• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Am happy for you dear! thanks for sharing with us your experience. all the best as you prepare for your departure.
My interview experience

My interview was scheduled 8am,i got there around 7.40am,security check and showed my appointment letter and passport at the first gate,i proceeded to gate 2 where i got a queue,showed my appointment letter,my name was ticked against their register by a young lady,got in the 2nd gate another security check,at this point you switch off your phone n leave it there.i proceeded to the building where interview takes place,took a number then was told to wait outside(PLEASE DRESS WARMLY,it was so cold outside and you spend most of time waiting outside),i sat for like 2hrs!then my number was called in to window 4,the lady asked me,do you qualify for dv?are you married?ever worked in military? my answers were all no,i handed in my passport,high sch cert,police cert and two passport photos then was told to wait outside,i waited for about 30mins or so,was called in again for fingerprints,then was told to wait for my interview...please note they seemed to interview non-immigrants first...so waiting is taking so long guys.So at around 12.15pm i was called to window 10,a young white lady interviewed me:

Co: Hi, how are you?
Me: am good...
Co: raise your right hand,do you swear.......
me: yes i do
Co: please sign for me here(the forms i sent to kcc)
Me: i did
Co: when did you finish high sch?
me: i answered
Co: what did you do after high sch?
Co:are you an accountant?
me: yes i am
Co: how many years have you worked?
Co: your documents are ok,congratulations am going to approve your visa,she gave me a green paper and a white one on how to pay uscis fee
Me: Thank you!

that was it,it took less than 5 mins,i thank God for his favour..

Please note so many guys were given the yellow paper(AP),just be confident when answering questions,question revolve around the information you gave in the forms you sent to kcc so no need to worry.

All those going for interview this week and days to come i wish you the very best!!

Dv 2014

my Dv is 20140000AF19*** not sent yet coz I said earlier am the principal applicant with a C- but a certificate in counselling pyschology?
Do I stand a chance or do the CO consider only KCSE certs dont want to loose my money

my Dv is 20140000AF19*** not sent yet coz I said earlier am the principal applicant with a C- but a certificate in counselling pyschology?
Do I stand a chance or do the CO consider only KCSE certs dont want to loose my money

NJER,

as the formates already said, you do stand a chance. Don't worry about the qualification C-, if you focus on it you will have sleepless nights. Focus more on your strengths, work on your work experience, get letters of reference from current employer and former employers if possible. If you have been reading the experiences shared here on the forum, some people were not even asked to explain their academic qualifications. The Lord is in the driving seat...sit and be driven

Today's devotion

Between you and every goal that you wish to achieve, there is a series of obstacles, and the bigger the goal, the bigger the obstacles. Your decision to be, have and do something out of the ordinary entails facing difficulties and challenges that are out of the ordinary as well. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else:)

Amen!

My interview experience

My interview was scheduled 8am,i got there around 7.40am,security check and showed my appointment letter and passport at the first gate,i proceeded to gate 2 where i got a queue,showed my appointment letter,my name was ticked against their register by a young lady,got in the 2nd gate another security check,at this point you switch off your phone n leave it there.i proceeded to the building where interview takes place,took a number then was told to wait outside(PLEASE DRESS WARMLY,it was so cold outside and you spend most of time waiting outside),i sat for like 2hrs!then my number was called in to window 4,the lady asked me,do you qualify for dv?are you married?ever worked in military? my answers were all no,i handed in my passport,high sch cert,police cert and two passport photos then was told to wait outside,i waited for about 30mins or so,was called in again for fingerprints,then was told to wait for my interview...please note they seemed to interview non-immigrants first...so waiting is taking so long guys.So at around 12.15pm i was called to window 10,a young white lady interviewed me:

Co: your documents are ok,congratulations am going to approve your visa,she gave me a green paper and a white one on how to pay uscis fee

Please note so many guys were given the yellow paper(AP),just be confident when answering questions,question revolve around the information you gave in the forms you sent to kcc so no need to worry.

All those going for interview this week and days to come i wish you the very best!!

Congratulations!
This success stories are making me so happy.
My day is soon, this is encouraging.
Glory be to God always.

My interview experience

Can't put it better dan this. This was exactly how my interview went. I was asked 3 questions ie. what year did i finish high sch, wat did I do after high sch ie. academically. and hw will b sponsorin me as I look for a job in the US. guys its really cold dere and expect to stay dere for a long tym. I took 5hrs in total eventhough d interview took less dan 5 minutes

Essiesta, Congratulations this is sooo encouraging. God is surely on our side. Seems those of us having interview on Tuesday next are a handful. Si we hookup guys @ the Embassy.....

Can't put it better dan this. This was exactly how my interview went. I was asked 3 questions ie. what year did i finish high sch, wat did I do after high sch ie. academically. and hw will b sponsorin me as I look for a job in the US. guys its really cold dere and expect to stay dere for a long tym. I took 5hrs in total eventhough d interview took less dan 5 minutes

congralutaions Abu,at last you make it.

Jonge

Thanx for ua encouragement now will send the form soberly waiting upon the Lord and having faith all will be well. #
Thanx again so much. Will b updating