• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Can one still go and attend the interview if his/her medical final results are not yet out/still undergoing treatment? OR if one gets a delay in release of final medical examinations just re-schedules the interview.
Advice

Yes you can go to the interview without medicals and they will conduct ur interview and visa ca only be issued when they see ur results. We had that problem and we were interviewed. Even thou the clinic and Lab are still to give our results because they I asking me to carryout a test I have down 2month ago, so I'm mad.

Now that all of us kenyan DV 2013 selectees who have not been interviewed were told to go to KNEC and pay them to send confidential results to the Embassy, do we still need to take our KCSE certificates to the interview?
How do we know that the confidential results have been received by the embassy?
Is there a possibility of ones medical docs from IOM to be misplaced if you go for your medicals two months before the interview date?

Does it mean that nobody from this forum has gone for the interview lately? Do we have anybody DV 2013 scheduled for interviews after 20th september?

@enoo did you include your case number in the form you filled at knec when requesting for the confidential results to be sent to the embassy?

on average, How much does the cheapest one way ticket to USA from Kenya cost for the month of September?

on average, How much does the cheapest one way ticket to USA from Kenya cost for the month of September?

Just a thing about air tickets. You will sometimes find that roundtrip (return) tickets are cheaper than one way tickets. Always worth checking...

...it used to be illegal to buy round-trip ticket to be used for one direction back in the old days as far as I remember...... not sure how it works nowadays....

for cheap tickets you can try sites like kayak.com cheapflights.com expedia.com orbitz.com cheapoair.com and compare the results...

Good luck everybody.The closure of visa issuance for 2013 is really very near.Prepare thoroughly if you will be attending interviews in the coming couple of weeks.

I officially started the HARD times yesterday mixing work school and family. I am a diaspora now the real one, who have no time to even call friends and say hi. did is say friends oh no family back at home lol :cool: i wont that anyway. My classes started yesterday and am so OVERWHELMED hope to stand still on my goals and hit them one by one.

Makiki!!!Im also from Mombasa and actually quite keen to hear how you are settling in there.

hy pose am also from msa ,which part of msa are u at ! Wishin all the winanerr who are goin 2 have their interview success in their activities from kenya to the states and wishin all the best to those settling in america rememba God loves you !James 1:17 all good things comes from the almighty

2014AF00073xxx

...it used to be illegal to buy round-trip ticket to be used for one direction back in the old days as far as I remember...... not sure how it works nowadays....

for cheap tickets you can try sites like kayak.com cheapflights.com expedia.com orbitz.com cheapoair.com and compare the results...

When you say "illegal" I think you mean the airlines didn't want you to do it. As far as I know, very few countries will actually have a law that FORCES you to take a flight you have booked. As long as immigration isn't an issue (i.e. you have permission to stay), wasting a return ticket has never been "illegal" - it is the consumers choice.

By the way - I have done exactly that on many occasions - along with other tricks of a VERY frequent flyer. Obviously many airlines now price per leg, so those opportunities are less but still happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
True...times change...but I remember when I tried to place an phone order ( back in 2000, California) for a two-way ticket and I said I will use it for one direction because it's cheaper, the airline helpdesk guy started to yell on me about specific laws that do prohibit it etc....

However, if you have two or more leg flight, it's possible that airline may cancel your full trip, if you skip the first leg...... Nowadays, one-way tickets are much cheaper than it used to be. Back in the 1994-2005+ one-way tickets used to cost sometimes twice the round-trip price... now one-way trip usually costs less than 15-20% of a round trip... of course you should find the best deal around...

When you say "illegal" I think you mean the airlines didn't want you to do it. As far as I know, very few countries will actually have a law that FORCES you to take a flight you have booked. As long as immigration isn't an issue (i.e. you have permission to stay), wasting a return ticket has never been "illegal" - it is the consumers choice.

By the way - I have done exactly that on many occasions - along with other tricks of a VERY frequent flyer. Obviously many airlines now price per leg, so those opportunities are less but still happen.

True...times change...but I remember when I tried to place an phone order ( back in 2000, California) for a two-way ticket and I said I will use it for one direction because it's cheaper, the airline helpdesk guy started to yell on me about specific laws that do prohibit it etc....

However, if you have two or more leg flight, it's possible that airline may cancel your full trip, if you skip the first leg...... Nowadays, one-way tickets are much cheaper than it used to be. Back in the 1994-2005+ one-way tickets used to cost sometimes twice the round-trip price... now one-way trip usually costs less than 15-20% of a round trip... of course you should find the best deal around...

There has always been a problem with not using the outward ticket because as you say, the airline might cancel both ways. I would often abandon the return flight though. I would have pointed out to the phone guy that it is a free country.

Another ticket trick was that they would bump up the prices for "business travel" as opposed to tourist travel. They got you with Saturday night stopover. So if you wanted to be somewhere Mon - Friday they would rip you off. The solution was to buy a roundtrip for the outbound on a Monday and have the return for a week later (including Saturday night). Then by another roundtrip for the Friday. Since I often travelled to the same city for a few weeks I could book my tickets for one two week trip (Mon-Fri of the second week) and then one Friday to Monday. The airlines hated that, but if they gave me hassle I simply pointed out I could fly with their competitors - and that always shut them up. I have Million Miler accounts with AA and United - so I was doing that sort of thing very often...

t.maz

Yes I am sure you can still go. In my case I did my medicals last month early July but when I went to the embassy the doctor had not sent my medicals to the embassy but I was still given the visa while the embassy tries to locate them from the doctor.
My advise though is try and get your medicals in order coz as in my case that is what is hold the stamping of my visa.
And I promise you unless a life or death situation TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE NOT TO RESCHEDULE as you may have to wait a little longer to get another interview slot depending on how busy your embassy is so I personally don't advise rescheduling.

Yes you can go to the interview without medicals and they will conduct ur interview and visa ca only be issued when they see ur results. We had that problem and we were interviewed. Even thou the clinic and Lab are still to give our results because they I asking me to carryout a test I have down 2month ago, so I'm mad.
Thanks. My point is, I do not want to travel twice to Nairobi bcs am a Ugandan, I wanted to go do the medicals one week to the interview( most probably Nov this year) so that I make one journey since I have kids but my fear is that, they may find a health problem which may hinder release of our medical results and the embassy refuses to interview us without them.

You've been going on and on about the possibility of your kids' medical not coming out right. Why don't you get the kids checked out by a doctor in Uganda before the official medical exam in Kenya? And if the result shows up with TB scaring or something similar, they can begin treatment immediately.

Thanks. My point is, I do not want to travel twice to Nairobi bcs am a Ugandan, I wanted to go do the medicals one week to the interview( most probably Nov this year) so that I make one journey since I have kids but my fear is that, they may find a health problem which may hinder release of our medical results and the embassy refuses to interview us without them.