• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

thank a lot catch me but do you have any idea if all these can take kitu 3 weeks or more cause i want to come to kenya after getting the 2NL and wait mpaka interview the amount of weeks hapo ndio natak kujua if any1 cant mind to estimate that for me .Thanks once more God loves you James 1;17

2014AF 00073XXX

We arrived at the American embassy at exactly 5.30am.Our interview was scheduled for 6.30am.So we had to arrive early. We are a family of 5.We were told to line outside the gate in two rows one for men and the other for women. You had to hand over your passport and the appointment letter. We proceeded to gate two. More screening and here we leave all our belongings including mobile phones, car keys, hand bags etc. At gate 3 we were assigned a no.C407.Then told to wait outside and it was terribly cold.

After about 30 mins we were called to window 4. "Pls give me your original documents i.e. passports, passport size photo graphs-2 for each family member, birth certificates, form 4 Kcse certificate, degree certificate, Affidavits for different names for my academic certificates and the name in the passport, and police certificate of good conduct.
Please go pay the 1650dollars for the 5 of us i.e. USD330 per person
We were then told to wait outside. After another 30 mins we were called to window 8 for finger printing verification.
Again sent outside to wait. After around 40mins we were called to window 10."pls swear that information we had stated in forms 122 and DS230 was the truth. We raised our right hands and said yes. "Are these your biological children-yes. What do you do now-I answered. Do you still do it now-Yes

CONGRATULATIONS. The white lady said as the handed as the green or is it blue paper that instructed us on how to create a DHL account. She also handed to us 5 other forms for USICS to pay the USD 165 each before we depart for the USA.This will be done online. She told us to expect our visas in the next 5 days .

But I had another request though. I told her that I and our colleagues will depart for DUBAI Saturday 29th.She advised that I go with my passport and make sure that I return it via DHL immediately I returned from abroad. She however retained the passports of the other family members in order to start processing their visas. We said thank you as we left the embassy at around 10.am.
GLORY TO THE MOST HIGH

Congrats...

So we got to the embassy this morning at 5:45 for a 6:30am appointment. We where about 10-15 people/families back in the line, but when we came up to the second check point, the lady moved us forward to 4th place, I guess b'se we had young children with us.

At the main reception, we are given a number and a small form to file out (Name, CN, contacts) and told to wait.

Next step is presenting all our documents, certificates etc (please have a photocopy of every document). For those from UG, they need your O-level certificate. I didn't have mine, b'se it got lost, but had my transcript, A-level certificate and Bachelor and Master degrees, so that might have helped me through. But maybe I was just lucky, so please have your O-level certificate as it is the basic requirement. After presenting these, we paid the visa fee and had another wait.

Next was digital finger-printing, then you wait again to do the actual interview.

This wait was especially long in our case, b'se as I mentioned last week, there was a delay in working on our x-rays, so we had to wait to do the interview until the medical report arrived from IOM.

Eventually we are called to the final window. The interview itself was just for formality, b'se when we where done, we were given forms to follow up with the process, which had details like our CN hand written already. So my guess was they had already decided to give us the visa b4 we were interviewed and only if we contradicted the info we gave, would they deny the visa or put us on AP.

Basically, I was asked 3 questions (1) about my study (what had I done after secondary school, which was go on to University), (2) how we will support ourselves b4 we get a job and (3) about the children (I have one from a previous relationship, so asked if I had consent of the Mum to take the child. I had a court granted custody letter, so that covered it.)

All said and done, we where cleared at about 10:15am

So my advice to all still to come, is the same as we have heard from those that have gone thru it before, just have confidence in the information you already submitted and you'll be ok.

Heading back to UG 2moro and will wait for the visas from there, esp b'se the kids have to go back to school.

Congrats...

My sis and bro-in-law will be helping us settle in. This was already indicated in the forms submitted last year. No, they didn't ask for evidence, but if they had, we were ready with a letter from our hosts, that they were indeed going to support us.

Uganda1 concerning the question how will support urself b4 getting a job whe did say, did give them evidence.Thanks for ur answer

Akelloh, its hard to give you accurate info, since I don't know which country you are in. But since it appears you are based outside Kenya, my experience might be helpful.

