• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

REMAINING FORUM MEMBERS
Battles are fought in our minds every day. When we begin to feel the battle is just too difficult and want to give up, we must choose to resist negative thoughts and be determined to rise above our problems. We must decide that we’re not going to quit. When we’re bombarded with doubts and fears, we must take a stand and say: “I’ll never give up! God’s on my side. He loves me, and He’s helping me! I’m going to make it!:)

Thanks Nicklley ; you really are God sent to encourage and guide us spiritually on this challenging journey. Barikiwa pia wewe!!

REMAINING FORUM MEMBERS
Battles are fought in our minds every day. When we begin to feel the battle is just too difficult and want to give up, we must choose to resist negative thoughts and be determined to rise above our problems. We must decide that we’re not going to quit. When we’re bombarded with doubts and fears, we must take a stand and say: “I’ll never give up! God’s on my side. He loves me, and He’s helping me! I’m going to make it!:)
You are God sent! Be blessed abundantly and i wish you the best. I want to celebrate your success as well, you are a darling. Thanks so much dearest.

I want to thank God for he has done so much for me and my family during this time. For sure God is faithful and am a living testimony for those who know my story.
OK, We got at the embassy at 6am did the security check and were given a number to wait and a paper that has all the information i had put early in October about KCSE but i will post it again for everyone to see it again. We waited for 4 hours without hearing our number called out, so we told the KK man who then told us to get in and we started being sorted out. Atleast it was not cold inside. My hubby gave all his original documents, with me they took my police report, passport and birth certificate my dota they took her passport and birth certificate.

We were called to window 10
Us: Goodmorning
Co: Goodmorning
Co: put your right hand up and swear that everything you are going to say is true
Us: Yes we swear its true
Co: Is this the only child you have
Us: Yes
Co: How old are you (to our dota)
Dota: am 6yrs
Co: Thank you
Co: I want to confirm your finger prints
Us: we put our right thumps on the machine
Co: After high school did you go for further studies
Hubby: Yes blah blah blah
Co: What did you study
Hubby: Blah blah blah
Hubby: Gave her the transcripts
Co: What have you been doing After the Degree and now your Masters
Hubby: Been working
Co: for how long?
Hubby: Blah blah
Co: You have anything to show
Hubby: Gave his appointment letter, Appraisal letter and the letter he took 3days ago that he works there
Co: Who is this Drrrrrrrrrrr
Hubby: My wives cousin
Co: I am going to grant you a visa, gave us a green paper circled the address where we will pick our visas from after one week.
Us: Thank you ma'am
Me: How do we pay for the new fee
Co: Oh, wait she went and brought a piece of paper that had all the information
Us: Thank you

That was all, we left feeling pretty. By the we were interviewed all of us at the same time, she didnt say that i sit she interviews my hubby no no.
congrats Makiki! another baboon down. tuko nyuma unyo unyo. God bless you and your family as you continie with this journey. he didnt bring us this far to to disappoint us :D

Document in transit from U.S. Consular Section

Dear EKAITE, This email is to inform you that a document has been submitted to the courier by the U.S. consular section for return to you. On average, it takes one to two business days for the package to be available. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration. The air waybill tracking number for the package is 1234567890. You will need this number to receive your document. For additional information on the current tracking status of the document, the delivery location, or for a list of identification required to receive the document, please log into our website at http://usvisa-info.com. Please remember that you must use your passport number, date of birth, and nationality to log into the system. For your reference, the passport number we have on file is: A1XXXXXX. Your documents will be available for pick-up at XXXXXXX 00200 Note: Documents not retrieved within 20-30 days (depending on country) will be returned to the Embassy/ Consular Section. For documents belonging to minors, parents must bring a copy of the birth certificate. If the person collecting the document is not a parent, you will need a notarized power of attorney and a photocopy of the ID of legal representative issuing the letter. Changes made to the courier location after this notification, will not be processed. Sincerely, The Visa Information Service

Dear EKAITE, This email is to inform you that a document has been submitted to the courier by the U.S. consular section for return to you. On average, it takes one to two business days for the package to be available. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration. The air waybill tracking number for the package is 1234567890. You will need this number to receive your document. For additional information on the current tracking status of the document, the delivery location, or for a list of identification required to receive the document, please log into our website at http://usvisa-info.com. Please remember that you must use your passport number, date of birth, and nationality to log into the system. For your reference, the passport number we have on file is: A1XXXXXX. Your documents will be available for pick-up at XXXXXXX 00200 Note: Documents not retrieved within 20-30 days (depending on country) will be returned to the Embassy/ Consular Section. For documents belonging to minors, parents must bring a copy of the birth certificate. If the person collecting the document is not a parent, you will need a notarized power of attorney and a photocopy of the ID of legal representative issuing the letter. Changes made to the courier location after this notification, will not be processed. Sincerely, The Visa Information Service
Poa gal thanks at least we would know what to expect after the visa issue.:cool:

Poa gal thanks at least we would know what to expect after the visa issue.:cool:
I will give them today and go there on Friday to pick my Visa, cant wait to hold it in my hands. :p

Today's Devotion
We are able to persevere only because God works within us, within our free wills. And because God is at work in us, we are certain to persevere. The decrees of God concerning election are immutable. They do not change, because He does not change. All whom He justifies He glorifies. None of the elect has ever been lost

Our motto must continue to be perseverance. And ultimately I trust the Almighty will crown our efforts with success:)

thanks Karendi, have u booked medical,they are charging Ksh.103,000:mad:

Hi Nickelly, Pole actually the bills range between 20-30K per person. (what to do) unfortunately you can only have your medicals with that organization.
I did an email so waiting for the appointment date, when are your medicals? Luckily for me av had so many immunizations due to my nature of work, am hoping to skip quite a few and save a coin here and there.
Thanks

Thanks for this, as Nickelly said now we know what to expect when our visas are ready.

Hi Nickelly, Pole actually the bills range between 20-30K per person. (what to do) unfortunately you can only have your medicals with that organization.
I did an email so waiting for the appointment date, when are your medicals? Luckily for me av had so many immunizations due to my nature of work, am hoping to skip quite a few and save a coin here and there.
Thanks
I went there personally and booked for 18th coz next week they are not going to work until after election. They will be open from 18th March.

Guys i had my med checks on 22 n 23rd ,it was all wee but guys the needles are so painfull that i had to get sick off from duty.
the first day you do blood test,and xray then you are booked the following day.this is the worst of all,you are told in advance that get prepared for four injections,they are arraged in a tray the the thing starts one after the other as you leave there the shoulders are making funny noise...unfilled jerican with water......tubby,tuby.come a day after the injections my friends no sleep they ache all over even yu encounter fever.For the blood test they fill 1/2 ltrs 500ml syrige could yu imagine what yu go thro....los of pain.

befor the 4 injections you YOU UNDERGO A THOROUGH physical fittness test height,weight eye,ears,pressure etc but the intresting part you remove all the clothing ..i mean yu remain nude and he acesses those critical parts even he touches to see the response.any officer can be assigned this duty regardless you sex,pray that you are not examined by opposite sex.All in all i went throu successfully.best of luck to those awaiting this experience
Guys Going for Medical do u remember this:p