• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

I am so grateful to you Diamondz, your lunch send off was so sweet i wish i could stay few days and eat the sweet Biriani again and thank you Emmah as well you two gals are awesome i wish you the best in your coming interviews and the rest of the house facing the CO this month. My son Kikisan aka Abu Hamza look for these wonderful ladies and have lunch with them before you leave Mombasa.

Thanks Masha for sharing ur experience,the AP will surely b over,just a little patience...how come u had police clearance instead of cert of good conduct?

hey essieta! I applied for the police cert on 15th April and guess wat I was given the police clearance certificate. I thought the certificate of good conduct was replaced by the police clearance certificate. Anyone plz clarify this

I am so grateful to you Diamondz, your lunch send off was so sweet i wish i could stay few days and eat the sweet Biriani again and thank you Emmah as well you two gals are awesome i wish you the best in your coming interviews and the rest of the house facing the CO this month. My son Kikisan aka Abu Hamza look for these wonderful ladies and have lunch with them before you leave Mombasa.

Safe journey dear! plz connect me to them! on another note, did u tek the police certificate of good conduct or the police clearance cert. Thx

Safe journey dear! plz connect me to them! on another note, did u tek the police certificate of good conduct or the police clearance cert. Thx

As per November 2012 it was a good conduct being issued. I have a good conduct certificate

Okay, guys my experience on the interview date was not a bad one, I guess, @least no goose bumps! I'll give it as a narrative.
I was scheduled for interview @6:30 am. I was very early and I arrived @ the gate @ 5:20 only to find 1 guy who had arrived earlier than me. We waited till 10min to 6, by now a group of around 30 persons had formed and the security guards opened the gate. @ 6 sharp they asked us to line up those with appointments @6:30 & 6:45. we were asked to have our passports and the appointment letter @hand. We were checked in the 1st gate and were welcomed to move to the next gate, by the way I was the 3rd person to go thru the security. On the 2nd gate we were asked the 1st four of us to go in, as we switched off our phones. we left our phones @ the 2nd security check point. We proceeded now to the emba-c bld & @ the "reception" we provided our interview appointment letter and were given each a number. Ok. From here I'll talk as I coz' once the number is given its as an individual, by the way, I had no beneficiaries.
I was given a number, a small sheet to write my contacts and also I was handed a Sheet of paper with the requirements for a DV qualifications and was asked to wait outside for a call on my number to be served. After the my number was reached I was called to window '5', She greeted me but she informed me that she will ask me to bear with her as she serves 2 women with kids, wow! with that cold that was not @ the pity of of those kids, who was I rebellious to her request? After she was thru with them she beckoned me and she asked for my passport, high school cert, birth cert, 2 passports(though I had sent 2 with the forms, she gave me back the old ones) and the police cert,( Mine was not a cert of good conduct but a police clearance cert, though i don't know the difference{by the way its only useful if the fingerprints are attached}) I handed her the docs and she asked me " Have you ever worked in the military?" I answered "no Ma'am", " Have you ever committed a crime ...............? "no Ma'am" " How old are you?" "I answered" " have you ever been married?" " No I've never been married Ma'am"] then she asked me to sign a form that you acknowledge, the uscis fee is a must pay within the specified period and the penalty..............or a jail term of............ok I signed. She asked the photocopies of the same docs, and the slip I was given for contacts( poor me I had forgotten my pen, but was no big er deal she knew that already and she gave me hers) she gave me an invoice and asked me to go pay and bring her the receipt ($330 from what I noted it is wiser to buy the dollars in Forex Bureau instead of carrying Kes, coz it is cheaper, on 28th the $ against Kes was 85. something but their conversion rate was 90!) :D ok. I took my receipt and she asked me to wait outside( by the way she thanked me for letting her serve others b4 me)
After some time, I was called to window 8 and the lady there was very impatient she had to called out my name on the speakers as she thought I was slow and i was just there, she told me to be faster next time I'm called, she took my finger prints ( instructions are outlined on the counter window) and asked me to wait.

Whoa! A few minutes later I was called to window 10, it was now the CO!

CO: How are you Sir?
ME: I'm fine, thank you.
CO: Kindly raise your right hands and swear that all the info you have already given on the forms and will give today is the truth
ME: Yes I do.
CO: Please append your signatures on the application forms
ME: I did
CO: Which High School did you go to?
ME: I went to xxxxxx high school.
CO: What did you do after you finished high school?
ME: Did my diploma in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CO: What else did you do?
ME: I also did a cert in xxxxxxxxx( I failed to mention another cert in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
CO: What do u do now?
ME: Answered her
CO: Sir, we will take some time to verify the information you have given us for administrative processing, which will take about a month,then we will contact you for details.
ME: Thanks Ma'am
( then she handed me a yellow paper "AP", my bith cert and She was left with my Original and p/copy of High School Cert, original Police clearance cert and the p/c of birth cert.
And something like 2-3 minutes It was over.
I left @ around 9:15. That was it guys

Up to now I'm still under "AP". :eek:

HEHEHEH. Till further notice. No butterflies, man! (Someone, a security officer in the emba-c informed me that nothing to worry about it is a procedure, my cert has to go thru the fraud unit, take it to the KNEC for verification, if its fake, I will be called and the Fraud unit will arrest me and I will be charged for Fraud, and for the Police clearance cert they will have to verify the finger prints attached are mine. By the way I met another guy in IOM, he went a week before me, he told me he had "AP" , seems Like in kenya "AP" is a usual thing ama?)

