• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Guys, it would be unfair for me to sleep with such great news. Thanks for all your prayers. I got my visa today and must say all the glory belongs to God. He has seen us through. My experience was quite brief though the waiting was something else. That reminds me: for those yet to go for their interviews, please remember to dress warm. And if with kids, dress very warm. Waiting outside the main consular building in the mornings is quite chilly. We arrived at the embassy at 6.15am for our 6.30am appointment. There was already a small group of others waiting. Went through the first security check in good time but were delayed on the second one as they were allowing the guys with the non-immigrant applications to get in first. So after about 50 guys going in, those of us with immigrant applications were allowed in. That must have been afew minutes to 8am. The initial checks went well and one thing i learned and would like to advice those yet to go is that it is important to have all your documents nicely arranged and ready to be given when requested. It shows you are organised and that’s a plus. That helped me alot considering i had papers for a family of five to cater for. The guys on the initial counters were very helpful. My interview went something like this:
CO: Good morning
ME: Morning Ma’am
CO: Kindly raise your right hands and swear that all the info you have already given on the forms and will give today is the truth
WE: We did
CO: Please append your signatures on the application forms
WE: We did
CO: What did you do after you finished high school?
ME: Did my bachelors degree.........................
CO: What do u do now?
ME: Answered her
CO: You realise that the US does not take care of any of your relocation costs. How do you intend to take care of yourself over the first few months in the US?
ME: Answered her that I had some savings
CO: Congratulations Sir. (She handed me the green info leaf for visa approval, DHL info and the forms for payment of the USCIS fee.
ME: Thanks alot and have a good day.
That was all. We were out of there by 9.45am and we thank God for being so faithful. We are praying for the rest of us who still have to go and waiting for their second notification letters. Put your trust in God: He will come through for you too. Now still soaking it in and will pick the visas next week.

Hallo ricey, congrat this is the hand of God. I wish you the best has you prepare to leave.

Karendi, i left for Bara not for the US. My flight is on Monday cant wait
Hallo makiki,

I wish u a safe journey, go have a prosperous life may our good Lord bless u abundantly. you have helped many in this forum including me.:):):):)

GET READY FOR A CROSSOVER.
Exodus 14:21-22

And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided. And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

This is the Red Sea crossover and it is a “crossover” from a place of slavery to a place of liberty. Friend, get ready for seen and unseen chains to break off from your life in Jesus Mighty name, Amen. Chains that want you to remain a slave to people, systems, etc are being destroyed in Jesus Mighty name, Amen. In this crossover, your master will not release you willingly but will desperately pursue you but friend, GET READY FOR A CROSSOVER. Yes, this crossover is for you to step from a place of hard labor to a place of divine provision in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. This is a “crossover” that will cause you be paid for all the years you have been overworked, underpaid, mistreated and degraded. This is a “crossover” that will lead to a physical relocation as you move to a place God has ordained for you. Friend, prepare for a Crossover to your spiritual liberty where you will worship God freely without anxiety and worries. Prepare to crossover to new heights in your prayer and intercessory life, new heights in a new breeze in your finances, an all round crossover in Jesus Mighty name, Amen.
Remember this, no devil, no force, no divination, no sorcery can stop your “crossover” in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. Pharaoh and all the horses and chariots drowned while pursuing the children of Israel. The forces of darkness against your “crossover” will be rendered powerless in Jesus Great Name. Amen. The Red Sea and River Jordan all had to obey and submit to the time of “crossover” for the children of Israel. Today, I call forth everything necessary for you to step into your “crossover” time in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.

AMEN AMEN AMEN. We are ready for the cross over. WHOOW whoow what a powerful message.

HOW TO PUT A SIGNATURE

New Posts Private Messages FAQ Calendar Community Forum Actions Quick Links Contact Us

Go to the top click on the forum action then edit profile, on the left side you find my setting click on edit signature then put you details.

Please 2014 members this will be easier for you when you put in your signature.:D

Thanks

Dis is a dedication for those awaiting their respective interviews and 2nls.

