• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2013 Interview experiences and outcomes!!!

Hello friends,

I have a little problem regarding my police report. I applied for my police report in June 2012. Because I thought my interview will be schedule on October. However my interview scheduled in coming December 2012. My Police report will expire in January 2013, (I assume Police report validity period is 6months) just after my interview. I'm planing to go US in March 2013 due to personal reasons. Will it be a problem at point of entry?
Or Should I need to get another police report?

Please advise. Thank You

URGENT: wrong place of birth

hello house, i am a dv 2013 winner, my worry is, i filled a wrong place of birth in my country during the online entry. I have the correct place of birth on my birth cert and passport. An advisor told me to fill the correct place of birth( same country) in the forms from KCC, which i did. Am worried. Hope to get your various ideas on this.

Hello friends,

I have a little problem regarding my police report. I applied for my police report in June 2012. Because I thought my interview will be schedule on October. However my interview scheduled in coming December 2012. My Police report will expire in January 2013, (I assume Police report validity period is 6months) just after my interview. I'm planing to go US in March 2013 due to personal reasons. Will it be a problem at point of entry?
Or Should I need to get another police report?

Please advise. Thank You

It depends, where I live they told me 6 months if the police certificate is from the country you are living in. If it is a police certificate form a country you have lived in the past and you never went back, the police certificate lasts one year.

Please talk to your us embassy.

It depends, where I live they told me 6 months if the police certificate is from the country you are living in. If it is a police certificate form a country you have lived in the past and you never went back, the police certificate lasts one year.

Please talk to your us embassy.

Thanks a lot.

Successful interview experience at american embassy nairobi on 1st nov 2013 at 6:30am

SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE AT AMERICAN EMBASSY NAIROBI ON 1ST NOV 2013 AT 6:30AM

My wife and I arrived at the embassy at around 5:50am and we joined around 8 other people waiting outside the American Embassy.at around 6:10am we were allowed to get in the embassy and that meant getting to the second security clearance where they checked our names on the appointment list and also this is the point where you leave your electronic gadgets,I remember my wife being told to give her nail-cutter and hear-phones.We left our phones at this point and proceeded to the main building where the actual interview was to take place.
We were taken finger prints and for the DV applicants were given papers saying that to qualify one had to have a cplain and above or a c+ if one was to qualifywith degree.
We paid the money to the cashier and while waiting for our numbers to be called for the 3rd time so as to go and face the interviewer or the dreaded CO we met a lady who was single and also a winner.She told me that she reads the comments in the thread but has never joined the dv2013 kenyan winners thread,Shetold me of her cousin who had entered as single,applied for visa as married,now herinterview is next week and she broke up with the boyfriend and they don’t talk so the lady is talking of getting a death cert for the guy.!!by the way the gal passed as she was interviewed immediately after us.We saw 2 people who were denied and 2 who were put in administrative processes.
If one is given a red sheet of paper it means one has been denied, if one has been given yellow it means one has been put on administrative process, if one gets the green one it means their case has been approved .I didn’t know of anybody from greencard who was denied,SO GUYS BE SURE THAT ALL WILL BE WELL.AS WANKIN MASTER SAID BELIEVE ME YOU ALL HAVE VISAS ITS JUST YOUR TIME THAT IS NOT READY.
I was not asked for my album and my main worry was the fact that I didn’t have my photos for traditional wedding,dowry payment time or even introduction ceremony.we were interviewed by a middle-aged American man and he was not smiling but he looked as if not so interested in what you were saying but guys the CO is as sober as a judge.HERES THE MAIN INTERVIEW GUYS.
We were called to window 6.
I:Good morning sir!
CO: Hi to you!
CO: Raise up your hands and swear.
(we lifted up our hands and swore to tell the truth,nothing but the truth)
CO: I will ask your wife to go out as I ask you some questions.(she left)
CO:Are you married?
Me: ;;;;;;;;;
CO:Whats your date of marriage?
ME: ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
CO:How much did you pay for your dowry?
ME : ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
CO: What do you do currently?
CO:Go out and call your wife.
(I went out and called her and I was left out)
the CO just asked her the name of her husband and my date of birth and she was told to call me,he then asked us how we inted to support ourselves in the us and we told him and he asked my wife our date of marriage again as if to confuse her.she answered and then he looked at us keenly and said,I approve your visas welcome to America!
And that’s it guys,it took us less than 4 minutes,the whole affair was so short and he picked the green slip without even looking and told us to register with DHL so that we can get our passports and visa back.in our excitement we left our marriage cert but we went back to the embassy to get it(we were not allowed to get in there but were brought to the second gate)I thank the lord guys for what saved us was the whole lot of prayers guys.We had done several mistakes on the visa application form guys and even mistakes on our initial EDv form,like my date of birth and also we realized that we had not written where my wife was born correctly as we had written we were b orn in the same hospital,she had not even filled two spaces on her visa application form but they did not ask.My host has changed address and I told the CO to check the email she wrote to me but he said its Okey we will sort out the new address later.!!lol,guess he was already in MEMBERS DAY MOOD!! You know their Friday starts on Thursday!!!lol,thanks for your support ,goodwill and care members,looking forward to seeing you all there!!!
NB:
Ultimately though, I strongly agree with a dv winner from the previous thread who wrote -

