• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

''All DV Program 2011 visas must be issued or adjustment of status completed by September 30, 2011 - without exception''

Wow that seems like a short time frame or was it always like this?

keep praying he can do whatever we want!
this is my 13nth dv application
he will do who knows
keep in faith

If a country has a lot of participants, there is a big probability for someone to win or not?
I am always confused about that. It is totally random or it depends on the participation rate of the country?

If a country has a lot of participants, there is a big probability for someone to win or not?
I am always confused about that. It is totally random or it depends on the participation rate of the country?

The annual DV program makes visas available to persons meeting simple, but strict, eligibility requirements. A computer-generated, random lottery drawing chooses selectees for DVs. The visas are distributed among six geographic regions, with a greater number of visas going to regions with lower rates of immigration, and with no visas going to nationals of countries sending more than 50,000 immigrants to the United States over the period of the past five years. Within each region, no single country may receive more than seven percent of the available DVs in any one year. Hope this answers your question.

I was just wondering because it is said that Bangladesh has a very large amount of participants this year.
This fact means that a Bangladesh has more probabilities to win than someone else?
As far as it is random, why did you say that a greater number of visas goes to lower-rate of immigration countries?
Seems unfair to me. Countries with high rate of immigration have a bad economy so people need to immigrate!
Why does happen the opposite? :?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just wondering because it is said that Bangladesh has a very large amount of participants this year.
This fact means that a Bangladesh has more probabilities to win than someone else?
Every applicant from each region has an equal chance of winning according to the instructions.

I wish they would release the results earlier than May 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as it is random, why did you say that a greater number of visas goes to lower-rate of immigration countries?
Seems unfair to me. Countries with high rate of immigration have a bad economy so people need to immigrate!
Why does happen the opposite? :?
You should quote the entire sentence and it will answer your question. They don't care about persons who need to immigrate because of 'bad economy'. If they don't set visa limits, it will result in overpopulation in the U.S. Who knows, you maybe selected.

I don't think this is going to happen. They have strict rules. In addition it never happened before, as far as I know.
According to this forum, They mailed out notification letters as early as March in previous years. Since we can check online, there's no need to allow early access. Anyway, we have exactly 2 weeks to go.

It so amazing to see stories of persons who have been participating in DV lottery for years. I can't think of any other reason (s) why they have yet to be selected. I guess the wait appears to be extra long because this is my 1st time applying.

I have been applying for 10 or more years and nothing yet. Still hoping though...
Sometimes I get angry with people who apply for 1 or 2 times and they win. It's really unfair :(

He did it 4 me in my first application, i dnt knw why i dnt knw how but i knw wen He says it is ur time, the computer will nt make dat mistake nt to select u. I wish u all the best of luck. Hear dis, weda u win dis time or not, God is stil God, dnt ever think otherwise, good luck.

Guys do you think it matters the first letter after the year in the conf. number?
I mean if it is a number e.g 20121xxx or a letter e.g 2012Fxxx ... I'm asking because most of the people who have won have a letter after the year.

Is true that each country gets a specific letter after the 2012? Where can I find what my country's letter or number is?
Anyone who knows about all that stuff?
Thx in advance!

Guys do you think it matters the first letter after the year in the conf. number?
I mean if it is a number e.g 20121xxx or a letter e.g 2012Fxxx ... I'm asking because most of the people who have won have a letter after the year.

Is true that each country gets a specific letter after the 2012? Where can I find what my country's letter or number is?
Thx in advance!
Hi iren, I really don't think that the variation in confirmation numbers are significant. It's all about the computer selecting our names. My number has a 1 after the year.

In addition, your country's abbreviation (2 letters) will probably be available via 'entrants online status check'.

It is not one letter, it is the abreviation of the continent, for example if you see mine is EU wichi is Europe, others are AS for Asia, AF for Africa and also OC for Oceania, hope this is clear. SO your country does not have a letter , you get the letters from the continent which country you apply for.

Thx in advance!