• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2012 Interview Success!

Hi

I was just wondering, with regards to the police checks, I am Australian (and the primary applicant) and will therefore get a police check from the state we live in. My husband however is a Canadian who has lived in Australia for the last 2 years, but before that lived in the US working for a number of years.

Will he have to provide certificates for both Australia AND the United States? (he hasn't lived in Canada for a while now), or just Australia from the Federal Police?

I know I only just entered the lottery, but I love to know all the info "just in case".

Warm wishes

Q

You don't need any police clearance from the US, the FBI conducts a background check on him if he has lived in the US.. only if he has been arrested would he need court records
if he lived in Canada recently, within the past 5-10 years, he should get a police clearance from canada

 The appointment letter showing the date and time of your interview
 Passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the date you plan to enter the United States
 Birth certificate
 Adoptions decree (s)
 Marriage certificate (s)
 Death and/or divorce certificate(s)
 Police certificates from each country in which the applicant has resided for one year or longer. The certificate(s) must be issued within one year of the date of the visa appointment. NOTE: An applicant must present a police certificate from his/her country of current residence and country of nationality, if residence in such country exceeds 6 months
 Court records
 Military records
Evidence of domicile in the United States
 Job offer letter (for employment-based visas)
 Affidavit of support (I-134) (for fiancé, employment and DV visas)
 Evidence of support (I-864, Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year)

 Medical examination
 Two photographs (in color)
 For K visa applicants, a letter of intent to marry signed by the petitioner within 30 days of interview date

This is the list required documents, they asked for everything except court record, military record and Evidence of domicile in the United States, just asked if we have some friends down there

My pips had their interview letter, but their letter didn't request (or even metion) the highlighted documents. Does it mean they will not be asked for AOS (affidavit of support) at the interview? Anyone with knowledge or similar experience?

Please i need your help...

I Receive email from Kcc on 27 0ct 2011that the Ds-230 i submitted was incomplete, in order to continue your visa processing, complete the form and send it to kcc.
1. Date of Birth in this format MM/DD/YY.
2. Item #10 and #11 us address is missing.
3. Signature and Date.
Now since then am still looking for the us address.
Now i receive another email from no-reply@state.gov on Nov 5 telling me i have an update available on dvlottery.state.gov/ECS. soo when i logged in with my confirmation number, Family name and Date of Birth.The message goes like these*******
KCC have complete the processing of your visa and interview appointment has been schedue for you on Jan 27 2012 at 7.00am at emeke lagos..
under the letter i see
1.case number: Confirmed
2. Name: Confirmed
3. Beneficiaries: None

Please i dont understand ...... do i need to send the completed form to Kcc or i should wait for interview.... But my thinking was that KCC will send the interview appointment letter to my home address or what do you think?

good to know u made it. good luck

I Receive email from Kcc on 27 0ct 2011that the Ds-230 i submitted was incomplete, in order to continue your visa processing, complete the form and send it to kcc.
3. Signature and Date.
Now i receive another email from no-reply@state.gov on Nov 5 telling me i have an update available on dvlottery.state.gov/ECS. soo when i logged in with my confirmation number, Family name and Date of Birth.The message goes like these*******
KCC have complete the processing of your visa and interview appointment has been schedue for you on Jan 27 2012 at 7.00am at emeke lagos..
under the letter i see

Please i dont understand ...... do i need to send the completed form to Kcc or i should wait for interview.... But my thinking was that KCC will send the interview appointment letter to my home address or what do you think?

3. Signature and Date.
under the letter i see

Glory be to GOD Almighty for successful interview.........

I had my interview this morning in Sydney and was successful, such a relief! First off id like to thank everyone on this forum who took the time to read or reply to one of my many questions, your help has been invaluable through this whole process and certainly helped! I was chatting to several other lottery winners at the consulate today and they were amazed at how much I knew and it was thanks to this forum so thank you!
Glory be to GOD Almighty for successful interview.........Please do you receive interview schedule notification letter on your home address or you printed it out from the dvlottery.state.gov website?

Glory be to GOD Almighty for successful interview.........Please do you receive interview schedule notification letter on your home address or you printed it out from the dvlottery.state.gov website?

From DV 2012 on wards the notifications will only be updated on the DV website. no snail mail what so ever.

what i understand is that when your interview is due KCC will email you from some no-reply email id to check the website which will contain the revised information.

ours will be way down the line due to high CN. good luck and be prepared...