“u have to understand that while it pays to go with genuine certificates,it neither by might nor by power.There are so many people who have gone with genuine documents and were still denied visas.This is where faith comes in.Remember,the race is not to the swift,the battle is not to the strong,neither bread to the wise,not yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill(Ecc. 9:11).More over,it is not of him that wills nor of him that runs,but of God that showeth infinite mercy.

so when all ur papers are intact and genuine,u commit ur ways to the Lord so that he will direct ur paths.It is not of our efforts,it just by the grace of God that we have been selected and we can only make it by the same grace.
God Bless you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Congrats

SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE AT AMERICAN EMBASSY NAIROBI ON 1ST NOV 2013 AT 6:30AM

My wife and I arrived at the embassy at around 5:50am and we joined around 8 other people waiting outside the American Embassy.at around 6:10am we were allowed to get in the embassy and that meant getting to the second security clearance where they checked our names on the appointment list and also this is the point where you leave your electronic gadgets,I remember my wife being told to give her nail-cutter and hear-phones.We left our phones at this point and proceeded to the main building where the actual interview was to take place.
We were taken finger prints and for the DV applicants were given papers saying that to qualify one had to have a cplain and above or a c+ if one was to qualifywith degree.
We paid the money to the cashier and while waiting for our numbers to be called for the 3rd time so as to go and face the interviewer or the dreaded CO we met a lady who was single and also a winner.She told me that she reads the comments in the thread but has never joined the dv2013 kenyan winners thread,Shetold me of her cousin who had entered as single,applied for visa as married,now herinterview is next week and she broke up with the boyfriend and they don’t talk so the lady is talking of getting a death cert for the guy.!!by the way the gal passed as she was interviewed immediately after us.We saw 2 people who were denied and 2 who were put in administrative processes.
If one is given a red sheet of paper it means one has been denied, if one has been given yellow it means one has been put on administrative process, if one gets the green one it means their case has been approved .I didn’t know of anybody from greencard who was denied,SO GUYS BE SURE THAT ALL WILL BE WELL.AS WANKIN MASTER SAID BELIEVE ME YOU ALL HAVE VISAS ITS JUST YOUR TIME THAT IS NOT READY.
I was not asked for my album and my main worry was the fact that I didn’t have my photos for traditional wedding,dowry payment time or even introduction ceremony.we were interviewed by a middle-aged American man and he was not smiling but he looked as if not so interested in what you were saying but guys the CO is as sober as a judge.HERES THE MAIN INTERVIEW GUYS.
the CO just asked her the name of her husband and my date of birth and she was told to call me,he then asked us how we inted to support ourselves in the us and we told him and he asked my wife our date of marriage again as if to confuse her.she answered and then he looked at us keenly and said,I approve your visas welcome to America!
And that’s it guys,it took us less than 4 minutes,the whole affair was so short and he picked the green slip without even looking and told us to register with DHL so that we can get our passports and visa back.in our excitement we left our marriage cert but we went back to the embassy to get it(we were not allowed to get in there but were brought to the second gate)I thank the lord guys for what saved us was the whole lot of prayers guys.We had done several mistakes on the visa application form guys and even mistakes on our initial EDv form,like my date of birth and also we realized that we had not written where my wife was born correctly as we had written we were b orn in the same hospital,she had not even filled two spaces on her visa application form but they did not ask.My host has changed address and I told the CO to check the email she wrote to me but he said its Okey we will sort out the new address later.!!lol,guess he was already in MEMBERS DAY MOOD!! You know their Friday starts on Thursday!!!lol,thanks for your support ,goodwill and care members,looking forward to seeing you all there!!!
NB:
Ultimately though, I strongly agree with a dv winner from the previous thread who wrote -

“u have to understand that while it pays to go with genuine certificates,it neither by might nor by power.There are so many people who have gone with genuine documents and were still denied visas.This is where faith comes in.Remember,the race is not to the swift,the battle is not to the strong,neither bread to the wise,not yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill(Ecc. 9:11).More over,it is not of him that wills nor of him that runs,but of God that showeth infinite mercy.

so when all ur papers are intact and genuine,u commit ur ways to the Lord so that he will direct ur paths.It is not of our efforts,it just by the grace of God that we have been selected and we can only make it by the same grace.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

NB:

AMEN!AMEN!!AMEN!!! glory be to GOD ALMIGHTY. HE has done for you and HE will surely do mine for me. for HIS love endures for those who seek for it.may HE continue to be with you and your family in JESUS name. AMEN!!!

Any DV-2013 winner from Kuwait ??

Hello,
I am wondering if I can find people who already had their interviews at the US Embassy of Kuwait ?? Any DV-2013 winners who live in Kuwait now ? Reply here or send me a private message. Thanks.
Mohanned

hello friends!

