• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

CONGRATS!! MS. Karendi Manzi wa dallas..am somehow tempted to chane my P.O.E seem everyone is heading to TX...but its only 12hrs drive fro GA..we will panga a big get together ..Itakuaje Karendi???

Papasan, thought we was going together to Tx? Alright..wherever you go tutakutafuta tuu.
Itakuwaje?? Ishakuwa...bash mara hiyo hiyo!!
BTW I have a feeling the lady who interviewed was your consular even.

Papasan, thought we was going together to Tx? Alright..wherever you go tutakutafuta tuu.
Itakuwaje?? Ishakuwa...bash mara hiyo hiyo!!
BTW I have a feeling the lady who interviewed was your consular even.

By the way you are right..she is firm but nice and briie also...window 9 iko sawa..

Like I said; there was this lady without her medicals. How she explained is that she has a D, she is however pursuing a diploma in business management.
After she learnt about the qualifications cutout she called the embassy; asked them if its ok for her to continue with the process. They refused to give an answer and told her its her choice.
She tried calling, emails...etc. Finally she decided not to go for the medicals (as they are two) and appear for the interview day and hear what she will be told.
Unfortunately after we was given our nos. I coauld not trace her (too bad) but am not too sure they would be willing to re-schedule her, as they say there are 100,000 applicants and only 50K get the visa.
Hoping though that she got a way out...by the way she is of somali origin.

It is a pity i have been advising her from Nairaland. The husband is from Ethiopia and she is Sudanese but has lived in Kenya since she was 6yrs old. If your spouse is helping you in this journey you will surely go far and together but if he/she isnt willing he will grab any opportunity to make you see it isnt possible. Yes she had a D in KCSE but she said "6 months i was doing computer courses, ACCA for 6 months & 6 months i did a business certificate from a recognized university (MU) & now I am doing diploma in business"

All she lacked was POSITIVE attitude and also surround yourself with POSITIVE people they will uplift you and encourage you but stay away from Dream stealers please they will always tell you how you cant make it, how you will waste your money on something that cant even go far.

'Madam Abdul' if you are reading this and you didnt do your interview but can reschedule please follow your heart and just do it after all you are lucky to be chosen out of the 7 million people who applied, think about it :D

So, I arrive at kindu 6:30hrs. Sit outside for sometime, that is until 7:30 where are are checked at the main entrance.
Thereafter we walk on this straight path and queue, you are checked your appointment letter and passport. Once cleared you go to queue 3 for major security checks. Wathc, phones, keys, laptops etc.
After, you walk into the lobby, get your no. mostly it will be a C...., and a detailed paper on the qualifications of a DV visa...you also fill in your details on a lil form and then wait. You wait for a really long time.
So...my no. was called, I walked to counter 3; got a pleasant Ethiopian lady; (it was too cold I was shivering) and she asks me three questions: ARE YOU MARRIED, EVER BEEN MARRIED AND ANY CHILDREN? All were NO. Then...she asks if am qualified as per the instructions on the paper I took earlier. So YES, i hand in my KCSE cert and copy, my birth cert. and copy and police certificate (no copy) and walk outside and wait.
After like 30 minutes my name is called to counter 5; for biometrics...then I am told to sit and wait.
After other 30 minutes my name is called to counter 9- its a corner one....and yeah the interview begins. My consular was an African, very serious but quite warm.

Consular: Raise your right hand side and swear that all i say is true and nothing but the truth (and all on the form) so, I sign the form we sent to KDC.
(she asks me to place my right index finger on some red biometric)
Consular: Ma'am are u married?
Me: No
Consular: Been married?
Consular: any children?
Me: NO
Consular: (checks in my form) What is your highest level of education
Me: Blah..blah..
Consular: I can see you worked for a company called ......what did you do there?
Me: Blah...blah...
Consular: I can see the name sounds like a dating company is it?
Me: (laughing) No..its just a name Ma'am
Consular: Do you speak french? (she says that in french)
Me: Yeah, just a little (i answer in french)
Consular: Whats your name (she says that in french)
Me: I tell her in french "my name is ...blah,blah" ..then I ask in French " and whats your name madam"
Consular smiles and tells me unfortunately they are not allowed to say their names...we all laugh.
Consular: Where are you going in US
Me:I say
Consular: Who is your host
Me: I say
Consular: Who is he to you
Consular: Ok, madam your visa is approved, (hands me the green paper) you can pay the UCIS fee....blah, blah..blah...(tell you the truth I dint hear nothing after this I was too excited)
Me: Merci beaucoup Ma'am...Enchanté (thank you so much and pleasure meeting you)

I run out of the lobby very excited.
Well I met two other people on DV, one lady must be the one who asked on qualifications as she had a D and did not even do medicals but turned up for the interview with hubby...long story short. Guys really need our forum.
The other I met was this couple and kid, the lady told me she is not our member but she reads our forum everynow and then, am sure they got the visa- they looked well organized.

Guys, there is no need to fear or be super anxious (as I was) this thing is yours and nobody (or demon) can tunya you!!

