• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

mornin herica wishing all the best and God bls u and ya familly just remember God loves u and u will b through with the interview with ua visa remember JAMES 1:::17

2014AF0007*XX

I'm back in Nairobi to pick up our visas. Sadly, b'se my wife and son where both born in Nairobi, the embassy had accidentally indicated nationality as Kenyan on the visas, even though they are Ugandan passports. So I've sent them back to the embassy for correction.

SORRY ABOUT THAT BUT THEY ARE KENYANS :p

thank God ua testimony will strengthen our faith and for those doubtin the almighty will b proved wrong congrats madam i still wish u succces s with all your preparation and pliz dnt 4gt its the work of God .JAMES1:17

201AF00073xxx

Interview experience at US embassy Helsinki.

Our appointment was at 9:30, we arrived at 9:15, went through security then to waiting rooom. After few minutes we were called by a Finnish guy to the first window. Went alone cause our youngest daughter was screaming at the top of her voice, he asked me to hand over all our papers, he started by asking my university certs then i was waiting for what he was gonna ask next, he told me your birth cert and police records, i handed over all the documents he asked, then he ask me my husband police records and his birth cert and birth cert for the kids ( in the mean time i was praying so hard that he wont ask me my kcse cert cause i had some name problems, you all know, been mentioning here often) I was holding my and my husband kcse on my hand..... then he told me to pay and go and wait. He didnt even take my passport photos, he said the one on the medicals are enough ( wish i knew to save some euros). After half an hour we were called by finnish lady on window 2 to take finger prints, so we did and we had to go and wait again. Finally we were called by an American lady to window 3.
Interview was as follow.

CO: Are you the principle applicant?
Me: I answered yes
CO: Can you please sign these papers for me, sign yours and the one for the kids and your husband can sign his.
ME: ( didnt say anything, took a pen and sigh mine and my kids docs)
CO: Can you sign too yours ( handing over the paper to my husband)
CO: Let me check your medicals then i can ask you some few questions.
ME: I said ok ( while smiling)
CO: How long time have you been living here?
ME: Answered..
CO: mmh thats a long time,
ME: Said yes, its over 10 years
CO: What are you doing?
ME: Answered
CO: To my husband: sir and you, what are you doing here?
Hubby: Answered.
CO: Have you been living too here same time as your wife?
Hubby: Answered
CO: So you came here to get married
CO: Which state are you planning to go?
ME: answered
CO: Mmmh its really hot there.
Me: yes its is really warm
CO: Are you planning to move soon ?
Me: I said no
CO: After we issue visa, it will be valid for six months, does it sounds ok to you?
Me: I said yes.
CO: Everything seems ok, your visa will be ready within a week, you can come and collect yourself since you live in helsinki.
Me: We said thankyou and left smiling ( i was hurrying, i was thinking and if they realised they forgot to ask my kcse cert) We left happily thanking God.

It sounds like it was a long interview but it wasnt and the CO was so so so nice, so friendly. I want to thank each and every one of you, nickelly, makiki, dubai and just each one of you. It was quite an experience, to wait since May last year till now, waiting of the unknows, since we couldnt plan alot of things basing on the fact that, are we getting or not. Sorry for long message. God is FAITHFULL. Now im waiting for God to provide some dollars so i can start packing and leave for TEXAS to meet makiki and nickelly !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! this a house of winners

Our appointment was at 9:30, we arrived at 9:15, went through security then to waiting rooom. After few minutes we were called by a Finnish guy to the first window. Went alone cause our youngest daughter was screaming at the top of her voice, he asked me to hand over all our papers, he started by asking my university certs then i was waiting for what he was gonna ask next, he told me your birth cert and police records, i handed over all the documents he asked, then he ask me my husband police records and his birth cert and birth cert for the kids ( in the mean time i was praying so hard that he wont ask me my kcse cert cause i had some name problems, you all know, been mentioning here often) I was holding my and my husband kcse on my hand..... then he told me to pay and go and wait. He didnt even take my passport photos, he said the one on the medicals are enough ( wish i knew to save some euros). After half an hour we were called by finnish lady on window 2 to take finger prints, so we did and we had to go and wait again. Finally we were called by an American lady to window 3.
Interview was as follow.

CO: Can you please sign these papers for me, sign yours and the one for the kids and your husband can sign his.
CO: After we issue visa, it will be valid for six months, does it sounds ok to you?
CO: Everything seems ok, your visa will be ready within a week, you can come and collect yourself since you live in helsinki.
Me: We said thankyou and left smiling ( i was hurrying, i was thinking and if they realised they forgot to ask my kcse cert) We left happily thanking God.

It sounds like it was a long interview but it wasnt and the CO was so so so nice, so friendly. I want to thank each and every one of you, nickelly, makiki, dubai and just each one of you. It was quite an experience, to wait since May last year till now, waiting of the unknows, since we couldnt plan alot of things basing on the fact that, are we getting or not. Sorry for long message. God is FAITHFULL. Now im waiting for God to provide some dollars so i can start packing and leave for TEXAS to meet makiki and nickelly !!!!

All thing happen together for good for them that trust the Lord and are called according to His purpose, take heart dears it shall be well.
I'm back in Nairobi to pick up our visas. Sadly, b'se my wife and son where both born in Nairobi, the embassy had accidentally indicated nationality as Kenyan on the visas, even though they are Ugandan passports. So I've sent them back to the embassy for correction.

Interview was as follow.

Amazing..congrats!!!now you see you were worried for nothing!!

WELCOME Mushy, Who is the Principal you or the wife, need to have details so that we can help you. Go through the previous threads you will be loaded with information, send your documents early in order to secure yourself ( 1st come 1st Served) through E mail its much faster coz your case number is very high.:)

i am the principle applicant and i have already sent my documents to KCC and i called to confirmed and its confirmed, i want to know much about medical and interview, i got married in India and then i moved to Kenya to accompany my wife and we are living here

place of birth indicated in the passport is more like my tribe is that the case with your passports?

Place of birth is where you were born e.g Nyeri, Machakos....it appears in both your passport and birth certificate if you're Kenyan.

I have a church marriage and have pictures as evidence plus the marriage certificate issued by the church. Do I need to go and register the marriage or the church certificate is enough at the interview. Advice me my seniors.
Ugandan case[/QUO

A church marriage certificate should be good enough because the church certificates are actually issued by the government as a booklet. So the church is certified by the government to carry out weddings. i believe

Am in the same boat from Uganda, as long as your church is recognised by goverment all church marriages are registered and so the certificate issued by the Church is sufficient enough and valid.

True, marriage certificates are actually issued by the governemnt to the church as a booklet. So your church should be registered by the government