• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Good day to all;

I would like to ask you for advices about cheap HOTEL in Nairobi where a family can stay when coming to do medical exam and interview,
please i need your ideas about this and your advices as I will be staying with a child.
thank you.
my interview is in january and I will be in Nairobi 1 January.

Thank you.

Good luck to you. I see you will enter the year in style. Success!

Oh my God more expenses No xmas parties more saving, save! save! save!

Lolz, ma'am, please don't scare me. I haven't got any money, how would I make it to US then. By the way, are you single or you have a family and children?

Best of luck with your saving!!!!!!

Lolz, ma'am, please don't scare me. I haven't got any money, how would I make it to US then. By the way, are you single or you have a family and children?

Best of luck with your saving!!!!!!

gabam from the look of things this fee might be paid in the US because it is not visa processing fee it is for the GC this means you cant get the greencard if you havent paid the $165 that is my understanding.
Note: Applicants will now have two separate fees to pay. They are still required to pay the DOS visa application processing fee, and will now also have to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee.!!!!!!

let us wait and see how the fee will be paid i am praying for it to favour us. Since the expense is still alot.

By the way, are you single or you have a family and children?
No i am not single, i am married and i have a 6yr old beautiful girl. So the fee is gonna be thrice hahahahahaha God help us all

3 chimps went missing from a zoo.
the first one was found playing soccor, the 2nd one was found riding on a bus and THE LAST ONE WAS FOUND READING THIS MESSAGE RIGHT NOW!!!!

:cool:;)

@MaKiki

Ma'am, does the US embassy require an affidavit of support from you? And do you have an affidavit of support from someone in US? And if not, how would you prove to the embassy that you would not become a public charge once you move to US. These questions go to all the Kenyan friends who have won the DV-2013?

Best of luck!

3 chimps went missing from a zoo.
the first one was found playing soccor, the 2nd one was found riding on a bus and THE LAST ONE WAS FOUND READING THIS MESSAGE RIGHT NOW!!!!

:cool:;)

wakakakakakaka!! ;) :D Dont you bring back our Baboon story. Now its Chimpz. Hey whats your take on the $165 additional fee

@MaKiki

Ma'am, does the US embassy require an affidavit of support from you? And do you have an affidavit of support from someone in US? And if not, how would you prove to the embassy that you would not become a public charge once you move to US. These questions go to all the Kenyan friends who have won the DV-2013?

Best of luck!

Ma'am, does the US embassy require an affidavit of support from you?

Affidavit of Support.

DV 2012, DV 2013 and DV 2014 visa lottery winners must provide an Affidavit of Support in the form of I-134 to be issued with the required U.S Immigrant visas that they had won through the diversity visa lottery. The petitioner must be an American citizen or an American LPR status holder and has to sign the I-134 in front of authorized official. I-134 form should be hand covered on the day of the interview to the interviewing consular officer by the dv lottery winner along with the necessary documents. If the affidavit of support is not provided by the dv lottery winner the visa processing will be delayed in many case the visas may be refused.

And if not, how would you prove to the embassy that you would not become a public charge once you move to US.
Those who don’t have a guarantor may show proof of their assets and bank balances to proof that they won’t become a public charge while they are in the USA. Also they can pre-arrange a job in the USA to take that job once they reach the USA. Any how the final decision on whether to issue the visa or not will be decided by the Consular immigration officer at the time of the interview after viewing all the documents.

Those who don't have a sponsor person or can't provide affidavit of support can have their own sponsorship.

To proof this they must take enough funds with them to survive in the USA.

They must have an on arrival job and it should be certified from the USA.

And do you have an affidavit of support from someone in US??
I have 5 direct cousins who are willing to write for me the form i-134 and even friends from high school are both will to send theirs. So yes i will get it in January.

Last edited by a moderator:
wakakakakakaka!! ;) :D Dont you bring back our Baboon story. Now its Chimpz. Hey whats your take on the $165 additional fee

well about the extra cash if it is true then added pressure on us all. but for me seeeing as i am a single(dummping gf this week coz dont wanna buy Christmas presents!!!), young, handsome:cool: lol i dont really think it will be too much of a big deal unlike for u Makiki and the other married ppl with families i feel for u

well about the extra cash if it is true then added pressure on us all. but for me seeeing as i am a single(dummping gf this week coz dont wanna buy Christmas presents!!!), young, handsome:cool: lol i dont really think it will be too much of a big deal unlike for u Makiki and the other married ppl with families i feel for u

Feel for us t.maz but do something!! :p hey i read that If the applicant is unable to make this payment, another person can make this payment on the applicant’s behalf. :cool: All check payments must be drawn on a U.S. bank.

