• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

This waiting game.......

23rd May 2010, 05:58 AM #11 I_and_Mywife
Posts 5

Thank you so much obeeyz for sharing such an informative piece,i thank the lord for the ethiopian couple,by the way,those of us thatare married and don't have kids....lets pray so much i understand if you don't have kids they might suspect you....and oh..im yet to pay my dowry..what should i tell them?n then guys i have traveled upcountry so i no longer have access to unlimited internet but don worry i will keep checking on you(gone to seek blessings from elders but i am praying seriously too;)
in short guys i need prayers,i even wrote in my wife's form that she was born at the same place i was born(so dump of me)but in her form we wrote the right place...should i email kcc about it or what now?
Happy to see the forum has woken up,i believe if all goes well my interview will be in Oct with wanking master---so guys i hope you will learn from our success -God willing or run from our failures!!

Thank you so much obeeyz for sharing such an informative piece,i thank the lord for the ethiopian couple,by the way,those of us thatare married and don't have kids....lets pray so much i understand if you don't have kids they might suspect you....and oh..im yet to pay my dowry..what should i tell them?n then guys i have traveled upcountry so i no longer have access to unlimited internet but don worry i will keep checking on you(gone to seek blessings from elders but i am praying seriously too;)
in short guys i need prayers,i even wrote in my wife's form that she was born at the same place i was born(so dump of me)but in her form we wrote the right place...should i email kcc about it or what now?
Happy to see the forum has woken up,i believe if all goes well my interview will be in Oct with wanking master---so guys i hope you will learn from our success -God willing or run from our failures!!

Thank you so much obeeyz for sharing such an informative piece
u r very welcome;more is yet to come(watch this space:cool:)

by the way,those of us thatare married and don't have kids....lets pray so much i understand if you don't have kids they might suspect you.
naturally,even I would be suspicious!!!:D

oh..im yet to pay my dowry..what should i tell them
tell em u r still negotiating:cool:

n then guys i have traveled upcountry so i no longer have access to unlimited internet but don worry i will keep checking on you(gone to seek blessings from elders but i am praying seriously too;)
keep the faith,tuko pamoja...

i even wrote in my wife's form that she was born at the same place i was born(so dump of me)but in her form we wrote the right place...should i email kcc about it or what now?
It would be wise to email them new forms with a cover letter explaining the discrepancies.

we surely will learn from u guyz.

Expect the best,prepare for the worst,to GOD,leave all the rest.

Cheers.

u r very welcome;more is yet to come(watch this space:cool:)

naturally,even I would be suspicious!!!:D

tell em u r still negotiating:cool:

keep the faith,tuko pamoja...

It would be wise to email them new forms with a cover letter explaining the discrepancies.

we surely will learn from u guyz.

Expect the best,prepare for the worst,to GOD,leave all the rest.

Cheers.

Yo crazy Obeez. I laughed at the part where u say even you would be suspicious of a married couple with no kids. Well on the other hand it just gives me loads of hope. We have 2 kids. While customary was done in 2009 we did the civil this year last month. We have loads of pictures for the customary and for the civil plus certificate for civil. The certificate for customary is the one you know if you are from Ug, its really not formal, you just buy it and fill the necessary details and that's it. You can advise on that part. About the kids, the first was born in 2008( before the customary) i hope that's not a problem. That's my case, are we good?

sample of the second notification letter

Below follows a sample of the 2nd letter which will be available 4-6 weeks before the interview at the Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/

--------------------------------------

Dear DV Applicant,

This is the official notice for you to pursue your application for a DV-2012 visa. An appointment has been scheduled for the applicant at the stated location. The applicant and all members of the family must appear at the appointed date and time for your interview. Please notify the office listed if you cannot keep the appointment.

The applicant and any eligible family members will be required to submit sufficient proof of identity upon arrival. If you fail to obtain a DV-2012 visa by September 30, 2012, your registration will expire. Applicant and family members cannot be issued a diversity visa or accompany you or join you in the United States under DV-2012 program after September 30, 2012.

Please follow instructions provided in step 4 at http://www.dvselectee.state.gov for Interview Preparation and Fee Payments. It is very important that you follow the guidelines carefully in the preparation for your interview. All fees must be paid before the visa interview and are non-refundable if the visa is refused.

Interview Appointment

U.S. Embassy in X country

Date of interview XXXXX

The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to the applicants’ name and case number exactly as they appear below.
Case Number: xxxxxx
Principal Applicant Name: xxxxxxx
Preference Category: DV DIVERSITY
Foreign State Chargeability: Your Country

If documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time of interview.
Case Number: XXXXXX
Applicant Name: XXXXXX
Beneficiaries: None XXXXXX

Yo crazy Obeez. I laughed at the part where u say even you would be suspicious of a married couple with no kids. Well on the other hand it just gives me loads of hope. We have 2 kids. While customary was done in 2009 we did the civil this year last month. We have loads of pictures for the customary and for the civil plus certificate for civil. The certificate for customary is the one you know if you are from Ug, its really not formal, you just buy it and fill the necessary details and that's it. You can advise on that part. About the kids, the first was born in 2008( before the customary) i hope that's not a problem. That's my case, are we good?