A psychologist walked around a room
while teaching stress management to
an audience. As she raised a glass of
water, everyone expected they'd be
asked the "half empty or half full"
question. Instead, with a smile on
her face, she inquired: "How heavy is
this glass of water?"
Answers called out ranged from 8 oz.
to 20 oz.
She replied, "The absolute weight
doesn't matter. It depends on how
long I hold it. If I hold it for a
minute, it's not a problem. If I hold
it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my
arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm
will feel numb and paralyzed. In each
case, the weight of the glass doesn't
change, but the longer I hold it, the
heavier it becomes." She continued,
"The stresses and worries in life are
like that glass of water. Think about
them for a while and nothing
happens. Think about them a bit
longer and they begin to hurt. And if
you think about them all day long,
you will feel paralyzed – incapable of
doing anything."
Remember to put the glass down

Mashaaliyah i can see u went for interview on 28th kindly share ur experience,questions asked etc

Okay, guys my experience on the interview date was not a bad one, I guess, @least no goose bumps! I'll give it as a narrative.
I was scheduled for interview @6:30 am. I was very early and I arrived @ the gate @ 5:20 only to find 1 guy who had arrived earlier than me. We waited till 10min to 6, by now a group of around 30 persons had formed and the security guards opened the gate. @ 6 sharp they asked us to line up those with appointments @6:30 & 6:45. we were asked to have our passports and the appointment letter @hand. We were checked in the 1st gate and were welcomed to move to the next gate, by the way I was the 3rd person to go thru the security. On the 2nd gate we were asked the 1st four of us to go in, as we switched off our phones. we left our phones @ the 2nd security check point. We proceeded now to the emba-c bld & @ the "reception" we provided our interview appointment letter and were given each a number. Ok. From here I'll talk as I coz' once the number is given its as an individual, by the way, I had no beneficiaries.
I was given a number, a small sheet to write my contacts and also I was handed a Sheet of paper with the requirements for a DV qualifications and was asked to wait outside for a call on my number to be served. After the my number was reached I was called to window '5', She greeted me but she informed me that she will ask me to bear with her as she serves 2 women with kids, wow! with that cold that was not @ the pity of of those kids, who was I rebellious to her request? After she was thru with them she beckoned me and she asked for my passport, high school cert, birth cert, 2 passports(though I had sent 2 with the forms, she gave me back the old ones) and the police cert,( Mine was not a cert of good conduct but a police clearance cert, though i don't know the difference{by the way its only useful if the fingerprints are attached}) I handed her the docs and she asked me " Have you ever worked in the military?" I answered "no Ma'am", " Have you ever committed a crime ...............? "no Ma'am" " How old are you?" "I answered" " have you ever been married?" " No I've never been married Ma'am"] then she asked me to sign a form that you acknowledge, the uscis fee is a must pay within the specified period and the penalty..............or a jail term of............ok I signed. She asked the photocopies of the same docs, and the slip I was given for contacts( poor me I had forgotten my pen, but was no big er deal she knew that already and she gave me hers) she gave me an invoice and asked me to go pay and bring her the receipt ($330 from what I noted it is wiser to buy the dollars in Forex Bureau instead of carrying Kes, coz it is cheaper, on 28th the $ against Kes was 85. something but their conversion rate was 90!) :D ok. I took my receipt and she asked me to wait outside( by the way she thanked me for letting her serve others b4 me)
After some time, I was called to window 8 and the lady there was very impatient she had to called out my name on the speakers as she thought I was slow and i was just there, she told me to be faster next time I'm called, she took my finger prints ( instructions are outlined on the counter window) and asked me to wait.

Whoa! A few minutes later I was called to window 10, it was now the CO!