Seriously you aint gonna dump gf coz of xmas gift lol! then get back after xmas or after new year???

but seriously this increase in the price for a visa is too much coz for ppl like Makiki with a husband and a kid the visa will cost almost $1500 wat more for those with bigger families!!?? i think for the selected ppl who are single the increase will hurt but not as much as for those who are married. Here in Zim the medical will cost u about $230 ASSUMING YOU DONT NEED AN VACCINATIONS ETC. SO FOR THE PPLE WITH FAMILIES THIS IS REALLY GOING TO HURT THEM EVEN MORE!

here is a breakdown of how much it may cost me to from start to finish of this dv visa

Send papers to KCC $ 65
Police Clearance (non urgent 7days) $ 10
Medicals (without need for further vaccination) $ 230
Interview cost $ 495
Plane ticket (return always cheaper) $ 2000

TOTAL $2 800

These cost assume no other unforeseen expense and one has not even included money one may need in reserve for when you get there coz u cant go and suck off others!!!
i really feel for those with families! yoh!

can you guys in the East put up estimate costs so we can all hav an idea

My Journey to America is worth this much $8631

MARRIED WITH ONE CHILD
Sending papers $6 by the way i sent my papers thru ordinary mail
Passports mine and dota $106
Hubby's Passport $147
Police clearence my country $24
police clearence abroad $30
Medical for 2 adults $494
Medical for a child $270
Visa for 3 heads $1495
Bus Ticket to Embassy for 3 heads $156
Hotel Room $ 50
Air Ticket $ 6000
For my family to get to the Obama land we will cough a whole $8631

But SINGLE man from my town will spend $2950
SINGLE AND FREE
Sending papers $45
Passport $53
Police clearence $12
Medical $247
Visa $495
Bus Ticket to Embassy $47
Hotel Room $ 50
Air Ticket $ 2000
It will cost him only $2950

A difference of $5682 no wonder a poor friend of mine never made it to the US, him and his family were selected DV2012 but he didnt even step at the embassy.

My Journey to America is worth this much

But SINGLE man from my town will spend

A difference of $5682 no wonder a poor friend of mine never made it to the US, him and his family were selected DV2012 but he didnt even step at the embassy.

OMG i feel for you guys!
u are ryt that is why a lot of ppl dont go ahead with this. coz realistically even for single man like me even after these cost i will still need approximately another $3000 to be safe even if u have a sponsor coz the last thing you want to do is be a burden on the people u will be staying with.
THIS THING IS EXPENSIVE

Makiki, we are finally at it. All shall be well
The bulletin is out!! t.maz you are very funny:D lol, kyle am here very early in the morning just woke up to see if am reached.;) gabam i hope you are below or exactly on 4300 coz i am looking forward to hear your story in February. Mashpol we are in and Frank80 am hoping you are, if its exactly the number the reached. God will favour us this i declare.

Hi fellow members hope every one doing well,am counting days to get foot plster removed after the accident,read the full anticipated new fees below as earlier mentioned above there by ahwah
USCIS Immigrant Fee
Effective February 1, 2013
About the Fee
Foreign nationals who seek permanent residence in the United States and receive an immigrant visa will need to pay a USCIS Immigrant Fee beginning February 1, 2013.
The new fee of $165 was established in USCIS’s final rule adjusting fees for immigration applications and petitions announced on Sept. 24, 2010. USCIS has worked closely with the Department of State (DOS) to implement the new fee which allows USCIS to recover the cost of processing that is performed in the United States after immigrant visa holders receive their visa packages from DOS and are admitted to the United States.
Note: Applicants will now have two separate fees to pay. They are still required to pay the DOS visa application processing fee, and will now also have to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee.
What the Fee Covers
The immigrant fee will cover the cost of USCIS staff time to handle, file and maintain the immigrant visa package, and the cost of producing and delivering the permanent resident card.
Who Needs to Pay the Fee
Any individual who on or after February 1, 2013 receives an immigrant visa package from a United States consulate or embassy abroad (including Canada and Mexico) will pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee.
Intercountry Adoptions
The fee does not apply to those entering the United States under intercountry adoptions programs.
Children admitted into the United States under the Orphan or Hague Adoptions Process are currently exempt from paying the USCIS Immigrant Fee; however, USCIS will consider the cost of processing immigrant visas issued by the DOS for the Orphan and Hague process the next time there is an adjustment to the fee schedule.
When and How to Pay the Fee
Applicants must pay this fee online through the USCIS website. Applicants should submit payments after they receive their visa package from DOS and before they depart for the United States.
Applicants can electronically submit the fee by answering the questions on the USCIS website by providing their:
• checking account information, or
• debit or credit card information.
All check payments must be drawn on a U.S. bank.
If the applicant is unable to make this payment, another person can make this payment on the applicant’s behalf.
Failure to Pay
The applicant will not receive a green card until the required USCIS Immigrant fee is paid.
Failure to pay does not affect the lawful status of the applicant. While the applicant can use their Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Form I-94, Arrival and Departure Record, for one year to document they are a lawful permanent resident, once that I-94 stamp expires, the applicant will need to possess a green card as evidence of their lawful permanent resident status.

Last updated:12/12/2012