• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

hello,

as you know my case have been under AP since january and
I have been called by the embassy asking to send my passport, but after sending them I did not heard from the embassy but my status changed saying that our visa have been printed(issued). and i am not in Kenya.
so i would like to ask you(people who have been under AP) what the embassy do after someone send passport,
normally they send an email saying that visa is ready to pick up I think and they give number waybill.
how long does it take to receive that message from the embassy.
please I need your advises on this issues.
thank you

Thanks Be to God Lucy, Congrats

hello,
as you know my case have been under AP since january and
I have been called by the embassy asking to send my passport, but after sending them I did not heard from the embassy but my status changed saying that our visa have been printed(issued). and i am not in Kenya.
so i would like to ask you(people who have been under AP) what the embassy do after someone send passport,
normally they send an email saying that visa is ready to pick up I think and they give number waybill.
how long does it take to receive that message from the embassy.
please I need your advises on this issues.
thank you

First of all i take this chance to say a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you. When the embassy sends a way bill number telling you that your documents are on transit it takes 2 days to receive them at the DHL office that you registered yourself with. I dont know how you did it since you are in Rwanda but it takes 2 days to get to you.

Hi guys ur really helping people in this forum anyway am new and could any one clarify to me how to pay the visa fee? should one carry cash onthe interview day or use options listed on the site thanks

DV lottery Visa fee is carried in cash

dear Papasan, thank you for answering,
but the problem is that i did not regester with DHL, I sent our passports as normal, I mean as a simple courier, but I tracked and find that they received them after 2 days after and our visa have been printed,
i am wondering how we will receive them.
the embassy have not yet contacted me after that.i find our this via CEAC website.
Oooooooooooh now i understand you. Lucy, you have to register with the DHL through this site please https://usvisa-info.com/en-KE/selfservice/login this is the only way the embassy can be able to send you a waybill number for you to pick up your passports please make sure you include the beneficiaries otherwise you will only pick up yours so make sure you include your kid. I am not sure if they have options of DHL outside Kenya but if you feel Kisumu is much near please pick the most nearest to your country that is when they will send it there and then you will have to travel to Kenya immediately you receive the waybill number to pick that visa from the DHL office of your choice carry your IDentity card and birth certificate for the child. This is my two cents someone else can add or substract.

and the embassy did not askedme to create the account with DHL.
it has been, i found out today that our visa was printed the 15 may, that is why I am thinking that I am late to create the account.

No you are NOT late this is the only way they can send you the waybill number dont worry about the status in the Consular Electronic Application Center. Create an account https://usvisa-info.com/en-KE/selfservice/login ASAP and wait for they will send them as soon as they receive your account detai

Gabam,,,,, My dearest brother I am hoping that very soon you will have a BIG smile on your face. Very soon your status will change as well just press on brother :D

Oooooooooooh now i understand you. Lucy, you have to register with the DHL through this site please https://usvisa-info.com/en-KE/selfservice/login this is the only way the embassy can be able to send you a waybill number for you to pick up your passports please make sure you include the beneficiaries otherwise you will only pick up yours so make sure you include your kid. I am not sure if they have options of DHL outside Kenya but if you feel Kisumu is much near please pick the most nearest to your country that is when they will send it there and then you will have to travel to Kenya immediately you receive the waybill number to pick that visa from the DHL office of your choice carry your IDentity card and birth certificate for the child. This is my two cents someone else can add or substract.

THANK YOU MAKIKI
I am going to do it at headquarter in my country ,
I am now leaving
be blessed

Hey house of winners am on the other side now.Had a safe but tiresome trip with a lot of delays.Am looking forward to making the final process and getting down to serious life business. I will keep you all informed.God Bless.

Hey house of winners am on the other side now.Had a safe but tiresome trip with a lot of delays.Am looking forward to making the final process and getting down to serious life business. I will keep you all informed.God Bless.

nice to hear you got there safely

Am happppy and rejoicing please cont'informing us once u settle

What are the requirements of acquiring a cellphone and can we still use our cellphones:confused::confused:

@nickelly

One can acquire a phone through a plan with a subscribe but they need to check your credit worth background. It is more like you pay in bits. There is also the one they call “TO GO'.This one you don't need any credit you just enter a subscribers shop and you come out with a phone. You buy a phone from a subscriber and agree on which 'taarifu” you want. It is common with AT&T among others. That is you load your phone and once you have no credit it switches off. In this case you cant call or receive a call. You can purchase a calling card for 10 dollars, 15,50 and so forth. But in most cases it ends up being very expensive. The other plan for somebody who needs to use a phone& GPS throughout and you have no credit, one can subscribe from providers like Metro pcs where you pay for a flat rate of around 50 dollars a month and it allows you to browse and use your phone throughout the month 24 hours a day. Once the month is over it switches off. One can plan to use for the first two or three months. Calling outside the US one does not call direct but one has to buy a special calling card to East Africa. It is cheaper to buy a quality phone from a subscriber with the plan you want than coming with one from home. There is also the house phone which is kind of land line and it is the cheapest. It is normally good in a package internet,phone and tv.

