• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

2ND DAY MEDICALS.unlike the first day this was a long day.to the nurses room weight,height,eyesight blood pressure was checked.To the doctor full body checkup is done,here you undress.Vaccination is the last bit n abit traumatising for those that are scared of needles n the kids by this time it was past 1.00pm.we were told to collect our xray at the reception but were not ready n were to collect another day even if it is after the interview.Now no big envelope for xray they now give cds.i met quite a number of dv winners none of them had an idea of the forum,bt i introduce them to the thread.THANK G
OD YOU ARE PART OF THIS FAMILY YOU ARE MORE EQUIPED.

2ND DAY MEDICALS.unlike the first day this was a long day.to the nurses room weight,height,eyesight blood pressure was checked.To the doctor full body checkup is done,here you undress.Vaccination is the last bit n abit traumatising for those that are scared of needles n the kids by this time it was past 1.00pm.we were told to collect our xray at the reception but were not ready n were to collect another day even if it is after the interview.Now no big envelope for xray they now give cds.i met quite a number of dv winners none of them had an idea of the forum,bt i introduce them to the thread.THANK G

Interesting how they put you through more instead of what I had to go through here. They only did the basic checks (blood pressure, weight, height and a blood test) then took me to the doctor for a basic body checkup (and I wasn't made to strip lol) but he checked for lumps in certain spots, my breathing and that was pretty much it then told me what vaccinations I needed (they stabbed my arm four bloody times in one morning!!!) and to get my x-ray and that was it.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 21st June 2013
Medicals - Completed 24th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013
Bank Statements - 22nd July 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania
Visa Pick up - Hopefully August 11th 2013
Departure Date - August 17th 2013
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

DV visas are processed in nairobi for our part of the world. Ugandan embassy handles other types of immigrant visas. So, just organise the dimes for the nairobi trip. Cheers!
Dear fellow Ugandan selectees, I landed on the information below at the US embassy Kampala website. Is it true we can do medicals from Uganda without traveling to Kenya. Has any DV selectee used this service or it does not apply in our case
"Panel Physician Information for Immigrant Visa Applicant Medical Examinations

Effective July 1, 2010, the U.S. Mission to Kampala’s Consular Section will begin utilizing the services of Dr. Abdu Ali, International Organization for Migration (IOM), as Embassy panel physician for purposes of conducting medical examinations for all Immigrant Visa applicants.

IOM is located at:

Plot 40 Mackenzie Vale, Kololo
P.O. Box 11431 Kampala, Uganda
Telephone: 0414-236-622 or 0312-261-179

IOM’s working hours are:

Monday to Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am to 2:00pm

Please contact IOM at the above phone number to schedule an appointment and ensure that you take the following with you to your appointment:

Two (2) passport photos of the applicant (size 2” x 2”)
Valid photo identification for all present at the appointment
Previous medical reports (if any)
Immunization records (if any)

On completion of the medical examination, IOM will forward the medical paperwork to the Consular Section for review and further processing"

Hello Guyz,
I don't know if I'm the only Nigerian on this thread but kudos to you Kenyan Guyz. you've been making the DV stuff easier with info... This thread is the best so far... God bless PAPASAN who created the thread and every contributor so far...

I faced the CO yesterday and here are the details...

I arrived with my family @ Victoria Island @ 6:10am (we were scheduled 7am)... we passed through the security and was later told to find a way to dispose every device using battery and other chemically induced stuffs such as powders, cameras, phones, oil, make-up kits etc and was instructed to open all envelops including medicals... and was passed in...

Inside:

We were given a ticket with numbers which started with letter 'B' (B stands for immigrants while A stands for non-immigrants)... and was called according to numbers. firstly to pay, secondly to submit documents and lastly for interview proper...

Here's the interview:
CO: who won?
ME: I did
CO: Raise your hands and swear all the information you provided are true and genuine to the best of your knowledge.
Family: We did

He instructed us to do the fingerprints... myself and my wife did... my kid was just troubling the CO and he was playing with him all through.

