• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Lottery Winners From Ethiopia Meet Here

Thanks fikalab,
let's say it is valid only for 3 months and if i get a visa,can i stay morethan 3 months? or can i get it again if it expires? or i don't need it after my interview?

Last edited by a moderator:
mobile users download bolt browser for your phone it works the same with computer.truly nice

Thanks fikalab,
let's say it is valid only for 3 months and if i get a visa,can i stay morethan 3 months? or can i get it again if it expires? or i don't need it after my interview?

Hi,
In my opinion,I dont think u need it after the interview.The reason why i said that is,the validity of the Medical Forms,it is clearly written in the documents i posted and in the medical forms that the medical is valid only for 6 months if everything is fine but in my experience i had had my medical test a month prior to my interview and this implied that i would only have 5 months after the interview but instead the officer stamped on my passport 6 months validity.almost every one in Ethiopia i met got the 6 months validity period after the date of interview.therefore try to have your police certificate after you got your 2NL just to be on the safer side and as for the validity of the visa,after the interview you will have 6 months.May God be with you

Hi,
In my opinion,I dont think u need it after the interview.The reason why i said that is,the validity of the Medical Forms,it is clearly written in the documents i posted and in the medical forms that the medical is valid only for 6 months if everything is fine but in my experience i had had my medical test a month prior to my interview and this implied that i would only have 5 months after the interview but instead the officer stamped on my passport 6 months validity.almost every one in Ethiopia i met got the 6 months validity period after the date of interview.therefore try to have your police certificate after you got your 2NL just to be on the safer side and as for the validity of the visa,after the interview you will have 6 months.May God be with you

thanks very much.

2nd nl

hi all of you,
today morning i got 2nd nl and interview appointment has been scheduled for november 15,2011....may God be with all of us.

2nd nl

Hi all of you,
today morning i got 2nd nl and interview appointment has been scheduled for November 15,2011...may God be with all of us.

Hallow everyone, happy new year for all of us, even if late (not too late) to say!
i just want to know about authentication of documents at ministry of education and other offices, is it on the back of the original certificate or on the copies?
thank you!

Hallow everyone, happy new year for all of us, even if late (not too late) to say!
i just want to know about authentication of documents at ministry of education and other offices, is it on the back of the original certificate or on the copies?
thank you!

Hi Hela,
Happy Ethiopian new year to you too.To answer your question, at Ministry of Education the certificates will be authenticated at the back of the original national exam certificates and the same to Addis Ababa Education Bureau and at High Schools,for the high school transcripts.However for the university degree certificates i did authenticate on the true copy,u can authenticate on the original certificate though if u pay your cost sharing.but u need the copy of both pages of all your authenticated documents when you go for the interview.as for your private message(PM) i will PM u soon.May God be with u.

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA13,000
Except: Egypt 8,000
Ethiopia 10,000
Nigeria 10,000

Entitlement to immigrant status in the DV category lasts only through the end of the fiscal (visa) year for which the applicant is selected in the lottery. The year of entitlement for all applicants registered for the DV-2012 program ends as of September 30, 2012. DV visas may not be issued to DV-2012 applicants after that date. Similarly, spouses and children accompanying or following to join DV-2012 principals are only entitled to derivative DV status until September 30, 2012. DV visa availability through the very end of FY-2012 cannot be taken for granted. Numbers could be exhausted prior to September 30.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN DECEMBER

For December, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region

AFRICA 18,500
Except:
Egypt 12,700
Ethiopia 13,500
Nigeria 12,000

Thank you

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA13,000
Except: Egypt 8,000
Ethiopia 10,000
Nigeria 10,000

Entitlement to immigrant status in the DV category lasts only through the end of the fiscal (visa) year for which the applicant is selected in the lottery. The year of entitlement for all applicants registered for the DV-2012 program ends as of September 30, 2012. DV visas may not be issued to DV-2012 applicants after that date. Similarly, spouses and children accompanying or following to join DV-2012 principals are only entitled to derivative DV status until September 30, 2012. DV visa availability through the very end of FY-2012 cannot be taken for granted. Numbers could be exhausted prior to September 30.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN DECEMBER

For December, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region

AFRICA 18,500
Except:
Egypt 12,700
Ethiopia 13,500
Nigeria 12,000

Hi Fikalab, how is things going with u?thanks for the information. it seems this year is some what faster than last year. may God help us all.

Hi Fikalab, how is things going with u?thanks for the information. it seems this year is some what faster than last year. may God help us all.

Hi Hela,
Ya it looks faster and hope you will be current sooner than anticipated.i am preparing to depart from Addis soon.

hellow

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 18,500
Except: Egypt 12,700
Ethiopia 13,500
Nigeria 12,000
ASIA 15,000

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN JANUARY

For January, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 24,700
Except: Egypt 16,800
Ethiopia 16,800
Nigeria 14,500

Thank God!! We had our interview successfuly today...we arrived to the embassy at 6am and waited until 7am then we get in to the embassy,dropped documents.they told us to come back at 1pm for interview..we came at 1pm and the interview was preety easy..dad paid 1050ETB first for himself
Co:swear and take a fingerprint
we did
Co: sign on dsp230 if z information is true
we did
co: where u are intending to live?
Dad: xxx
co:tell me all of ur children age.
Mom: xxx
co: who is this in the form(sponsor)
dad:xxx
Co: looked over mine passport and birth certificate and there was an error so pointed to it and told dad to come back with adjusted birth certificate..everythng is ok and u can submit birth cert. Next monday until thursday 1pm...
Then she told dad if he want to pay the money right now for mom and us or after submitting birth cert.dad told her to pay it now....that was all..no more question asked..thankyou lord!! Thanku all of you.