CO: How are you Sir?
ME: I'm fine, thank you.
CO: Kindly raise your right hands and swear that all the info you have already given on the forms and will give today is the truth
ME: Yes I do.
ME: I did
CO: Which High School did you go to?
ME: I went to xxxxxx high school.
ME: Did my diploma in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CO: What else did you do?
ME: I also did a cert in xxxxxxxxx( I failed to mention another cert in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
CO: Sir, we will take some time to verify the information you have given us for administrative processing, which will take about a month,then we will contact you for details.
ME: Thanks Ma'am
( then she handed me a yellow paper "AP", my bith cert and She was left with my Original and p/copy of High School Cert, original Police clearance cert and the p/c of birth cert.
And something like 2-3 minutes It was over.
I left @ around 9:15. That was it guys

Up to now I'm still under "AP". :eek:

HEHEHEH. Till further notice. No butterflies, man! (Someone, a security officer in the emba-c informed me that nothing to worry about it is a procedure, my cert has to go thru the fraud unit, take it to the KNEC for verification, if its fake, I will be called and the Fraud unit will arrest me and I will be charged for Fraud, and for the Police clearance cert they will have to verify the finger prints attached are mine. By the way I met another guy in IOM, he went a week before me, he told me he had "AP" , seems Like in kenya "AP" is a usual thing ama?)

Still holding strong to my Faith in Him who transforms dust into a living Soul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, guys my experience on the interview date was not a bad one, I guess, @least no goose bumps! I'll give it as a narrative.
I was scheduled for interview @6:30 am. I was very early and I arrived @ the gate @ 5:20 only to find 1 guy who had arrived earlier than me. We waited till 10min to 6, by now a group of around 30 persons had formed and the security guards opened the gate. @ 6 sharp they asked us to line up those with appointments @6:30 & 6:45. we were asked to have our passports and the appointment letter @hand. We were checked in the 1st gate and were welcomed to move to the next gate, by the way I was the 3rd person to go thru the security. On the 2nd gate we were asked the 1st four of us to go in, as we switched off our phones. we left our phones @ the 2nd security check point. We proceeded now to the emba-c bld & @ the "reception" we provided our interview appointment letter and were given each a number. Ok. From here I'll talk as I coz' once the number is given its as an individual, by the way, I had no beneficiaries.
I was given a number, a small sheet to write my contacts and also I was handed a Sheet of paper with the requirements for a DV qualifications and was asked to wait outside for a call on my number to be served. After the my number was reached I was called to window '5', She greeted me but she informed me that she will ask me to bear with her as she serves 2 women with kids, wow! with that cold that was not @ the pity of of those kids, who was I rebellious to her request? After she was thru with them she beckoned me and she asked for my passport, high school cert, birth cert, 2 passports(though I had sent 2 with the forms, she gave me back the old ones) and the police cert,( Mine was not a cert of good conduct but a police clearance cert, though i don't know the difference{by the way its only useful if the fingerprints are attached}) I handed her the docs and she asked me " Have you ever worked in the military?" I answered "no Ma'am", " Have you ever committed a crime ...............? "no Ma'am" " How old are you?" "I answered" " have you ever been married?" " No I've never been married Ma'am"] then she asked me to sign a form that you acknowledge, the uscis fee is a must pay within the specified period and the penalty..............or a jail term of............ok I signed. She asked the photocopies of the same docs, and the slip I was given for contacts( poor me I had forgotten my pen, but was no big er deal she knew that already and she gave me hers) she gave me an invoice and asked me to go pay and bring her the receipt ($330 from what I noted it is wiser to buy the dollars in Forex Bureau instead of carrying Kes, coz it is cheaper, on 28th the $ against Kes was 85. something but their conversion rate was 90!) :D ok. I took my receipt and she asked me to wait outside( by the way she thanked me for letting her serve others b4 me)
After some time, I was called to window 8 and the lady there was very impatient she had to called out my name on the speakers as she thought I was slow and i was just there, she told me to be faster next time I'm called, she took my finger prints ( instructions are outlined on the counter window) and asked me to wait.

ME: I lost did a cert in xxxxxxxxx( I failed to mention another cert in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
CO: Sir, we will take some time to verify the information you have given us for administrative processing, which will take about a month,then we will contact you for details.
( then she handed me a yellow paper "AP", my bith cert and She was left with my Original and p/copy of High School Cert, original Police clearance cert and the p/c of birth cert.

