• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

:cool:Hi forum mates.please those who have already left to the United states, and those following soon please share your experiences as you book flights and also when you get there.we need your experience to bless us please.

@ shabby i wsh all tha best is it tha first time to play tha lottery? Julianna i see that we fall n tha same suit damn high case numbers.@Makiki si unafurahia aki,uko na gate pass already and btw how did u dress for tha interview am curious :)
We are Coastarians and you know the weather here doesnt allow us to be in suits hehehehe what i mean is we werent in suits. The cold we endured at the embassy 6am my daughter still remembers how Nairobi was cold.

Next week is quickly approaching...n my interview is there too.Am currently in TZ so guys ope u dont forget me in ur prayerlists..Congrats Makiki for the good work you doin in this forum...
I will remember you in prayers and please carry warm clothes i dont want you to go through what we went thru when we were waiting for our turn. I wish you the best

i was introduced to this forum a month ago,for a whole month i have been going through the pages.i have learnt so much,n i cant thank u enough for such good work God bless u so much n may He meet the desires of ur heart.for curiosity sake when do u think i will do my interview?
Welcome my dear and feel at HOME :p all case numbers above 50000 will become current as from June onwards so expect your 2NL between July and August

i was introduced to this forum a month ago,for a whole month i have been going through the pages.i have learnt so much,n i cant thank u enough for such good work God bless u so much n may He meet the desires of ur heart.for curiosity sake when do u think i will do my interview?

Welcome to the house of winners. The forum has 99% chance of success as of now.

hi could someone pls direct me to where IOM is located n how to get there through public means. i am from thika

I tried to sketch the diagram but i dont know how to import it here but kylex answered u, I boarded no 7 bus to kenyatta, I alighted after NIHF building before the bus proceeds through a junction to Kenyatta, thre is a big field near the library cross the road then you will see 5th Avenue Ngong,then 4th Avenue is next as if you are going towards ngong road,4th Ngong Avenue, a blue gate just after AAR.:)

iom

Next week is quickly approaching...n my interview is there too.Am currently in TZ so guys ope u dont forget me in ur prayerlists..Congrats Makiki for the good work you doin in this forum...

Thank you so much,God bless.
For those who have gone through the jabs at IOM,whats their charges per individual and what other documents should one carry apart from the passport?
For those who have gotten their pass(gone through interview n got the visa)how should one dress?

I applied for dv 2014 so need ma fellow applicants to keep in touch with. Am from Uganda, Thank.

Welcome Gero, I know there are others like you browsing this forum as they wait for 2014. You'll not only benefit from the 2013 class in preparing for the visa, but also adapting to life in the US.

he following vaccinations are required for immigration purposes:
• Hepatitis A( a must for u to do)
• Hepatitis B( a must for u to do)
• Influenza( a must for u to do)
• Influenza type b (Hib) ( a must for u to do)
• Measles( a must for u to do)
• Meningococcal( a must for u to do)
• Mumps( a must for u to do)
• Penumococcal( 4 older people)
• Pertussis( a must for u to do)
• Polio(not age appropriate)
• Rotavirus(for children it causes diarrhea)
• Rubella(a must)
• Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids(a must)
• Varicella(if u had chicken pox u don’t need this)

Thx nickelly

I was with my sons at 6.45 am picked no 84 ticket then proceeded to a counseling meeting one gentleman from uganda and three wariah and lady going to Australia,where you in that group?:(

Sorry Nickelly, was not able to reply to your question immediately been too busy. Yeap, I was in that group, I remember the lady going to Australia had a small daughter with her.
I was the lady who went to look for her consent form and dint come back :))

Eventually!!!!
after long fight i picked-up my visa today.
Wow, i love your resilience. Thank God you did not run away from the forum. After 174days from the interview date you got your visa.
Surely God is never late. AM proud of you.

For those who have gone through the jabs at IOM,whats their charges per individual and what other documents should one carry apart from the passport?
For those who have gotten their pass(gone through interview n got the visa)how should one dress?

I think the charges at IOM vary with the dollar exchange rate and ur health status.When I applied I was told to carry 27000 to that place.After my two days visit I ended up using 24500 only.I thnk u should carry the larger figure to overcome any shortcomings that may arise in the process.

Ooh and about the documents,carry ur passport and a copy of ur selectee notification letter,black and white or coloured any will do.

Cera dear,
I am in a position to answer your first question. For IOM carry roughly 25,000/= KShs. (make sure you book the appointment before hand) then carry your passport and letter from website showing your CCN.
Also, you can carry a little more money to buy lunch and grab for you (and any child/company you might have)
On the dress code: we can ask Langeni, Makiki, Jimma boy...etc to assist on that.
Baraka.

makiki ma'am,where are you?I thnk u r in a better position to guide Cera on the dresscode at the embassy..I perceive Cera is a lady so ma'am ur advice is needed.

Sorry, and two passport photos, 2x2, white background...showing your neck and hairline. and enough patience and time.
All the best.

makiki ma'am,where are you?I thnk u r in a better position to guide Cera on the dresscode at the embassy..I perceive Cera is a lady so ma'am ur advice is needed.

Yo right KyleXY, Makiki is in a better positon to answer Cera and the rest of us. However, I would rather overdress (suit, tie, official look ) rather than underdress (tshirt, jeans etc) and look stupid. What do you think?

Cera dear,
I am in a position to answer your first question. For IOM carry roughly 25,000/= KShs. (make sure you book the appointment before hand) then carry your passport and letter from website showing your CCN.
Also, you can carry a little more money to buy lunch and grab for you (and any child/company you might have)
On the dress code: we can ask Langeni, Makiki, Jimma boy...etc to assist on that.
Baraka.
Langeni lol ??

No need of suit, tie,.. official look because you end up undressing and there is no mirror to redress your ties back,just be simple but you can carry a jamper or jacku incase of cold weather