Still holding strong to my Faith in Him who transforms dust into a living Soul.
It shall be well with you ,they are just doing a background check up,Dont worry.:)

Month of Unfolding of Miracles for guys going for interview

Two verses to ponder on are:-

1. Is anything too hard for the Lord? Genesis 18:14
2. I Am the Lord thy God, Is anything too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27

Meditate on these three responses:-

1. …I know that You can do all things… Job 42: 1-2
2. For nothing is impossible with God Luke 1:37
3. With man, this is impossible, but with God, all things are possible Matthew 19:26

Friends/Forum members

Thank you for being a friend and a constant source of encouragement throughout the year. May God bless you and may He make His face to shine upon you. May you eat the dew of heaven. May you eat the good of the land and may God reward you and bless you for every prayer that you have said.

In Matthew 25 Jesus states “..'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me’.”

Somebody please clarify this, Does laminating a certificate cause an issue at the Embassy?....
Is there anybody here who went for his/ her interview with laminated cert n was issued a visa almost immidiately?

Alert on fake certificate

For the certificate of good contact it has been replaced with police clearance certificate which is the term recognized internationally.

The reason as to why the CO is putting members on AP based on certificates is because some people are presenting forged certificates especially kcse.over the weekend i met a guy who was introduced to me by another friend of mine and the fellow went for Dv interview on 28 may 2013 but was put on AP.WHEN I TRIED TO FIND THE REASONS,he asked me if i know any body in the KNEC to rescue him because HE HAD PRESENTED FAKE KCSE certificate and the embassy kind of suspected and held the certificate for confirmation.
He was asked to swear twice whether the document was genuine and and cautioned he will be barred to illegibility forever if proved otherwise but he insisted the results were not fake.
he was given a green paper which the CO wrote'''KNEC CONFIDENTIAL''''and he was told to go and get letter from the KNEC confirming the results.

I also have a case with a Rwadees citizen who was put on AP for the diploma to be screened only to be found Fake and he was called back to embassy last week and given A Red card....total ban.

Now with such cases the CO must be suspecting most certificates that's why AP'S are becoming common.

Hi wish everyone current in june as me all the best praying that all will be well as nickelly puts it Gods our shield as he will see us through thanks

To all goingfor interview this week and June go with the spirit of God and collect your visas it had been establish by God and it shall be good. "The deliverance of God is forever and his victory endures for all time Is 51:10."
Be bless

Dis is a dedication for those awaiting their respective interviews and 2nls.

A psychologist walked around a room
while teaching stress management to
an audience. As she raised a glass of
water, everyone expected they'd be
asked the "half empty or half full"
question. Instead, with a smile on
her face, she inquired: "How heavy is
this glass of water?"
Answers called out ranged from 8 oz.
to 20 oz.
She replied, "The absolute weight
doesn't matter. It depends on how
long I hold it. If I hold it for a
minute, it's not a problem. If I hold
it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my
arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm
will feel numb and paralyzed. In each
case, the weight of the glass doesn't
change, but the longer I hold it, the
heavier it becomes." She continued,
"The stresses and worries in life are
like that glass of water. Think about
them for a while and nothing
happens. Think about them a bit
longer and they begin to hurt. And if
you think about them all day long,
you will feel paralyzed – incapable of
doing anything."
Remember to put the glass down

Really wise words.
Thank you for that lesson Abu.

Somebody please clarify this, Does laminating a certificate cause an issue at the Embassy?....
Is there anybody here who went for his/ her interview with laminated cert n was issued a visa almost immidiately?
Laminating a certificate does not cause an issue at the embassy mine were laminated,just ensure you don't take a fake certificate they usually do a background check up.:)

For the certificate of good contact it has been replaced with police clearance certificate which is the term recognized internationally.

The reason as to why the CO is putting members on AP based on certificates is because some people are presenting forged certificates especially kcse.over the weekend i met a guy who was introduced to me by another friend of mine and the fellow went for Dv interview on 28 may 2013 but was put on AP.WHEN I TRIED TO FIND THE REASONS,he asked me if i know any body in the KNEC to rescue him because HE HAD PRESENTED FAKE KCSE certificate and the embassy kind of suspected and held the certificate for confirmation.
He was asked to swear twice whether the document was genuine and and cautioned he will be barred to illegibility forever if proved otherwise but he insisted the results were not fake.
he was given a green paper which the CO wrote'''KNEC CONFIDENTIAL''''and he was told to go and get letter from the KNEC confirming the results.

I also have a case with a Rwadees citizen who was put on AP for the diploma to be screened only to be found Fake and he was called back to embassy last week and given A Red card....total ban.

Now with such cases the CO must be suspecting most certificates that's why AP'S are becoming common.

Thanks Jarmsbi,for that kind of Information guys why do want to lose an opportunity just because of a certificate why don't you let God be the judge and put trust in him please check on that am pleading with you don't compromise.

Thanks Jarmsbi,for that kind of Information guys why do want to lose an opportunity just because of a certificate why don't you let God be the judge and put trust in him please check on that am pleading with you don't compromise.

Month of Unfolding of Miracles for guys going for interview

Two verses to ponder on are:-

1. Is anything too hard for the Lord? Genesis 18:14
2. I Am the Lord thy God, Is anything too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27

Meditate on these three responses:-

1. …I know that You can do all things… Job 42: 1-2
2. For nothing is impossible with God Luke 1:37
3. With man, this is impossible, but with God, all things are possible Matthew 19:26

With God, All things are possible

Amen! and Amen again

Thank you for clarifying about the Certificate of good conduct. I was planning to go back and ask for it instead of a police clearance certificate.

I have nothing much to say about that other matter because i always campaign for honesty.