CO: When did you finish your secondary school?
ME: Told him.
CO: What's your highest level of education...
ME: I told him... ( Mind you: All I did after my Secondary education was went to a computer school (vocational) where I got Certificate in Desktop Publishing)
CO: What do you do for a living?
ME: I'm a Graphic Designer
CO: Since when have you been designing Graphics
ME: 2002

Then he handed the paper containing the address for pick-up... told me it will take 5 working days... and that was all...

It's God's favor at work because this same guy scolded a lady for about 22mins before us... I never prayed to be interviewed by him. Unknown to me my wife was having the same thought as mine but he was the one that called us and God did it...

To GOD be the glory... Wishing every one facing the COs in the remaining months of the 2013 fiscal year a success and 2014 guyz, the LORD GOD OF HOST will work for you too...

Well be back from medicals Julianna, tell us about the skin test for TB in children, is it done on day 2 of medicals? Are all vaccinations done through injections? how much did it cost you and family?

Kika, I have two kids, moving them more than once to Nairobi is still a challenge to me
DV visas are processed in nairobi for our part of the world. Ugandan embassy handles other types of immigrant visas. So, just organise the dimes for the nairobi trip. Cheers!

Well be back from medicals Julianna, tell us about the skin test for TB in children, is it done on day 2 of medicals? Are all vaccinations done through injections? how much did it cost you and family?

Children skin test for TB is done the first day so that the results are out after 72hrs.They use a needle and preak at the upper part of the right hand then they mark that part.All vaccination are done through injections we had 3 and the children 4.We paid 82k,vaccinations cards for the children will save you some cash so dont forget to carry them.

I have a church marriage and have pictures as evidence plus the marriage certificate issued by the church. Do I need to go and register the marriage or the church certificate is enough at the interview. Advice me my seniors.
Ugandan case

i am selectee 2014

Hello everyone

I'm from India but currently living in Kenya, my wife is a Kenyan citizen and me and her registered for DV2014 and luckily i got selected for further processing

now i don't know much about this DV process so i need help

my case number is 2014AF00099XXX

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone

I'm from India but currently living in Kenya, my wife is a Kenyan citizen and me and her registered for DV2014 and luckily i got selected for further processing

now i don't know much about this DV process so i need help

my case number is 2014AF00099583

WELCOME Mushy, Who is the Principal you or the wife, need to have details so that we can help you. Go through the previous threads you will be loaded with information, send your documents early in order to secure yourself ( 1st come 1st Served) through E mail its much faster coz your case number is very high.:)

Today's Devotion

Psalm 22:3
When you praise Him He will inhabit your praises. He will come and visit you. Praises are the easiest way of getting God to come your way. He says in His Word, “But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.”:)

Hello Guyz,
I don't know if I'm the only Nigerian on this thread but kudos to you Kenyan Guyz. you've been making the DV stuff easier with info... This thread is the best so far... God bless PAPASAN who created the thread and every contributor so far...

I faced the CO yesterday and here are the details...

To GOD be the glory... Wishing every one facing the COs in the remaining months of the 2013 fiscal year a success and 2014 guyz, the LORD GOD OF HOST will work for you too...

Congratulation akinbiyi, all the glory to God.Welcome to America, Texas Makiki and Others will one day Organize a Bash hopefully:p

I have a church marriage and have pictures as evidence plus the marriage certificate issued by the church. Do I need to go and register the marriage or the church certificate is enough at the interview. Advice me my seniors.
Ugandan case

Am in the same boat from Uganda, as long as your church is recognised by goverment all church marriages are registered and so the certificate issued by the Church is sufficient enough and valid.

Children skin test for TB is done the first day so that the results are out after 72hrs.They use a needle and preak at the upper part of the right hand then they mark that part.All vaccination are done through injections we had 3 and the children 4.We paid 82k,vaccinations cards for the children will save you some cash so dont forget to carry them.

Thanks Juulianna for the useful info, so next is interview, am sure it will be a smooth one, may the Lord get there before you IJN

Visa Error

I'm back in Nairobi to pick up our visas. Sadly, b'se my wife and son where both born in Nairobi, the embassy had accidentally indicated nationality as Kenyan on the visas, even though they are Ugandan passports. So I've sent them back to the embassy for correction.