HEHEHEH. Till further notice. No butterflies, man! (Someone, a security officer in the emba-c informed me that nothing to worry about it is a procedure, my cert has to go thru the fraud unit, take it to the KNEC for verification, if its fake, I will be called and the Fraud unit will arrest me and I will be charged for Fraud, and for the Police clearance cert they will have to verify the finger prints attached are mine. By the way I met another guy in IOM, he went a week before me, he told me he had "AP" , seems Like in kenya "AP" is a usual thing ama?)

Thanks for sharing ur experience. Am still wondering wat could b wrong wid ur high schl cert to warrant them cast a doubt on ur cert. Anyway if its a clean cert u don't need to worry coz theyll call u as soon as they done. wishing u all d best.

Thanks Masha for sharing ur experience,the AP will surely b over,just a little patience...how come u had police clearance instead of cert of good conduct?

Thanks for sharing ur experience. Am still wondering wat could b wrong wid ur high schl cert to warrant them cast a doubt on ur cert. Anyway if its a clean cert u don't need to worry coz theyll call u as soon as they done. wishing u all d best.

I may say I really don't know, but i suspect its because I have laminated my cert and while laminating I did cut the the sides (where there are those holes) so that it fits in the laminating porch. ( I should have folded it) Anyway they say, "trust but verify"

Today's Devotion

GUYS FACING THE CO IN JUNE

Isaiah 43:26,

God says “Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.” Let us take God by His word and let us “Put Him in remembrance”. One thing I know is that He who says “Call unto me and I will answer” never fails to answer and this is the season for the open heaven for divine fulfillment of His promises towards you.

Friend, “May the LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: The LORD lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.”
May every single promise He has given to you bear fruit this season in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.

very encouraging...thanks Nickelly.

..how come u had police clearance instead of cert of good conduct?

I also don't understand. But on the day I was collecting it in the CID HQ a lot of guys were being given Police clearance and i didn't realize until a few days later, that it was not a cert of good conduct.

GET READY FOR A CROSSOVER.
Exodus 14:21-22

And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided. And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

This is the Red Sea crossover and it is a “crossover” from a place of slavery to a place of liberty. Friend, get ready for seen and unseen chains to break off from your life in Jesus Mighty name, Amen. Chains that want you to remain a slave to people, systems, etc are being destroyed in Jesus Mighty name, Amen. In this crossover, your master will not release you willingly but will desperately pursue you but friend, GET READY FOR A CROSSOVER. Yes, this crossover is for you to step from a place of hard labor to a place of divine provision in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. This is a “crossover” that will cause you be paid for all the years you have been overworked, underpaid, mistreated and degraded. This is a “crossover” that will lead to a physical relocation as you move to a place God has ordained for you. Friend, prepare for a Crossover to your spiritual liberty where you will worship God freely without anxiety and worries. Prepare to crossover to new heights in your prayer and intercessory life, new heights in a new breeze in your finances, an all round crossover in Jesus Mighty name, Amen.
Remember this, no devil, no force, no divination, no sorcery can stop your “crossover” in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. Pharaoh and all the horses and chariots drowned while pursuing the children of Israel. The forces of darkness against your “crossover” will be rendered powerless in Jesus Great Name. Amen. The Red Sea and River Jordan all had to obey and submit to the time of “crossover” for the children of Israel. Today, I call forth everything necessary for you to step into your “crossover” time in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.

waw!!!!! waw!!!!!! waw!!!!!! So very powerful words nickelly.Stay blessed always dear

..how come u had police clearance instead of cert of good conduct?

I also don't understand. But on the day I was collecting it in the CID HQ a lot of guys were being given Police clearance and i didn't realize until a few days later, that it was not a cert of good conduct.

ME: I also did a cert in xxxxxxxxx( I failed to mention another cert in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Hoping that everything will be okay just cool down and wait.

Hold on there coz that one month will be off soon.