Success for all those scheduled for the interview
Blessings

@nickelly

One can acquire a phone through a plan with a subscribe but they need to check your credit worth background. It is more like you pay in bits. There is also the one they call “TO GO'.This one you don't need any credit you just enter a subscribers shop and you come out with a phone. You buy a phone from a subscriber and agree on which 'taarifu” you want. It is common with AT&T among others. That is you load your phone and once you have no credit it switches off. In this case you cant call or receive a call. You can purchase a calling card for 10 dollars, 15,50 and so forth. But in most cases it ends up being very expensive. The other plan for somebody who needs to use a phone& GPS throughout and you have no credit, one can subscribe from providers like Metro pcs where you pay for a flat rate of around 50 dollars a month and it allows you to browse and use your phone throughout the month 24 hours a day. Once the month is over it switches off. One can plan to use for the first two or three months. Calling outside the US one does not call direct but one has to buy a special calling card to East Africa. It is cheaper to buy a quality phone from a subscriber with the plan you want than coming with one from home. There is also the house phone which is kind of land line and it is the cheapest. It is normally good in a package internet,phone and tv.

Blessings

Thanks for this info. God Bless

@nickelly

Blessings

Oh thank you so much for the info. Be blessed always.

@nickelly

Blessings

Thanks Wanjeri for the information

FORUM MEMBERS

There are forty-two chapters in the book of Job. Job made this statement of faith in chapter 10. He was not delivered, healed, and set free until chapter 42! But at the very beginning, when his circumstances appeared darkest and most hopeless, Job looked up and declared, "God, I know You have granted me favor." That's real faith. Job was saying, "God, I don't care what the situation looks like. I don't care how badly I feel. I know you are a good God, and your favor is going to turn this situation around."
No wonder God restored to Job twice what he had before!

i have always been encouraged by your words nickelly...u are surely God's sent..be blessed dear

Helloo

Good to be back after a long break courtesy of the profession...wishing all the current members the best.

@krossmaina
@Losiamoi(and please put down your signature so that members may know your progress)
All guys

Hope this will be of help
Schools
Schools do not need you to come with a transfer but they need the following:All report forms and any record of academic and extra curricular activities and for seniors including grades on PE which is emphasized for a child to graduate from high school. Otherwise they will have to attend extra PE classes to met the credit. Carry all the records of immunization from the IOM and the clinic immunization records for your child. They will help you save some cash because the schools will demand them. If you don't have them you will be forced to have a repeat

Schools attendance is based on where one lives or what is called school districts/address. If you live in a certain school district your child is supposed to attend school in that area. So the place of residence in most cases determines the school your child attends. Most schools provides, trans[port, breakfast and lunch. Students don't wear uniforms in most schools but in some cases they have to wear blue jeans. They encourage them to wear sport shoes because PE is on a daily basis. Students from Jamuhuri find the system more friendly. The grade the teacher gives you is final and these are the grades used to determine students GPA and transition to colleges and universities. Schools are also well equipped and most of them are like colleges by Jamuhuri's standards.
Wages
Wages differ but the average hourly lowest wage is between 8.50 dollars and 15.50.
People work for eight hours a day. For those who work in the nursing sector, they work eight hours a day for four days and they rest for two days. Those in lower administrative duties earn between 23 dollars an hour to 30 dollars. Seniors between 30- 55.The executive between 55 on wards. But wage is mainly pegged on skills,education,experience ,training and sometimes even luck . So make sure you carry all your certificates and letters of recommendations. For you to strengthen your CV on arrival look for names you can use in your recommendation even if you volunteer for one day let the person or the organization write for you a recommendation letter.

These information will generally be able to guide you but it will mainly depend on an individual case or situation. I hope the information will be of help. But as I pointed out earlier, once you arrive in the US the direction you take depends on quite a number of things.

Equally, don't believe every word from prophets of doom like Fraooq. Maybe he met one of the like minded people I had pointed out earlier. That's people disappointed by nature and needs to be saved from themselves. You will always find such people in society. People who cant succeed even in a land of plenty. They are around 1 out of 20 and those people are not found in this forum. People in this forum are well prepared and that's why they want to learn from one another. And with prayers and putting God first everything is possible.

For those going for the interview soon our prayers:mad:misses, @catchme @jmigwi @dv-dva. We wish you well. We need all our brothers and sisters around. It gives us some warmth as the saying goes there is strength in numbers. Read the earlier post and the latest contributors from @Makiki @dubai, @Sm1smom @nickelly@papasan and others. You will definitely get all the information you need. Barikiweni akina @donmisty @ clama, @engmtolera and all the forum members as you take this journey.

Gods' Blessings
AHSANTENI NA HERI NA FANAKA

thanks for this great information Wanjeri. Well noted.stay blessed

@nickelly

Blessings

Thank you and be blessed too.
That's good info...