God bless!!!

Karendi wenyu

Congratulations!!!!!! Happy for you.

Below is a list of our current prices. You can always reach us for any additional information. These are for kahama Hotel Nairobi

STANDARD ROOM

Bed and Breakfast (1pax) KSH 3,400/=
Bed and Breakfast (2pax) KSH 4,000/=

SUPERIOR KING SIZE ROOM

Bed and Breakfast (1Pax) KSH 3,700/=
Bed and Break fast (2pax) KSH 4,300/=

CLASSIC ROOM

Bed and Breakfast (1Pax) KSH 4,000/=
Bed and Break fast (2pax) KSH 4,950/=

EXECUTIVE ROOM

Bed and Breakfast (1pax) KSH 4,600/=
Bed and Breakfast (2pax) KSH 5,200/=

OTHER RATES

Twin Bed and Breakfast (1Pax) KSH 3,700/=
Twin Bed and Breakfast (2pax) KSH 4,800/=
Tripple Bed and Breakfast (3Pax) KSH 6,500/=
Standard day rate KSH 2,800/= (From 7:00A.M TO 6:00P.M)

Check Out Time

10.00a.m Weekdays
10.00a.m Weekends and Public Holidays

NOTE: The above rates include Government Taxes and are subject to change.

Thank You Shorrie..This infor is very helpful..May God Bless You

For those who will be heading to Dallas and the neighboring like MaKiki, Nickelly, Karendi, ekk, Julliana, Josse, t.maz and Frank80 we will have dinner together when the last member gets to the USA

This makes me wanna change my P.O.E....Hey, you guys go and settle haraka haraka..One of you could do the hosting asap*winking*

POSTED IN NAIRALAND
preprewow: 8:40pm On Apr 22
Hello Gentiger,spoondar,temmamy,junkerhill, jidex & the rest of the house. Hope u r all succeed ur journeys towards usa. well, its been quite long since the last time. I got busy preparing those documents but still we r nt get the police certificates.... hope we ll gt it so soon. btw, am happy that our election here in kenya was a successful onesmiley & i hope spoondar booked her ticket to usa.

preprewow: 9:09pm On Apr 22
btw, we went to the embassy the day before our medical exams 2 knw whether we r eligible with my educational qualifications or not but the lady in nairobi US embassy told us that she cnt ans our question until our interview day then we told her that how we can go tru our medical exams if we cnt knw that as we know that money will be non refundable if we dnt qualify so she said they will send us 4 medical exams if my education certificates r ok so my husband n I didnt go for our medicals because we dnt hv money to waste & tomorrow is our interview day so house do you think i shuld carry only my education documents 2 the embassy ?because we knw we wont be interview tomorrow unless we go tru our medical exams. Do u think these ppl will schedule another interview appointment if they say my education certificates r ok? though we ve tried to schedule another interview appointment tru online today but there is no available interview date. Gentiger,temmamy,spoondar,junkerhill & the rest experts on nairaland forum..please kindly advice us. Thanks

IT IS SAD THAT THIS LADY NEVER JOINED THIS FORUM AND I HAD ADVICED HER TO JOIN SO THAT WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER BUT IF YOU ARE HERE PLEASE TELL US WHAT HAPPENED TODAY IF YOU WENT TO THE EMBASSY.

My friends this forum is very very HELPFUL and also is the internet. Please write an email to your consulate office to ask any question you think is bothering you and you can not ask us here.

I truely pity her...i can imagine what she's going through..Information is power..And as Makiki puts it surround yourself with people with lots of positivity.

thanks!

Thanks Julianaa and makiki for welcoming me, you are so kind!
it looks like we will be current at the same time julianaa.... what a journey it has been and still is, only God can see this through to fruition. Am from nairobi right where the action is. Now let me ask the most asked question by newcomers, When am i likely to be current and when is the best time to start processing the police clearance and medicals?

Well I met two other people on DV, one lady must be the one who asked on qualifications as she had a D and did not even do medicals but turned up for the interview with hubby...long story short. Guys really need our forum.
The other I met was this couple and kid, the lady told me she is not our member but she reads our forum everynow and then, am sure they got the visa- they looked well organized.

Guys, there is no need to fear or be super anxious (as I was) this thing is yours and nobody (or demon) can tunya you!!

God bless!!!

Karendi wenyu

Congrats wish you all the best in your next journey

With God All things are possible. I am happy for you dear
So, I arrive at kindu 6:30hrs. Sit outside for sometime, that is until 7:30 where are are checked at the main entrance.
Thereafter we walk on this straight path and queue, you are checked your appointment letter and passport. Once cleared you go to queue 3 for major security checks. Wathc, phones, keys, laptops etc.
After, you walk into the lobby, get your no. mostly it will be a C...., and a detailed paper on the qualifications of a DV visa...you also fill in your details on a lil form and then wait. You wait for a really long time.
So...my no. was called, I walked to counter 3; got a pleasant Ethiopian lady; (it was too cold I was shivering) and she asks me three questions: ARE YOU MARRIED, EVER BEEN MARRIED AND ANY CHILDREN? All were NO. Then...she asks if am qualified as per the instructions on the paper I took earlier. So YES, i hand in my KCSE cert and copy, my birth cert. and copy and police certificate (no copy) and walk outside and wait.
After like 30 minutes my name is called to counter 5; for biometrics...then I am told to sit and wait.
After other 30 minutes my name is called to counter 9- its a corner one....and yeah the interview begins. My consular was an African, very serious but quite warm.

