• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Congrats varxx!!!;)
I don't have AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT I-134 form. Can I just fill it now and show them if they ask at the interview?

mgcelik,

dont send any documents related to affidavit of support now.

I was also ready for I-134 form too. But, IO asked me, show me a proof of annual income higher than poverty guidelines or sponsorship (i.e. I 134)? I handed him my income (W2-2012) which fortunately slightly higher than poverty level for 3 people in family (I am a grad. student!). Of course, I also included copies of my offer letter, paystubs while filing I-485. So, it worked. I am glad that I dont have to put my sponsor at risk. I hope the situation will be similar to you too.

In order to receive updates on your phone or email you need to register online on USCIS but to know the tracking number you don't necessarily have to register, you can just type in your case number and if your case is already at that step then you will see your tracking number.

Pryanik :)

Hi Pryanik,
I got little confused here. online uscis means online status check or the personal account that you can create on UScis home page? Thanks in advance for clarification.

In order to receive updates on your phone or email you need to register online on USCIS but to know the tracking number you don't necessarily have to register, you can just type in your case number and if your case is already at that step then you will see your tracking number.

Well, our status still stuck in Decision after a brief period (3-4 hr) in card production stage after the interview. Hope the tracking number will pop-up soon in online check

Thanks Pryanik for the clarification!

Well, our status still stuck in Decision after a brief period (3-4 hr) in card production stage after the interview. Hope the tracking number will pop-up soon in online check

Same happened to us, don't worry. It'll show your tracking number at some point.

This is normal. Just wait.

Thanks Pryanik for the clarification!

I finally got my card delivered today.
I heard the card is no longer green, but I guess it is back to green.

I wish you guys best of luck for everybody's case.
but remember "patient is virtue".

in the timeline spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...authkey=CKu6h5UN&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

some people, such as karen127 and many others (please see spreadsheet link above), was current in June 2011 but sent his AOS package to chicago in 4/11/2011.
I was wondering if we could send out package to chicago before our case number becomes current

Thank you very much for the help!

help+,
Many people in the past elected to send their applications as soon as their numbers became current in the advance notification bulletin. Some of them got accepted and some others got rejected and their application was sent back to them. Some people had to apply twice and even more before they get it accepted. While it is safer to wait for your number to become current and be sure your application is accepted, you may try to send it earlier (~ 1 month before you become current), and if it gets rejected you will have enough time to receive your application and reappply again without losing time.

Gd luck.

Congratulations!
do you know why you had to wait so long?

thanks
I don't know the exact reason for the delay but there are few possibilities.

In my case, online status was "initial review" for a while after the interview, which indicates there was a reason FO could not say "go."

One possibility that I initial thought was tax. I normally file tax during February, but this year I had to wait until April due to unrelated issue. But this was most likely not a case since online status changed to "CPO" before IRS accepted my payment (I owed IRS for 2012).

Second possibility was FO was busy. But my interview was scheduled quite early, so less likely, but cannot exclude this possibility.

Third possibility is delay in background check. FBI background check can be either finger print or name check or both.
I don't know the name check will be done in DV cases, but comparing to finger print which can be done within few days, name check could take a while. Also there has been several situations reported that interview can be scheduled regardless of background check is done or not. So right now I think this could be the most likely reason of the delay.

But either way, all those are my speculation, and I have no idea but I have GC in my hand now, so I don't care lol.

So as I said, patient is virtue, as far as you are eligible and submit what they need on time, you will get a card some day.
so for those who are still in waiting game, sit back and don't worry too much about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is that I do not work and dont have any income?. I have F-1 visa and studying here. I guess I should take I-134 form with me.
mgcelik,

dont send any documents related to affidavit of support now.

I was also ready for I-134 form too. But, IO asked me, show me a proof of annual income higher than poverty guidelines or sponsorship (i.e. I 134)? I handed him my income (W2-2012) which fortunately slightly higher than poverty level for 3 people in family (I am a grad. student!). Of course, I also included copies of my offer letter, paystubs while filing I-485. So, it worked. I am glad that I dont have to put my sponsor at risk. I hope the situation will be similar to you too.

I have another question. When you are done with the interview, do they give you a document or paper stating that you are a green card holder/ permanent resident status?

I have another question. When you are done with the interview, do they give you a document or paper stating that you are a green card holder/ permanent resident status?

In my case, IO just signed the interview letter. Some reported they got a stamp on their passport, but I did not get one.
I asked IO to stamp on my passport but he told me they wont do that any more.

The IO printed approval letters right after telling we were approved and gave them to us.

Hello everyone

can someone answer my question please? I am trying to add my information to the spread and I am confused on what the different columns mean.

in the timeline spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...authkey=CKu6h5UN&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

some people, such as karen127 and many others (please see spreadsheet link above), was current in June 2011 but sent his AOS package to chicago in 4/11/2011.
I was wondering if we could send out package to chicago before our case number becomes current

Thank you very much for the help!