I faced interview today afternoon. Interview successful thanks god .............. . not so hard questions, only document related questions and accepted my all documents............. and finally told me that you get visa and gave me a card to collect my passport and visa for next week. thanks my best wishers and prayers...............

hello friends!

I faced interview today afternoon. Interview successful thanks god .............. . not so hard questions, only document related questions and accepted my all documents............. and finally told me that you get visa and gave me a card to collect my passport and visa for next week. thanks my best wishers and prayers...............

Congrats nepa. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Rule of thumb:

When is my interview?

([CN]-1400) / 1000 => month and date of interview.

E.g.

CN = 7890
([CN]-1400) / 1000 = 6.49

Interview is on Friday, June 14th 2013, 16:48.

Don't be late :)

Just a theory...

Good luck!

p.s. you number is really good. Don't worry

--

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is"

Hello again friend :)

So according to your formulae above how would you guess-timate my interview date:

CN = AF7XXXX (mid 70,000).

All the best :)

July/August

Hey Makiki, thanks for replying :). I know I'm being a pain but how'd you figure out that my interview will be in July/August? Could you elaborate a bit? By the way good luck with your interview in February :)

I saw your name on another thread, are you from Kenya? I'm from TZ.

I think I might as well share my surprise DV story...

My DV story was a shock. I was sitting at home bored to bits in October 2011 and I'd had enough of my Xbox so I went upstairs to my office and started surfing the net and stumbled across the DV site and filled up the form/photo and got the printout then threw it in my tray and simply forgot about it completely because I never thought in a million years I'd be selected.

Come April 30th I was walking out of the elevator at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Addis Ababa and heading out for dinner that evening when my mother said "you know tomorrow is the DV notification" and I said "oh yeah I completely forgot about that but who cares because so many people are applying and I'll never be selected."

Until that point I never thought I'd stand a chance of moving and living in the US and my father and I had just started up a new industry in April 2012 so I'd seen my future in TZ for the foreseeable future. For the me the US was an annual holiday where I'd spend 6-8 weeks of my summer relaxing away from the madness of work.

Come May 1st I'm sitting like a cabbage on a bean bag at my parents' place and opened up the Entrant Status Check and my jaw simply fell to the floor and tongue rolled all the way like a red carpet and my first reaction was "holy s---!" and my parents said "what happened?" and I said "I got selected, oh crap, oh crap! Now what will I do and all the business interests I'm managing/handling, who'll do it?"

My father said "are you stupid or something? How many people do you know that apply first time and get selected? Its unheard of!!! Perhaps your prayers got you this chance so take it and live the dream!"

Anyway I didn't print out the form until two days later because it still hadn't sunk in. From that point onwards all I've been doing is planning and planning and planning how things will operate in my absence and who to delegate to and what I'll be handling all the way in the US if I move there.

The US Embassy is actually on my route to the office in the morning and I always look at the path from the road to the security gate and wonder when my day will finally come that I'll be walking on that path and hopefully walking out with an entry visa and salute the Star Spangled Banner on my way out.

Its been a dream come true for me since my messy divorce 4 years ago and since then I've been on the up and up and I know somewhere the Almighty has been watching out for me.

I pray that the Almighty watches out for you all and that we all achieve our dream of a new life in America...who knows we might even bump into each other there if we get selected!

God Bless :)

Amazing story Momo!
Actually, I am also one of those lucky ones, who got selected, though I only applied for the first time.
I have known about the lottery for quite some time, but I was not motivated to do the paperwork, with the web application, it was quite easy. I totally did not expect to win, I was actually in the process of applying for a job, a long term one, when I realised, I was selected.
Good luck with the interview (to us all)!

sucessfull dv interview EU kingston Jamaica

like hzss12 we are also one of those lucky ones, who got selected, though we only applied for the first time.
applied same time as a husband with dependents and a wife with dependents, wife was the lucky one! both of us born in EU but living in the Cayman Islands.. we have no embassy here so had to go to Kingston Jamaica for medical and then 2 weeks later for interview. very worried as one of our daughters had turned 21 in November! we had concerns she would be aged out! but law says if person turns 21 during the process they proceed as if she is under 21. As many have posted the interview is nothing serious, normal security check, sit and wait for your number, fingerprints taken, documents taken, they take the copies and returned originals immediately, sent to pay DV fee US$ 330 per person, take receipt back to the same window, daughter had to sign form that she would not get married before entering the US, sit down and wait. called to another window by consul, raise right hand, promise that everything you say and have given is the truth, fingerprint (machine) to confirm your identity.B1 visa stamped "cancelled without prejudice" consul says you wont be needing these tourist visas anymore you are now residents. thank you and goodbye! no other questions asked. took about 3 hrs in total when we walked out.

CN : 2013EU00012***
Entered DV-2013 : October 2011
1st NL : May 2012
Forms Sent : June 2012
2nd NL : December 18, 2012
Medical : January 17th 2013 Kingston Jamaica
Interview : 7 AM, 5th February 2013 Kingston Jamaica
POE : Florida maybe in the summer.
GC : ???
SSN : ???