NOT YET

If your CN is over 10*** that means your interview, most likely, will happen i january (december cut off for Europe is 9250). I would recommend you to start getting all other documents. im sure in the next two weeks you will get you 2NL (next week, i think, visa bulletin for january should be available). if you lived in US you dont need police certificate. im in the same situation and this is what they said in consulate.
good luck!

Where you legally married as at the time you played the lottery? If yes, all you need is a divorce paper indicating the marriage is over, when you go for the interview. If you were not married and you claimed to be, then you have a completely different problem on your hands!

i registered the for lottery as a couple but we seperated before the result came out with me as the principal.
do i has any chance of passing if i go to the interview alone? this is urgent because my DS230 forms are ready for submission.

honestly we were not legally married, even now but we have been dating. i didnt actually take it this serious. please advise me on what to do because this is a rare opportunity. do i go and tell them the truth?

What`s next?

Hi Guys,
I`m so hopeless and puzzled too. I have been selected for further process on 1st May. I sent my photo and forms needed to Kentucky. Obtained all the papers I needed as well. And now I`m just waiting. I dont know what should happen now, or what I should do, I havent got any response, maybe I should call/email KCC or the consulate or what? Please somebody reassure me that`s the normal process. Or maybe I`m done, and have to try again next year?

Thanks
Sophie

what's you region and case number? based on the visa bulletin you can figure out when your interview can happen. you will be notified by email about the interview date approximately 6/8 weeks earlier.

what's you region and case number? based on the visa bulletin you can figure out when your interview can happen. you will be notified by email about the interview date approximately 6/8 weeks earlier.

My CN is 2013eu00019xxx, so it is lot more over 10000, as you wrote earlier, so I suppose my interview may be around Feb. At least I know this. But if you could tell me more info I would be greatfull. I have`t really found any reassuring details so far
Thanks for your answer.

Mate, with cn of 19k your interview will be in summer... Unless KCC decides to go bonkers... Chances of your interview happening in Feb are close to 0%... For January case number cut off is 10900 and its growing by around 2000 each month.

Im afraid Lazder is right and you have no chance for interview in January. with this speed you can wait till summer unless the numbers will jump more. you never know.
anyways.. the only thing you can do now is waiting. you can either call or email KKC to find out if they received your application and once they confirm that you have to wait. when your interview is scheduled you will get an email telling you to check the date on the entrance status check website. besides collecting necessary documents you can't do too much now.

Dziecka and Lazder,

thanks for answering. It it reassuring, really. I suppose I gonna drive my husband crazy telling him I screwed up something :D But it`s not me then... anyway, I`ll try to contact KKC too by email. I`m soo excited

And actually how do you know these cut off numbers? I`m not really aware of these clues...

Dziecka and Lazder,

thanks for answering. It it reassuring, really. I suppose I gonna drive my husband crazy telling him I screwed up something :D But it`s not me then... anyway, I`ll try to contact KKC too by email. I`m soo excited

And actually how do you know these cut off numbers? I`m not really aware of these clues...

Zsofeeb!

Check the website every month and you can see the cut-off numbers: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html