Consular: Raise your right hand side and swear that all i say is true and nothing but the truth (and all on the form) so, I sign the form we sent to KDC.
Consular: I can see you worked for a company called ......what did you do there?
Me: I tell her in french "my name is ...blah,blah" ..then I ask in French " and whats your name madam"
Consular smiles and tells me unfortunately they are not allowed to say their names...we all laugh.
Consular: Ok, madam your visa is approved, (hands me the green paper) you can pay the UCIS fee....blah, blah..blah...(tell you the truth I dint hear nothing after this I was too excited)
Me: Merci beaucoup Ma'am...Enchanté (thank you so much and pleasure meeting you)

God bless!!!

Karendi wenyu

Thanks Julianaa and makiki for welcoming me, you are so kind!
it looks like we will be current at the same time julianaa.... what a journey it has been and still is, only God can see this through to fruition. Am from nairobi right where the action is. Now let me ask the most asked question by newcomers, When am i likely to be current and when is the best time to start processing the police clearance and medicals?

The next visa bulletin will surely confirm you as being current.

I understand the police COGC & medicals are both valid for 6 months. However, the police report ceases to have any significance once you have done your dv interviews. So you can do the police COGC as soon as you get your 2NL.

Whereas for the medicals, it's advisable to do them as close to your interview date as possible ( about 1-2 weeks before) so that you can have enough valid time on your dv to sort yourself out before you travel.

Welcome aboard.

And @Clama do you know of any budget but safe accommodation facilities in Central Nairobi =<KES 2,000? Accomodation in Gigiri and the surrounding areas (kitisuru, Muthaiga, Ngara) seems far too expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

God bless!!!

Karendi wenyu

Congrats Manze wa TX.. ebu now focus on that Dallas mwendaz as i countdown 47

The next visa bulletin will surely confirm you as being current.

I understand the police COGC & medicals are both valid for 6 months. However, the police report ceases to have any significance once you have done your dv interviews. So you can do the police COGC as soon as you get your 2NL.

Whereas for the medicals, it's advisable to do them as close to your interview date as possible ( about 1-2 weeks before) so that you can have enough valid time on your dv to sort yourself out before you travel.

Welcome aboard.

And @Clama do you know of any budget but safe accommodation facilities in Central Nairobi =<KES 2,000? Accomodation in Gigiri and the surrounding areas (kitisuru, Muthaiga, Ngara) seems far too expensive.

VP Ediofeboyz.."However, the police report ceases to have any significance once you have done your dv interviews" Elaborate pls..

Congrats Manze wa TX.. ebu now focus on that Dallas mwendaz as i countdown 47

Hihihi, thanks Ekk, interesting everyone (including my host who has been calling everyday since friday) are calling me manzi wa dallas. Guess I should too run for woman rep. there :cool:

Right now am kinda on a break, i had given so much energies to this whole story maybe until I get the visa on my hands. Maybe in a weeks time....then I can fully concentrate on Dallas.

VP Ediofeboyz.."However, the police report ceases to have any significance once you have done your dv interviews" Elaborate pls..

VP???:confused:

Okay, I understand the police certificate is only needed for the interviews at the embassy. So, once you have used it to get your visa it literally becomes irrelevant.

But i guess the finger prints are included in the envelope that you drop at the POE. (Envelope must not be opened'oooo)

That's why you will not be asked about your police certificate at the POE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
Am new to posting but not perusing and reading the forum. My case no is pretty high but am very hopefull, atleast that's the motto here. How do i update my profile btw?
.......................................................................................................................

New Post ..Private Immigrant..FAQ..Calender..Community..Forum action

Click on Forum action here then you will get,edit Profile,go to the left My settings,then edit signature

Yes Catchme. Day one was quite hectic. We were told that mondays were the most busy days. We were there by 7 am but we were number 84. The number machine wasn't working so we were called by name after handing over our passports and 2NLs to the receptionist. Remember to make 3 copies of your 2NL coz its needed at IOM, Nairobi Hospital and at the Embassy. There is a free photocopier at IOM for emergency.

The first thing we did was counselling (after waiting for a long time) then assessment of fees payment from the vaccination room, then payment at the cashiers window, thereafter they took our blood (adults) then TB test for kids. We then left for Nairobi Hospital for the x-ray. There was another long line.
The IOM guys were telling people to either go for x-ray first then come back and pay later or do the payment first. Pse make your payment before going to Nairobi hospital because they will ask you for the receipt at the hospital.
After xray you are free to go home or back to IOM if you left your car there.

Hey Ash, so what exactly did u do on day one, is that the xray stuff?