• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

This reminds me of how my brother n his family suffered many years ago,he was to be hosted by my bro in law,they got to the airport there was no one to pick them,tried calling,phones went unanswered..they got stranded.they paid for a taxi to locate bro in law`s house,they got him relaxing comfortably in his house.they had to look for an apartment as quickly as possible n got the hell out of there!God connected him to pple(white guys) who helped him,gave him a car etc and God has really blessed him now.He now hosts new immigrants(friends) or visitors for as long as they want to stay in his hse...some relatives can be so bad,the best thing is to pray that God will make your enemies live long ndio ukibarikiwa wajionee kwa macho

Guys,the way to happiness is made much brighter by applying the precept, “Try to treat others as you would want them to treat you.

New

Hi guys,

I have followed this forum since it begun and i'm glad there were guys like you looking out for everyone else. I have learned plenty and believe me it has prepared me for my interview in 2 wks. You are doing a great job and God bless you

Hi guys,

I have followed this forum since it begun and i'm glad there were guys like you looking out for everyone else. I have learned plenty and believe me it has prepared me for my interview in 2 wks. You are doing a great job and God bless you

Hi Ricey,

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad to see another May interviewee i was the only one.

God Bless and good luck at your interview

hi guys,

i have followed this forum since it begun and i'm glad there were guys like you looking out for everyone else. I have learned plenty and believe me it has prepared me for my interview in 2 wks. You are doing a great job and god bless you

welcome feel at home

Me too and also for my daughter's this is one thing i wont miss in my hand luggage am also wondering if i can carry it as well.

Makiki and Papa, its ok you can carry your inhaler. Just have a prescription for it or a letter from the doctor. I have worked in an airline I know its ok.

@dubai
I have seen very good answers from you people, Makiki ,Sm1smom,papasan and others on diverse issues.

Thanks all the contributors for keeping the members encouraged and prepared for the uncertainty with the Consular and settllement in the diaspora. Among others:

@dubai @Makiki @papasan @nickelly @sm1smom @misses @uganda1 @frank80 @Karendi @raevsky and many others.
Blsessings
AND you all
Karibu to the US

Thanks Wanjeri, people like you keep us encouraged. Baraka pia

It happened to me i was to move to Texas but a very close relative was very economical with information..all i needed was physical address then..i approached another relative who took less than 5 mins to send me all the info i needed + affidavit of support (just in case i needed it) this prompted me to change my POE and as well my settlements plan..when things went on smoothly the relative is on my toes wanting to change my POE but NEVER! ever..its true that Kenyans are very cold to new immigrants but not all there are exceptions but not many..let this be a lesson to all of us and help our fellow country men and also Africans whenever we can, you will be amazed at how GOd will pour his blessings..

I faced the same problem although it was not a relative but i will always say God Knew that you will face hard times with your host, its good if you it is noticed early before you are stranded at the airport and nobody to pick you. Let the will of God prevail:)

This reminds me of how my brother n his family suffered many years ago,he was to be hosted by my bro in law,they got to the airport there was no one to pick them,tried calling,phones went unanswered..they got stranded.they paid for a taxi to locate bro in law`s house,they got him relaxing comfortably in his house.they had to look for an apartment as quickly as possible n got the hell out of there!God connected him to pple(white guys) who helped him,gave him a car etc and God has really blessed him now.He now hosts new immigrants(friends) or visitors for as long as they want to stay in his hse...some relatives can be so bad,the best thing is to pray that God will make your enemies live long ndio ukibarikiwa wajionee kwa macho

I also tend to concur with the forumites that a lot of Kenyans there are just hideous. Jealous. Envious. Unhelpful to fellow Kenyan immigrants.
But lets not be discouraged, God does not just pick you from millions for no reason and NO persons will keep you from achieving what is yours.
I have learnt overtime that human beings are just that humans- do not expect too much from them, they are bound to disappoint. Put your trust in God and him alone.

Congratulations to all current members

To all members, those current and those awaiting interview, CONGRATULATIONS!!
All the best; keep us posted.

I have read all the posts about being let down and some being cold after asking info from them but this one has made me have a quick rush of goose bumps all over, i cant imagine being stranded at the airport with my little one and when you search for the host you find him comfortably seated on his coach at home.

Hehehehe My story is long and its for another day, meanwhile dont ever let someone go through what you have gone through God will see you thru and he will bless you for you have a kind heart. Forum members just as dubai-b, Papasan and Nickelly have said help and help you never know what God has in store for you. Rember that story of Nickelly of the Wolf that was eaten for dinner please dont be evil for you might end up being the family's diner. Keep the fire burning and be a blessing to others.

Hi guys,

May our God's favour follow you in every step that you take until that very day when you are going to face the CO. You will find favour in the eyes of the Consular Officer IJMN

Makiki
Why your interview was very early? If I check your CN 20XXX may be you could do your interview on AUG/Sept 2013.
Hivi hili swala la police, if you're not from the country of origin where are you going to have it?

I really didnt understand what you meant by me doing my interview in Aug/Sept but to enlighten you please check Visa Bulletin For January 2013 you will see that

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA 22,000
Except:
Egypt 13,000
Ethiopia 20,400
Nigeria 11,000
ASIA 4,300
EUROPE 13,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 725
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 775

About Police records you should provide a police record from any country that you stayed for 1yr when you were above 16yrs old