Yo crazy Obeez. I laughed at the part where u say even you would be suspicious of a married couple with no kids.
Afro couple with no kids???It is indeed strange but given that western society is catching up with us,some of us do dedicate ourselves to our careers,each other & the like.

I guess we're all in the same boat;)I got married about a month ago,no kids & only have pics for my civil marriage & the govt issued cert.Right now I'm trying to gather all the courtship pix so as to back it up(Perhaps I should get her paged to bolster out case..LOL_its all in GOD'S hands.).

My deduction of this whole process is that all u need is GOD,every other thing is just details even if ur papers r perfect.I've gone thru all Nigerian & Ghanaian threads & they've really opened my eyes.I've read of ppl being denied visas coz their signatures don't have a dot,misrepresenting where u were born,having different info as answers to queries #10 & 11 on the DS-230,failing to answer queries related to ur profession,professions not being eligible...& the list continues.I've read of ppl being granted visas even after interchanging of derivative's names(wife's & daughters),applicant submitting fake cert,applicant refusing to answer queries/dodging queries & the like.

All in all,these are ppl's accounts(their perspectives) & that does not mean they r 100% true neither does it absolve the COs for at times not getting it right,after all we re human.

U having kids is definitely a big +: As for the Ug cert,I'm at a loss,no idea,opinion,iota of info(hint_I'm Kenyan).

From ur info,u r definitely good to go;hope ur prepping for the interview especially what we would consider routine like names of inlaws,what u had for dinner & the like.I recently read another experience where he was deliberately misled by the CO but given that he knew his facts,it was all good.

Check out the link below;

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?215351-Sad-news-from-Kenya&highlight=sad+news+kenya

yea & am from Nyanza province...lets w8 & see.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Below follows a sample of the 2nd letter which will be available 4-6 weeks before the interview at the Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/

--------------------------------------

Dear DV Applicant,

This is the official notice for you to pursue your application for a DV-2012 visa. An appointment has been scheduled for the applicant at the stated location. The applicant and all members of the family must appear at the appointed date and time for your interview. Please notify the office listed if you cannot keep the appointment.

The applicant and any eligible family members will be required to submit sufficient proof of identity upon arrival. If you fail to obtain a DV-2012 visa by September 30, 2012, your registration will expire. Applicant and family members cannot be issued a diversity visa or accompany you or join you in the United States under DV-2012 program after September 30, 2012.

Please follow instructions provided in step 4 at http://www.dvselectee.state.gov for Interview Preparation and Fee Payments. It is very important that you follow the guidelines carefully in the preparation for your interview. All fees must be paid before the visa interview and are non-refundable if the visa is refused.

Interview Appointment

U.S. Embassy in X country

Date of interview XXXXX

The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to the applicants’ name and case number exactly as they appear below.
Case Number: xxxxxx
Principal Applicant Name: xxxxxxx
Preference Category: DV DIVERSITY
Foreign State Chargeability: Your Country

If documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time of interview.
Case Number: XXXXXX
Applicant Name: XXXXXX
Beneficiaries: None XXXXXX

Thank u very much....

Easy does it

18th July 2006, 11:50 AM #1 mkikuyu
Posts 4
Succesful CP in Nairobi KENYA
16 june got 1rst letter
23 june sent back
18 may 2006 got 2nd letter
13 june 2006 interviwe

Got to tha US embussy at 9am thou my interviwe was supposed to be at 10am, went through at 9.30am straight to the waitin room, went to the Dv window presented my papers went back to the waitn room and waited for ma name to be called after 30mins was called at window 6 which was for the dv, was told to place mt left index finger on the scanner then same was done to my wife. The interviwer was a very young man and first he started by making some joke about my dressing i was in an African outfit then the Question began, frist what was my mother inlaws name then where my wife was born, my current job... THATS IT ! he said go pay for you visas collect them after 6 days.......

Afro couple with no kids???It is indeed strange but given that western society is catching up with us,some of us do dedicate ourselves to our careers,each other & the like.

I guess we're all in the same boat;)I got married about a month ago,no kids & only have pics for my civil marriage & the govt issued cert.Right now I'm trying to gather all the courtship pix so as to back it up(Perhaps I should get her paged to bolster out case..LOL_its all in GOD'S hands.).

My deduction of this whole process is that all u need is GOD,every other thing is just details even if ur papers r perfect.I've gone thru all Nigerian & Ghanaian threads & they've really opened my eyes.I've read of ppl being denied visas coz their signatures don't have a dot,misrepresenting where u were born,having different info as answers to queries #10 & 11 on the DS-230,failing to answer queries related to ur profession,professions not being eligible...& the list continues.I've read of ppl being granted visas even after interchanging of derivative's names(wife's & daughters),applicant submitting fake cert,applicant refusing to answer queries/dodging queries & the like.

All in all,these are ppl's accounts(their perspectives) & that does not mean they r 100% true neither does it absolve the COs for at times not getting it right,after all we re human.