To begin with, your 2NL will come 6-8 weeks before the actual interview date, so unless you are Kenyan, there is no point going over straight away. Once you get the 2NL, start processing your police certificate and contact IOM to book your medicals. In my case, b'se I have kids in school, I opted for the shortest time possible, which is 1 week b4 the visa interview. But if you have the time to spare, you can even book for 2 weeks in advance and go chill out in Nairobi. Although I must say that it is cold at night in Nairobi this time of the year, so that chilling is not just using the word to mean relaxing, but also freezing.

In terms of travel documentation, I would recommend getting a temporary travel document as well as your passport. If you are Ugandan, you can get that for 5k at Port Bell, go with a photocopy of your passport and some passport photos. Explain that you need it, b'se your passport will be held by the US embassy for visa processing when you want to travel. Once they give it to you, use this document even when you are going to kenya, b'se when exiting, they will want to see the entry stamp, and you can't say that it is in the passport which has stayed behind. So, like in my case, where they have kept the passports for processing, I'm able to come back and spend the time in UG, going on with stuff I have to do, kids back in school etc and then will only go back by myself to pick up the passports. (Which by the way, I'm requesting to be sent by DHL to Kisumu. That is just a 1-day round trip by road from Kampala).

thank a lot catch me but do you have any idea if all these can take kitu 3 weeks or more cause i want to come to kenya after getting the 2NL and wait mpaka interview the amount of weeks hapo ndio natak kujua if any1 cant mind to estimate that for me .Thanks once more God loves you James 1;17

2014AF 00073XXX

Hey Misses. I am from cameroon, How do you set up an appointment for the medicals? and what are different the medical tests performed? Thx

Welcome Zara,for the medicals you can go to any of the Doctor office at Bastos opposite FECAGOLF or at Hypodrome opposite Care Cameroon. test are Tb, syphilis and othe STIs.

Ezra 8:23 , "So we fasted and besought our God for this and he listened to our entreaty."

Prayer and Fasting, all those issues that have troubled you and have been a big burden will be destroyed in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. Some victories cannot come but by prayer and fasting. I also pray that The Almighty God will strengthen you each and every day of this month as you fast.:)

Thanks Sis for your support

My God is faithful, He can move mountains, keep me in the valley, hide me from the rain.............................to learn more of the song join me at lighthouse chapel international. Thanking God for my visa!

Congratulations Fomogho God is Always faithful. Am glad to have witnessed your Visa:p. Thanks for lunch.

Today's Devotion
Psalm 40:1-2

Bible tells how the Lord heard his desperate cry when he was in deep trouble and “lifted me out of a horrible pit, out of the mud and mire and set my feet upon a rock and gave me a firm place to stand” It was King David who wrote this psalm and he added that God “has put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God”. He then gives us all some good advice saying, “Blessed is the man that makes the Lord his trust” (Psalm 40:4).

Hi Akelloh, first of all, you will be current around this time in 2014. Now, to answer your questions, you will need to process your police certificate at least a month before your interview. About the medicals, once you become current, you can travel to Nairobi, do the medicals and travel back to your home country, then return to Nairobi for the interview. Alternatively, you could book your medicals close to the interview (about two weeks), travel to Nairobi do the medicals and then wait for the interviews. This is the option i took because its cheaper. After the interview, if u pass, your passports are retained so that they can be stamped with the visa, this takes between 5 to 7 days.
Thanks Cathcme for answering Akelloh:)

DHL Registration

For those that have gone thru this already, I can't seem to add my wife to the family pack for document delivery, because her passport details are under her maiden name, yet the online registration defaults to my last name as the family name. So the kids and I are covered, but I can't get her in.

If you've had this problem, how did you get passed it or will they still and her passport/package in with the rest of the family since we are all under one CN?

For those that have gone thru this already, I can't seem to add my wife to the family pack for document delivery, because her passport details are under her maiden name, yet the online registration defaults to my last name as the family name. So the kids and I are covered, but I can't get her in.

If you've had this problem, how did you get passed it or will they still and her passport/package in with the rest of the family since we are all under one CN?
You have to register her according to the names that are written on the passport failure to that you will not get her documents.

That is what I've been trying, but it keeps bringing an error. Unless you are suggesting I register her as a separate applicant, not part of the family?
You have to register her according to the names that are written on the passport failure to that you will not get her documents.