• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Choosing Flights

If you have kids and are travelling to the US most of us will choose the cheapest flight and this cheapest flight has two stop overs especially those done at Dubai by Emirates or Doha by Qatar. Can you imagine staying the whole night at the airport with kids??? Qatar offers a convenient transit hotel accommodation for customers who face extended transit times in Doha en route to their final destination. This is only available to flights that depart at 1720hrs but if you will depart at 1300hrs you will pay $125 per person if you so wish to sleep at their hotel or sleep at the airport.

http://www.qatarairways.com/qa/en/transiting-at-doha.page

When you book please do it directly from their site its much cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a 2011 dv winner and already in the us, serving in the airforce..you can ask me questions if you want..i know the system and the process like the back of my hand

It is fear of the unknown, we wanted those visas but it seems like we ai'nt going soon. Maybe till the last week to expiry just like jimmaboy lol :p :p

Hehehe...Kenyans are people of last minute in everything apart from where money is involved...!

I am a 2011 dv winner and already in the us, serving in the airforce..you can ask me questions if you want..i know the system and the process like the back of my hand

If one really wanted to train as a Doctor can he do that while in the AirForce what are the advantages and disadvantages of being in the AirForce

Hi Forum Members,
I've got this friend who is now current and will be interview this July,
All he has in addition to his WAEC Certificate is a Certificate in Desktop Publishing from an computer school.
He's married and have a son.
What are his chances... in the interview?

Hi Forum Members,
All he has in addition to his WAEC Certificate is a Certificate in Desktop Publishing from an computer school.
He's married with a on.

Hi Forum Members,

Hi Forum Members,

5 credits in 5 different subjects

Nigeria: 5 credits of “6” or higher in 5 different subjects in the WAEC, SSCE, NECO, or NABTEB exams. Also holders of BSC degree, HND, or OND from an accredited university or polytechnic institution to qualify.

5 credits in 5 different subjects

Nigeria: 5 credits of “6” or higher in 5 different subjects in the WAEC, SSCE, NECO, or NABTEB exams. Also holders of BSC degree, HND, or OND from an accredited university or polytechnic institution to qualify.

he has all his Waec credit bt dint av any Diploma except d Certicate in Desktop Publishing Course from Vocational School.

he has all his Waec credit bt dint av any Diploma except d Certicate in Desktop Publishing Course from Vocational School.

If his credits are met then he shouldnt worry because it says one should atleast have a High School Diploma which he has met the requirements (5 credits in 5 different subjects) about college dont worry it is NOT a must unless in your country Consulate Office requires that.

To enter the DV program, you must meet either the education or work experience requirement of the DV program: you must have either a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education; OR two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform.

Forum members. If granted the visa,will I be allowed to travel to usa earlier without the principal applicant ostensibly to prepare for the arrival of the entire family?

Forum members. If granted the visa,will I be allowed to travel to usa earlier without the principal applicant ostensibly to prepare for the arrival of the entire family?

When Your Visa Is Issued – What You Should Know

When travelling, the primary (or principal) applicant must enter the United States before or at the same time as family members holding visas.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3744.html

Status Update:

Sorry been up and about helping plan my bros wedding which is in one weeks time....Unfortunatly was not selected...Looks like God has other plans for me...All the best to those going for interviews, waiting to be slotted for interviews and the DV2014 Selectees...

Thanks Ash. I already sent the forms a week before i received the 2NL. I believe they wont make this an issue.

Those with kids, do you go for medicals for 2 consecutive days or 2 concurrent days?
Example If you go on tuesday you go back on thursday that is after 72 hrs

Thank God im current for july.One thing ive learnt in this journey is that it has shown me my true friends and kumbe they are a handful.Majority are fasting so that i fail the interview but my God is a true God he will not allow that.My sistas MAKIKI and NICKELLY the prayer worriors do pray for me.Pia wewe EMMA

God is in control,let them fast after they are through the only thing they will Get is diarhoea :(

There are many lessons to be learned from The Book of Esther that can help us spiritually;from Mordecai through the affliction of Haman who Arranged to have the Jews annihilated and was Hunged on his own gallows then we know that;

God cares for His own.
When people go through trials & afflictions . . .
1. He sees all they go through;
2. He covers and keeps them;
3. He won't desert them:)

Congs Catchme, you are currentooooooo.

Yes Iamoooooooooooo, Thanks Ash, i have been obsessing about this particular bulletin, checking every hour. Even before going to bed on the night of 10th we both checked. Yes, my obsession had rubbed off to hubby too. That's why he woke up in the middle of the night and checked the website using his phone and bum! It was there. I cant wait for the NL.