Print it out as directed and you are good to go. It will not be sent to ur home address.
Cheers!

pJ

The interview was done within 5 to 7 minutes with a lot of questions which were simple but technical unless u prepare 4 it u might be able to get it. I want to appreciate all good people in this forum who have been there to assist, i pray that the Lord Almighty will bless u more abundantly in Jesus name, amen.
The DV was won by my wife, so she is the Principal applicant while i enjoyed derivative status. I want to state here that, the proof of funds or affidavit of support as sm pple say was not requested at all from us, all they requested for was marriage certificate, medicals, police cert, nysc cert, waec cert, birth cert,vaccine result for my wife being the principal applicant, my own, only photocopy of waec cert, original vaccine result, medicals birth cert, and our passport. No question on proof of funds!

I will share my experience with u guys later today

The interview was done within 5 to 7 minutes with a lot of questions which were simple but technical unless u prepare 4 it u might be able to get it. I want to appreciate all good people in this forum who have been there to assist, i pray that the Lord Almighty will bless u more abundantly in Jesus name, amen.
The DV was won by my wife, so she is the Principal applicant while i enjoyed derivative status. I want to state here that, the proof of funds or affidavit of support as sm pple say was not requested at all from us, all they requested for was marriage certificate, medicals, police cert, nysc cert, waec cert, birth cert,vaccine result for my wife being the principal applicant, my own, only photocopy of waec cert, original vaccine result, medicals birth cert, and our passport. No question on proof of funds!

Congratulations Bro. We look forward to hearing from you. Remain blessed

Here is my experience at the interview. I will try as much to be brief.. We got there on time with all our documents which include the following.
Wife: Original police report, birth cert, wedding cert, waec cert, nysc cert, bsc cert, medicals report, vacciones report , professionals cert, A level cert, but A level cert was returned to us. They requested for a photocopies of all the document collected. They also collcetd a passport photograph with internataional passport.
Myself: original birth cert, police cert, medicals report, vaccines report, a passport photograph with intl paasport and photocopies of waec cert, etc.

we were told to pay non refundable fee of $819* 2=$1,638 at window 21. then we started waiting for like almost 3 hours alot of pple are been denied while some few others are been granted visas. i will state here that, prayer works, some consular officers are very tough wile some are good and friendly. Pls pray for favour. at last we were called to window 16 for real business.

CO: Good morning
We: good morning.
CO raise ur right hand to swear to say the truth
We: we did
finger print were taken.
CO; ur wife is the principal winner so u either go and sit down or stand behind her, ok
We: I would stand
CO; ok
CO; What is ur highest qualification?
my wife: Bsc deqree in bus adm.
CO: How long does it take to finish ur degree
wife: answer
CO what are the courses u offered in the university
wife; financial accounting, cost accounting marketing etc
CO Which one do like most?
wife: marketing
CO; why do like marketing
wife answer
CO, can u tell me title of the project u wrote in ur final year?
wife:answer
CO can u tell me how productivity is achieved by workers motivation, (from the prokect)
wife. answered vry well making reference to maslow theory of needs in relations to workers need to actualised stated objectives.
CO; hw many section do u have in mathematics in ur waec exams
wife: 2 section, 1 theory, other , objectives
CO, when did u married
wife answer
CO. can i see ur wedding pics
I brought out big album containing different ones
CO, asking me, where did u met ur wife
myself: University
CO, so u went to university as well
myself yes
CO what course did u studied
myself, answered
CO, u are eligible for the visas, i will give u, congratulations
CO; who would be coming to pick ur visas
wife; my husband
Co; congratulations again
we. thank you.

He who hath a good works in me will perfect it in Jesus name, amen. Thanks

@mejemeje
Glory be to God for this success. l guess you are the first person bringing a success story on the 2012 nigerian thread and more of this will soon be falling on this thread.

Congratulations

Congratulations. I seems that your interview went well.

Successful interview today

I did my interview today and it was an outright success.
i want to thank everyone in the house for your help.
I will share my experience soon. I will also be willing to help
any forunmite that need assistance as a way of giving back to the house.

sorry ,i have not been posting lately, i don't seem to like the
change made by the admin in the forum.

I did my interview today and it was an outright success.
i want to thank everyone in the house for your help.
I will share my experience soon. I will also be willing to help
any forunmite that need assistance as a way of giving back to the house.

sorry ,i have not been posting lately, i don't seem to like the
change made by the admin in the forum.

Congratulations for a successful interview. We will be waiting for the interview breakdown.