• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

@nickelly

One can acquire a phone through a plan with a subscribe but they need to check your credit worth background. It is more like you pay in bits. There is also the one they call “TO GO'.This one you don't need any credit you just enter a subscribers shop and you come out with a phone. You buy a phone from a subscriber and agree on which 'taarifu” you want. It is common with AT&T among others. That is you load your phone and once you have no credit it switches off. In this case you cant call or receive a call. You can purchase a calling card for 10 dollars, 15,50 and so forth. But in most cases it ends up being very expensive. The other plan for somebody who needs to use a phone& GPS throughout and you have no credit, one can subscribe from providers like Metro pcs where you pay for a flat rate of around 50 dollars a month and it allows you to browse and use your phone throughout the month 24 hours a day. Once the month is over it switches off. One can plan to use for the first two or three months. Calling outside the US one does not call direct but one has to buy a special calling card to East Africa. It is cheaper to buy a quality phone from a subscriber with the plan you want than coming with one from home. There is also the house phone which is kind of land line and it is the cheapest. It is normally good in a package internet,phone and tv.

Success for all those scheduled for the interview
Blessings

Thanks be blessed

Hi Folks, how r we all doing? Well I have some questions n I believe the house can help me out. Initially my POE was New Jersey so I used the New Jersey address to process all documents. I'm now in Worcester, Massachusetts with a different address. Is it late to inform the authorities to send all documents to my new address? If it's not, who do I write to regarding my change of address? Nice day !!

House of winners, I wish to know does my working interaction with the embassy affect my interview. In my daily work I have to write to Embassy to require information for our staff and collaborators traveling to the US or for other administrative issues. now I have to communicate with them as DV winner with different email with the same name. What do you think?

@nickelly

One can acquire a phone through a plan with a subscribe but they need to check your credit worth background. It is more like you pay in bits. There is also the one they call “TO GO'.This one you don't need any credit you just enter a subscribers shop and you come out with a phone. You buy a phone from a subscriber and agree on which 'taarifu” you want. It is common with AT&T among others. That is you load your phone and once you have no credit it switches off. In this case you cant call or receive a call. You can purchase a calling card for 10 dollars, 15,50 and so forth. But in most cases it ends up being very expensive. The other plan for somebody who needs to use a phone& GPS throughout and you have no credit, one can subscribe from providers like Metro pcs where you pay for a flat rate of around 50 dollars a month and it allows you to browse and use your phone throughout the month 24 hours a day. Once the month is over it switches off. One can plan to use for the first two or three months. Calling outside the US one does not call direct but one has to buy a special calling card to East Africa. It is cheaper to buy a quality phone from a subscriber with the plan you want than coming with one from home. There is also the house phone which is kind of land line and it is the cheapest. It is normally good in a package internet,phone and tv.

Blessings

Thanks dear for all these information and good wishes for our interview. Be bless

Hi Folks, how r we all doing? Well I have some questions n I believe the house can help me out. Initially my POE was New Jersey so I used the New Jersey address to process all documents. I'm now in Worcester, Massachusetts with a different address. Is it late to inform the authorities to send all documents to my new address? If it's not, who do I write to regarding my change of address? Nice day !!

Hi Frank,

I think you should have changed the address at the POE...

I think the best solution will be to liaise with the person at the other address informing them to forward you the documents when they are shipped to their address...

Daraja.

Last edited by a moderator:
In your Visa right below the case number there is a registration number please see if it looks the same as the number you were given OR on that sealed envelope there was a summary sheet which had a number starting with A.

Your Visa has the following

IMMIGRANT VISA
IV Case Number
2013AF20XXX01
Registration Number
X5X35XXX

IV Category
DV1

That registration number is the same as the Alien number all you need is to put A before that number

Thanks Mama Kiki, but which one is my DOD CASE ID and where do I find that?

