• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Once your visa is granted and you enter the country you are on your own. whatever you want to do - YOU are responsible for that.

You're right Obeez, i think my chances are bright, especially coming from a country where
1.awareness of the DV program is quite low.
2. The level at which people use the internet is still low. Some people even when availed with a computer may not know what to do,
3. The education qualification. Yes this does throw so many people off the track.
4. Finances....boy this thing is quite costly. Even that bit about traveling to Nairobi has always been a problem in my eyes. I think we have to travel twice.
5. Patience, determination, etc, little by little they all fall down and only those that meet all that's required may not have to fight too much for their visas.

This is so true

hellllo friends,been away for a while atleast to have air.time is moving quite slowly n visa bulletin not favouring us at all.but the lord is great.had an accident on saturday night fractured leg but all the glory goes to the lord coz am alive.lets keep praying the devil is not happy with what is ahead.he is under our feet and he has no say.god bless.

So sorry Josse, Another accident to one of our own? This is not good. I pray you're fine. We all need to pray to God to cover us by his Son's most precious blood.

Police Certificate

Which police certificates that we must submit to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at your interview. Where do get them from here in Kenya??

hello

Hi guys
how u all there in the West of the motherland Africa!

Special shout out to my first frend on these forums Makiki!!!
jus rather curious tho.... how many of us here (myself) included are SINGLE? coz i am told the chances of a CO regarding you as a public charge are less and you dont really need to show bank statements etc..
this dv thing can really complicate the love life of a single man!!! decisons decisions...

Hi guys

jus rather curious tho.... how many of us here (myself) included are SINGLE? coz i am told the chances of a CO regarding you as a public charge are less and you dont really need to show bank statements etc..
this dv thing can really complicate the love life of a single man!!! decisons decisions...

t.maz you are welcome to the East Africa House (we have people from Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, Ethiopia) it is has many singles like Obeezyb, Jimma Boy and some will say for themselves. House t.maz is from Zimbambwe. Regarding your question its abit tricky because some people arent asked about support in the US and some are asked. So to be on the safe side have everything with you please dont just assume. If you have any relatives or friends in the US to house you when you land then you dont need to mind about being public charge.

t.maz you are welcome to the East Africa House (we have people from Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, Ethiopia) it is has many singles like Obeezyb, Jimma Boy and some will say for themselves. House t.maz is from Zimbambwe. Regarding your question its abit tricky because some people arent asked about support in the US and some are asked. So to be on the safe side have everything with you please dont just assume. If you have any relatives or friends in the US to house you when you land then you dont need to mind about being public charge.

Well in my case i have my aunt (mum's sister who coincidentally won in 2007) there. But if you say you have somewhere to house i am sure it may be correct to say that your C.O MAY ask for that affidavit of support/sponsorship form to prove that you really do have somewhere to stay AND the person you have mentioned has really agreed to take care of you.

Again like you said don't take anything for granted!!! I suggest we all start saving up and putting money in our accounts coz i guess it depends on the person who interviews you

Well in my case i have my aunt (mum's sister who coincidentally won in 2007) there. But if you say you have somewhere to house i am sure it may be correct to say that your C.O MAY ask for that affidavit of support/sponsorship form to prove that you really do have somewhere to stay AND the person you have mentioned has really agreed to take care of you.

Again like you said don't take anything for granted!!! I suggest we all start saving up and putting money in our accounts coz i guess it depends on the person who interviews you

Yes you are right we should have money in our accounts incase. Save! Save! Save! With this you will also help your host in buying groceries and pocket money.:cool:

Tic toc tic toc

The visa bulletin is almost out just counting hours from now tic toc tic toc and may it reach 21000 to favour me lol:D

The visa bulletin is almost out just counting hours from now tic toc tic toc and may it reach 21000 to favour me lol:D

lol anxiety is gripping u :) i hope it reaches 30 000!! dont worry somehow i have a feelin u will definately be current this tym!! i envy you i wish i was you ryt now

Welcome to the forum...

Hi guys

Howdy:cool::cool:

hmmm..bro,East:p

jus rather curious tho.... how many of us here (myself) included are SINGLE?
I am not:)

coz i am told the chances of a CO regarding you as a public charge are less and you dont really need to show bank statements etc..
so far... every case is different & that wont mean that my interview(since I'm married) will be harder than yours.As it is,odds are what they are but reality paints a different picture.

this dv thing can really complicate the love life of a single man!!! decisons decisions..
what r ur intentions(u have about 8 months to go)?:p

t.maz you are welcome to the East Africa House (we have people from Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, Ethiopia) it is has many singles like Obeezyb
LOL(smh)..Makiki,if my better half saw this she'll hunt u down & have ur head:p:p.

t.maz you are welcome to the East Africa House (we have people from Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, Ethiopia) it is has many singles like Obeezyb, Jimma Boy and some will say for themselves. House t.maz is from Zimbambwe. Regarding your question its abit tricky because some people arent asked about support in the US and some are asked. So to be on the safe side have everything with you please dont just assume. If you have any relatives or friends in the US to house you when you land then you dont need to mind about being public charge..
LOL(smh)..Makiki,if my better half saw this she'll hunt u down & have ur head:p:p.

OMG!! aaaalllll this time i thought you are single. By God's grace she wont see it ;)