• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012 Kenyan Selectees login here!!

kenweed

Registered Users (C)
I looked around and I didn't find a thread where Kenyans could share their DV experiences. Check in and lets make the American dream happen.
All the best! :cool:

Hey good people the purpose of this forum is to share DV 2012 experiences kindly post whatever it is that might make life easy for DV 2012 selectees.
Thanks.

Hi
Got selected CN:AF00051***
sent the forms back to kcc on 3rd Aug 2012

Hi Moku,

Been dillydallying, I'm sending my forms today though I didn't have a permanent address at first. I hope all goes well.
Which postal service did you use?

@kenweed - we sent with One World Courier. It was quite cheap (around 2k) compared to others like DHL, UPS, Fedex, the will charge something close to 6-8k.

Hi Moku,

Been dillydallying, I'm sending my forms today though I didn't have a permanent address at first. I hope all goes well.
Which postal service did you use?

Hi Kenweed, a big congrats to you after not winning since 2004 until now (after 8 yrs.). It shows that there really isn't anything behind NOT winning. It was 'your time' this year. In addition, I love your signature which is so, so, so true! All the best on your journey!

Good people @moku & @Kseniasat thanks a bunch, One world courier it is, now i'll just lay back and wait.

Hi Kenweed, a big congrats to you after not winning since 2004 until now (after 8 yrs.). It shows that there really isn't anything behind NOT winning. It was 'your time' this year. In addition, I love your signature which is so, so, so true! All the best on your journey!

Thanks Win dv.

The first round I really waited and when the results were eventually online I was a tad disappointed since I'd not been selected, I moved on though. I'd not joined any forum at the time so I didn't even know about the cancellation which came afterwards. Then some random afternoon while at work I decided to check up the link then I learnt they'd nullified the first outcome. I kept my fingers crossed and July 16th got the confirmation. I felt for the initial selectees because I now know how one would feel but there's always a reason for everything.

Hey people, Anyone with an interview coming up?? Kindly share your experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb cut-off numbers

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 32,000 Except:
Egypt 21,000
Ethiopia 21,500
Nigeria 16,000

ASIA 23,900
EUROPE 22,000 Except: Uzbekistan 16,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 775
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 775

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 32,000 Except:
Egypt 21,000
Ethiopia 21,500
Nigeria 16,000

ASIA 23,900
EUROPE 22,000 Except: Uzbekistan 16,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 775
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 775

@moku you realize this year's numbers are moving so fast compared to previous years.

Best of Luck to you & Please keep us updated on the Proccess

Hi kenweed,

I hope that you are ready for your big day that's coming up really soon. I am also a DV 2012 winner from Kenya and I have been reading the 2011 thread to prepare for my upcoming interview but I have not read about the experiences of DV 2012 winners from Kenya. I am mostly interested in knowing if there have been any substantial changes in the interview process for DV 2012 Kenyan selectees e.g. I read in the Nairobi Embassy webpage about the interviews being done on a single day and the Passport being received through DHL (instead of going back to pick up in person at the embassy) but I'm not sure if these things are actually being done that way.

Also not to forget it will be really motivating to hear of the success of others from the same country so please keep us updated on what things are going on and please please please let us know about the details of your interview experience. I (and I guess some others too) will be eager to hear about what's going on in the Nairobi embassy these days so we can brace ourselves for when it's our turn to face the counselor officers.

I wish you the very best in your forthcoming interview and I pray that you will soon be giving us a testimony of your success.

As for the other Kenyan Winners Please let's communicate more, pray for each other and prepare for our interviews so we can all be successful and so that the others coming after us can have an informative thread to read and learn from just like the 2011 and 2010 threads were useful to us.

Be blessed my Friends.

Best of Luck to you all.

@moku you realize this year's numbers are moving so fast compared to previous years.

Yeah, that is something that I have noticed. Hopefully I might be current in the month of May as opposed to July.
All the best in your forth coming interview, please do update us on your preparation and experience.
God be with you, all the best again.

Case Numbers

Yeah, that is something that I have noticed. Hopefully I might be current in the month of May as opposed to July.
All the best in your forth coming interview, please do update us on your preparation and experience.
God be with you, all the best again.

yeah the numbers are really fast this year. it gives me hope. lets keep encouraging each other

Case number 2012AF00075***
First NL received -15 July 2011
Forms sent to kcc - 28th july 2011
Second NL received - not yet
Police clearance received - not yet
Medicals received - not yet
Interview done - not yet
Visa picked up - not yet

Hi kenweed,

I hope that you are ready for your big day that's coming up really soon. I am also a DV 2012 winner from Kenya and I have been reading the 2011 thread to prepare for my upcoming interview but I have not read about the experiences of DV 2012 winners from Kenya. I am mostly interested in knowing if there have been any substantial changes in the interview process for DV 2012 Kenyan selectees e.g. I read in the Nairobi Embassy webpage about the interviews being done on a single day and the Passport being received through DHL (instead of going back to pick up in person at the embassy) but I'm not sure if these things are actually being done that way.

Also not to forget it will be really motivating to hear of the success of others from the same country so please keep us updated on what things are going on and please please please let us know about the details of your interview experience. I (and I guess some others too) will be eager to hear about what's going on in the Nairobi embassy these days so we can brace ourselves for when it's our turn to face the counselor officers.

I wish you the very best in your forthcoming interview and I pray that you will soon be giving us a testimony of your success.

As for the other Kenyan Winners Please let's communicate more, pray for each other and prepare for our interviews so we can all be successful and so that the others coming after us can have an informative thread to read and learn from just like the 2011 and 2010 threads were useful to us.

Be blessed my Friends.

Best of Luck to you all.

I guess I'm ready, I'm due for medical this week before the big one next week. Haven't yet picked my police certificate which hopefully will be ready by e.o.w. All the same I'm easy I know by God's grace I will pull through. About the changes the only notable thing I have noticed is the DHL delivery of the passport and I have already registered for the same just in case (good thing its free).
I'll update you folks on experiences hopefully it'll help you as you pursue your cases.

Cheers!!

Hi

I guess I'm ready, I'm due for medical this week before the big one next week. Haven't yet picked my police certificate which hopefully will be ready by e.o.w. All the same I'm easy I know by God's grace I will pull through. About the changes the only notable thing I have noticed is the DHL delivery of the passport and I have already registered for the same just in case (good thing its free).
I'll update you folks on experiences hopefully it'll help you as you pursue your cases.

Cheers!!

You are already a winner sir...go with that prayer.
How can i put my signature to show my cn to get help on when am current from members?

You are already a winner sir...go with that prayer.
How can i put my signature to show my cn to get help on when am current from members?

Thanks. Got to the furthest top right corner select notifications -> inbox -> my settings -> then select edit signature...

Then proceed from there.