Today's Devotion
Israel's second ruler, King David, made a lot of mistakes. He committed adultery and even ordered a man to be murdered. But when he repented and sought forgiveness, God forgave him and gave him a new start. The Bible compliments David, saying, "He was a man after God's own heart." David didn't focus on his faults or on the things he had done wrong. No, he lived favor-minded. It was David who wrote, "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life." Notice, he was expecting goodness and mercy, not part of the time, but all the days of his life. I like this other translation how it puts it: "God's kindness and goodness chases me down everywhere I go." David's attitude was, "I just can't get away from the good things of God!" God keep bless me in everything. Amen. God has declared this to be your SEASON OF FAVOR for the rest of your life.:)

Sorry, DOS Case ID

Finding your Case ID Number and A-Number: The Case ID Number and A-Number can be found on the Immigrant Data Summary Sheet stapled to the front of the immigrant visa package you and any accompanying family members received with your visa. If you did not receive an Immigrant Data Summary Sheet with your visa packet, please request this sheet from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that issued you the visa. Each individual family member will be provided a separate sheet. The Case ID Number begins with three or four letters indicating the consulate or embassy followed by a series of numbers. Additionally, at the time of your interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, the DOS interviewing officer provided you with a USCIS handout that informed you of the need to pay the immigrant fee and included your A-Number and Case ID Number.

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought you told the Immigration at the POE that your address is changed??? Anyway just change it ASAP their will be no problem as long as it is the one you will give USCIS to send your permanent resident card

Hi guys, i sent an email to IOM yesterday to book for my medicals and i have already received a response, however, in it is a phrase i don't quite understand. Those who have been to IOM already please enlighten me....Kindly note that you are required to collect your payment coupon from IOM before appointment date.[/B, what do they mean by that, i have already explained to them in my mail that I'm from Uganda, or are they expecting me to travel earlier than the booked date to pick it? I hope i made sense to you.

Guys i need help on this, anyone there?

TODAY'S DEVOTION

Psalm 27: 1, 3
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident. :)

AMEN AMEN. be blessed.

Finding your Case ID Number and A-Number: The Case ID Number and A-Number can be found on the Immigrant Data Summary Sheet stapled to the front of the immigrant visa package you and any accompanying family members received with your visa. If you did not receive an Immigrant Data Summary Sheet with your visa packet, please request this sheet from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that issued you the visa. Each individual family member will be provided a separate sheet. The Case ID Number begins with three or four letters indicating the consulate or embassy followed by a series of numbers. Additionally, at the time of your interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, the DOS interviewing officer provided you with a USCIS handout that informed you of the need to pay the immigrant fee and included your A-Number and Case ID Number.

But the problem is that DV case number are begins with four digits rather than letters thats why the system reply incorrect DOS ID Number. how should we deal with it now?

Guys i need help on this, anyone there?

Hi catchme, they normally estimate some amount that you should carry on the medical examination day,one can use the exact amount or less (i guess).Like my case she gave me a form stating the medical examination date and amount to carry(ksh.24,000)..when u travel to Kenya for your medicals you can walk in their offices a day earlier n enquire from them..don worry about it.

my two cents

Hey house of winners am on the other side now.Had a safe but tiresome trip with a lot of delays.Am looking forward to making the final process and getting down to serious life business. I will keep you all informed.God Bless.

Hallo Kylexy,

It is nice to hear from you. Happy to hear that you landed safely. I wish you all the best in your endeavours. Time to settle down first.

@nickelly

Blessings

Hallo Wanjeri,
THANKS for the inform. Your are making our work to settle easier once we get their.

MY ADVICE TO ALL NEW IMMIGRANTS

DON'T be fooled by $10/hr job you're doing now. Go back to school while working full/part time. Admission for Fall semester is on across the nation. Enrolment ends June/July for Fall semester which kicks off in last week in August. Take advantage of the enviable courses offered in community colleges scattered all over the federation. Google up community college or Education District for your area and commence enrolment process immediately . Don't wait. Be focused. The government pays all expenses when you take advantage of the grant offered. You could have up to $2500 excess cash from government at the end of your program. Some of the juicy courses you could find include an associate degree in:

1. Electronics and electrical engineering
2. Information Technology/Computer science
3. Business Administration with specialization in Economics/Banking and finance or Accounting
4. Registered nursing
5. Sociology/Social works
6. Anthropology
7. Psychology
8. Criminal Justice System/forensic science
9. Paralegal studies
10. Civil and construction engineering
and many, many more.

After 2/3yrs of study, you could begin earning $50/$80 per hour. I wish you well in your chosen career path.

Gentiger signing off from Los Angeles, CA.