U having kids is definitely a big +: As for the Ug cert,I'm at a loss,no idea,opinion,iota of info(hint_I'm Kenyan).

From ur info,u r definitely good to go;hope ur prepping for the interview especially what we would consider routine like names of inlaws,what u had for dinner & the like.I recently read another experience where he was deliberately misled by the CO but given that he knew his facts,it was all good.

Check out the link below;

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?215351-Sad-news-from-Kenya&highlight=sad+news+kenya

yea & am from Nyanza province...lets w8 & see.

Cheers.

I guess you and i will stay here for a while after the rest are gone. Cheers bro.

August 2012 visa bulletin is out

The August bulletin is out and it shows advance info for Sept only just like previous bulletins. I read somewhere and they said that the oct info would also be shown. I wonder where they got that info from. Every bulletin only shows the next month's info therefore Oct info will come out in Sept 2012.

The August bulletin is out and it shows advance info for Sept only just like previous bulletins. I read somewhere and they said that the oct info would also be shown. I wonder where they got that info from. Every bulletin only shows the next month's info therefore Oct info will come out in Sept 2012.
Ash know wat? A bulletin is released a month b-4 the actual month, For example we now have the August bulletin OK! when was it released? On July 12th Ok? Now yu should expect September bulletin to be released on 12-15th this month(and not on Sep)and on it there will be advance notification for the month of October. Sawa?
keeep yu locke'

another 30 days 2 go

Ouuuuuch,now that's a kick to the gut;the bulletin is ok as it is,I guess we were all caught up in the rush 2b current & get it over & done with.All in all,as the DV2012 selectees had mentioned,ur interview notification should come like 7-8 weeks prior to ur interview If 1 is 2b current in Oct,the notification must land b4 Sept (all things being equal).But then again,u cannot get notification if u r not current!!!!:confused:What I figure is this,the VO has already determined who will be current,its only that the info hasn't been released to the public.

In the old days,90s,the bulletin was printed & advance notification would be like even 2 months ahead!!!welcome to the internet age.

Next on the agenda????

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouuuuuch,now that's a kick to the gut;the bulletin is ok as it is,I guess we were all caught up in the rush 2b current & get it over & done with.All in all,as the DV2012 selectees had mentioned,ur interview notification should come like 7-8 weeks prior to ur interview If 1 is 2b current in Oct,the notification must land b4 Sept (all things being equal).But then again,u cannot get notification if u r not current!!!!:confused:What I figure is this,the VO has already determined who will be current,its only that the info hasn't been released to the public.

In the old days,90s,the bulletin was printed & advance notification would be like even 2 months ahead!!!welcome to the internet age.

Next on the agenda????

Yea, the mad rush is on. The first batch is already known by now as you've figured out. KCC is busy sending their files to the different embassies before the second NL. That is what I suspect. Next on the agenda are the second NLs. I expected some of the October guys to get theirs by 1st August. Anyway, lets wait n see.

Email from DVC

House,

Got ana email today, no...not 2nd NL, Just like another confirmation that they received my forms but this one was kidogo different. Though I had not sent a second enquiry....something like this....

Thank you for your inquiry. Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of October. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

The new info on this one is "acceptable for continuation..." and " Scheduling visa nos. for your region...."

Thought it was info worth sharing.

Karendi

hy guys! long tym ....ni exams zimenikalia tu sana....God willing ntamaliza 17th Aug...wish me success...lol....I'll b bak full force afta dat day....bt I always visit this forum. am a full member of this great family, period!

hy guys! long tym ....ni exams zimenikalia tu sana....God willing ntamaliza 17th Aug...wish me success...lol....I'll b bak full force afta dat day....bt I always visit this forum. am a full member of this great family, period!

Success!! Success!! Now that the whole house has been 'forced' to wish you success....lol...all the best. Interestingly I also have exams on 11th.
Yo right we have become a family, laterz.

Success!! Success!! Now that the whole house has been 'forced' to wish you success....lol...all the best. Interestingly I also have exams on 11th.
Yo right we have become a family, laterz.

thx Karendi....success you too bro....surely we'll succeed just d sem way we'll succeed to get the DV visas....may God the Almighty guide us to achieve our objectives....amiiin

exam fever

It seems we're in an exam mood;I(spouse & I) too will be having an exam next year,rather 2 exams,a medical one_IOM & the other a biographical one_US embassy;not sure about the date though,perhaps June,going by last years stats.With prayer,fasting & preparedness,we'll all pass with flying colors.

Wishing y'all SUCCESS in advance.:DLOL

It seems we're in an exam mood;I(spouse & I) too will be having an exam next year,rather 2 exams,a medical one_IOM & the other a biographical one_US embassy;not sure about the date though,perhaps June,going by last years stats.With prayer,fasting & preparedness,we'll all pass with flying colors.

Wishing y'all SUCCESS in advance.:DLOL

You're crazy Obeez, i sat and analysed trends kabisa and i concluded that i will be current in June. But if you think you are in June then maybe i should move to April.:):)